Sign in to follow this  
jonsnow

Iron, Copper, Brass?...

Are there any differences in their use for weapons and armor?

No. Most people make iron chainmail because it is easiest.

Once we get player visible armor, there will be the Vanity difference, and I expect brass/bronze/silver chainmail will be all the rage then.

No. Most people make iron chainmail because it is easiest.

Once we get player visible armor, there will be the Vanity difference, and I expect brass/bronze/silver chainmail will be all the rage then.

when is that supposed to happen? any ideas?

Not all metals can be used universally. Iron is by far the most versatile, and there are quite a few things that can only be made using iron (or steel). Steel was somewhat recently changed to take less damage from use, so that's the only metal with any sort of advantage over others.

that's really sad.  Seems like a really big miss, and something that is very important to miners especially.  How hard is it to honestly change the stats?  Sigh.

I wouldn't change stats on non iron/steel armors.  Currently home servers on Epic are capped at 50ql for every ore other than iron, so that would put them at a disadvantage if any non iron/steel armor becomes the new requirement to compete pvp. 

I wouldn't change stats on non iron/steel armors.  Currently home servers on Epic are capped at 50ql for every ore other than iron, so that would put them at a disadvantage if any non iron/steel armor becomes the new requirement to compete pvp.

And we wouldn't want to encourage trade... :P

And we wouldn't want to encourage trade... :P

Or leaving home to go to the main server :P