Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Make Spyglasses a craftable item

I wouldn't craft one, nor buy one with in game coin. And I certainly wouldn't buy one with cash money. They are useless items that were perfect for gifts. You people are silly.

I wouldn't craft one, nor buy one with in game coin. And I certainly wouldn't buy one with cash money. They are useless items that were perfect for gifts. You people are silly.

Worth is determined by demand.  Silly or not, people value them :)

You are half right. Worth is determined by supply AND demand. People demanding two and a half months of premium time for an item that was a gift is outright silly. It's an artificial demand you are talking about simply because the items can not be had any other way. It's supply is low because of that reason alone. If Rolf had any idea, he'd just make it a moneysink item and keep the money for himself. Instead, he worries about the people who might get their feelings hurt because they exploited, or were exploited, by a trumped up economy in game.

Get over yourselves. Rolf is in no way responsible for what transactions happen outside his purview.

You are half right. Worth is determined by supply AND demand. People demanding two and a half months of premium time for an item that was a gift is outright silly. It's an artificial demand you are talking about simply because the items can not be had any other way. It's supply is low because of that reason alone. If Rolf had any idea, he'd just make it a moneysink item and keep the money for himself. Instead, he worries about the people who might get their feelings hurt because they exploited, or were exploited, by a trumped up economy in game.

Get over yourselves. Rolf is in no way responsible for what transactions happen outside his purview.

True, but still, if people are willing to pay 2+ months premium for a spyglass, its value is already established :)

But i don't know about economics so I'm probably just BSing here

This is just the ones who have the item trying to monopolize it.

I propose then that if gift items are supposed to be gift and are useless, and have no uses on other server sand for the ones that don't have them.

Make them bound and impossible to trade then.

Rolf gave the early adopters much more valuable gifts than the last few years. Those gifts are transferable to other players.

The game has an economy directly linked to the euro. Whether you paid silver or outside money, makes no difference. Every silver in game was originally purchased with real money.

Rolf giving items away (or even creating items with inherently high value to players such as drake etc), providing the means for those items to be sold and transferred, and then arbitrarily removing the value, can easily be seen as a bait and switch con.

This is just the ones who have the item trying to monopolize it.

I propose then that if gift items are supposed to be gift and are useless, and have no uses on other server sand for the ones that don't have them.

Make them bound and impossible to trade then.

To late, it's already done, these are "gifts" that are several years old that we're talking about.  There's no monopoly, only limited supply.

stuff

Again, you need to read the not so fine print.

4/ How you conduct any transaction is entirely up to you ,and we have no advice or association in any such transactions.

Remember at the end of the day there is no insurance and its entirely buyer beware.

Nothing bait and switch about this game except for the cons perpetrated by players against other players.

+1 I do not see why not its a crafting game if there is some item in the game you should be able to craft it unless its some sort of artifact. However I think before this is added we would need glass crafting I also think this should be a very hard item to create. All these arguements about it being a gift suck basically if rolf had given you a plank then you wouldn't want anyone else to create a plank because rolf gave it to you an its a special gift and noone would be able to build anything if it was given to you as a gift it was given to you to use for yourself not to sell on like some unwanted Christmas present.