Sign in to follow this  
Malevolence

Make Spyglasses a craftable item

Enormous -1, they shouldn't be available to anyone not willing to buy them. It was a gift from Rolf, so don't cheapen the gift.

Epic doesn't have them at all.  Make it a craftable/trader item on Epic, if any one complains about that... then lol.

Enormous -1, they shouldn't be available to anyone not willing to buy them. It was a gift from Rolf, so don't cheapen the gift.

I think this was directed more so at Epic server.

+1 or at least make it so you can buy some from traders

Say 15s trader?

If not it neeeeeeeeds

Brass and some type of lens possibly a eye and you get a lens from it? xD

buuuuutt    +1

I agree to this for an epic only item, or like someone else said a 15s trader item etc.

I think this would make a cooler prize from a harder mission than from a trader to purchase.  That way it's at least earned. 

+1 to adding this and more stuff (like fireworks) to traders as money sink items.

Some people are so quick to demonize things like spyglasses without judging their true value. I would bow before you if you could make a spyglass that I could actually see through; making glass back then wasn't like making a sandwich you know. ;D

-1 They were a GIFT from Rolf. Stop trying to degrade the gift. Epic doesn't need it and if you want it on freedom, buy it from a player.

Some people are so quick to demonize things like spyglasses without judging their true value. I would bow before you if you could make a spyglass that I could actually see through; making glass back then wasn't like making a sandwich you know. ;D

For sure they did not have digital distance read outs to use for catapulting and other things.

Somehow players like you always equivocate the GUI to realism.

i would bet all those in this thread raging about "devaluing a gift" - have a spyglass that they're contemplating selling for 25 silver (or whatever the case may be). lol

I agree to this for an epic only item, or like someone else said a 15s trader item etc.

-1 for epic only item.

Its stupid that epic would get it, and people who started after they gave it as xmas gift can't.

All around 15-20s trader item.

i would bet all those in this thread raging about "devaluing a gift" - have a spyglass that they're contemplating selling for 25 silver (or whatever the case may be). lol

Check the market posts and you'll see how right you are.

And?

Wurm is a game where you spend real money, so it's entirely valid to protest the deliberate devaluing of an existing commodity.

So, having paid the whatever euro currency equivalent for them, I'd rather not be made to feel even more silly for paying real money for virtual goods, by removing any chance of being able to recoup some of that if I ever choose to cash out (I mean the risk of that is inevitable, but it does seem rather malicious, and possibly litigable, to arbitrarily introduce an item that becomes a valuable market item, and then reduce that item to basically worthless).

It is your own damn choice to waste real life money on pixels. Rolf gave those to you as a gift, not a gub dang investment that you are supposed to earn money on. I'm all for making spyglasses available as trader items, as well as stuff like fireworks and the gnomes

It is your own damn choice to waste real life money on pixels. Rolf gave those to you as a gift, not a gub dang investment that you are supposed to earn money on. I'm all for making spyglasses available as trader items, as well as stuff like fireworks and the gnomes

Not arguing that, just stating that it's fair to be against the proposition.

It's your opinion that these things should not be a "gub dang investment", and I'd like to agree with that, but many aspects of the game actively encourage this.

Basically all the argument is, is that people without these items want them to be cheaper, because they can't afford them.  Everything in Wurm equates to money in one way or another. If they are put on traders, they should go on at current market values, 25s or whatever, at the very least. The only change then is that they'd maybe be easier to find to buy.

Personally i wouldn't mind paying 25s for one at the trader, although the pricing will be entirely up to Rolf. What i don't understand is why they should stay exclusive to a chosen few

Not arguing that, just stating that it's fair to be against the proposition.

It's your opinion that these things should not be a "gub dang investment", and I'd like to agree with that, but many aspects of the game actively encourage this.

Basically all the argument is, is that people without these items want them to be cheaper, because they can't afford them.  Everything in Wurm equates to money in one way or another. If they are put on traders, they should go on at current market values, 25s or whatever, at the very least. The only change then is that they'd maybe be easier to find to buy.

Again, as others have stated, it seems the issue is with Epic...  seeing as how there are no spyglasses available for euro (player trades, as they are on Freedom/Chaos), OR craftable/silver means. 

Also, the point of adding spyglasses as craftable/'buy-able" items (silver from a trader) is not intentionally trying to devalue them, but simply making them more accessible to players who have never been able to use or appreciate them.  Even making them 50s on a trader on Epic (or Freedom/Chaos, for that matter) would allow many more people to buy them (using RL money means, or in-game money).  This may be looked as "devaluing" the spyglasses from an absolute and literal perspective, but honestly I think more people would benefit from these being integrated (at a very high price, if deemed necessary).

I would buy one off a trader, providing coin to the pool rather than paying another player that maybe got it as a gift.

To make them craftable it would need something related to its ql, so it just isn't a flag item - i don't see such for a spyglass.

If the creation would need Star variants of gems they would still be seldom, keeping the availability low - maybe too low...

But thats just my personal preference.

I would buy one off a trader, providing coin to the pool rather than paying another player that maybe got it as a gift.

To make them craftable it would need something related to its ql, so it just isn't a flag item - i don't see such for a spyglass.

If the creation would need Star variants of gems they would still be seldom, keeping the availability low - maybe too low...

But thats just my personal preference.

Could not agree more!

Spyglasses are a nice utility tool and i see no reason to opposing a craftable version on epic.

+1 would be awsome to craft/buy spyglasses from traders.