Sign in to follow this  
Alyeska

Giant catfish captured

After three days out alone in the big ocean, catching white sharks and other monstrous fish, I believe I have reeled in the king of all fish.

0487c.png

Sadly, he did not fit into a frying pan. Chopped into filets, he wielded 82 filets to be divided over several delicious meals.

Next go for something like THIS: (Its a marlin)

big-marlin.jpeg

Nice catch, now get peeling the potatoes your going to need a huge amount of chips (Fries) to go with it...

catfish1.jpg

Sorry, world record is 293 kilograms :P though it probably breaks all Wurm's records.

(I know the picture looks kinda fake but honest its straight off National Geographic.... looks big enough to eat a dwarf or two!)

By the way, what is your fishing skill at? Wonder what a 98Q shark/marlin would weigh ...

Grats!!

That's pretty sweet, got a picture of it on the ground? ;)

The size scales with the weight now, right?

Sadly, no they don't. It wasnt much bigger than my foot. :P

By the way, what is your fishing skill at?

Only 72, and Ive never ever managed to capture a shark or marlin above 10.90 ql yet :o

Sadly, no they don't. It wasnt much bigger than my foot. :P

By the way, what is your fishing skill at?

Only 72, and Ive never ever managed to capture a shark or marlin above 10.90 ql yet :o

thats cool and all, but lol.. come to the city :D we are about to leave and hope to meet you guys :) (at around 22:00)

thats cool and all, but lol.. come to the city :D we are about to leave and hope to meet you guys :) (at around 22:00)

I'm coming tomorrow. Xallo's not even flying in until tomorrow anyways.

LOL you could probably feed an entire large village for a month or two off that one fish (well, mixing in some veggies for a meal..)

I know awhile back there was a thread with fishing records. I belive Tich held almost all of the records with 99ql fish. Would have to see if that beat her largest catfish :P

Nice catch

searching the forums i found a reference to a marlin Pifa caught

Caught a 137.8kg Marlin during the weekend (68.9ql) was one of the 31 marlin caught :)

Also from different thread...

No visual proof, but Beartrap caught a 174kg Marlin. I was in his boat when it happened. We caught quite a few... produced at least 70-75+ fillets each.

So I dont hold the largest (highest ql) Marlin record.

Just a comparison -

[13:19:30] <Zerobyteaus> just caught a 91ql catfish

[13:22:03] <Zerobyteaus> 1.74kg is a normal one, this one came in on the scales at 14.60

So yours is a real lunker!  :o

Not the largest ever in Wurm history if memory serves right; however, its one of the biggest. Very nice, get alot of meat off of that one.

Shame theres no real way to preserve such catches for display. Like a taxidermy skill.

Fish Caught today in 2.5 hours

[table]

[tr][td] Fish          [/td][td]Number[/td][td] Av  [/td][td]Total [/td][td] Best[/td][td]Best  [/td][/tr]

[tr][td] Type          [/td][td]Caught[/td][td] QL  [/td][td]Weight[/td][td] QL  [/td][td]Weight[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]---------------[/td][td]------[/td][td]-----[/td][td]------[/td][td]-----[/td][td]------[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Perch          [/td][td]  21  [/td][td]77.30[/td][td]  8.11[/td][td]98.21[/td][td]  0.49[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Catfish        [/td][td]  17  [/td][td]55.85[/td][td]237.35[/td][td]89.08[/td][td] 22.27[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Smallmouth bass[/td][td]  19  [/td][td]33.53[/td][td] 25.48[/td][td]98.17[/td][td]  3.93[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Brook trout    [/td][td]  8  [/td][td]74.43[/td][td] 17.86[/td][td]97.52[/td][td]  2.92[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Pike          [/td][td]  10  [/td][td]45.71[/td][td] 28.02[/td][td]81.62[/td][td]  4.90[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Carp          [/td][td]  12  [/td][td]43.87[/td][td] 84.22[/td][td]86.26[/td][td] 13.80[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Herring        [/td][td]  8  [/td][td]74.73[/td][td]  1.79[/td][td]93.73[/td][td]  0.28[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Roach          [/td][td]  3  [/td][td]69.89[/td][td]  0.42[/td][td]77.43[/td][td]  0.15[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]---------------[/td][td]------[/td][td]-----[/td][td]------[/td][td]-----[/td][td]------[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Tuna          [/td][td]  8  [/td][td]10.90[/td][td] 52.31[/td][td]10.90[/td][td]  6.54[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Sailfish      [/td][td]  3  [/td][td]10.90[/td][td]  3.27[/td][td]10.90[/td][td]  1.09[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Marlin        [/td][td]  16  [/td][td]10.90[/td][td]348.78[/td][td]10.90[/td][td] 21.80[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]White Shark    [/td][td]  2  [/td][td]18.05[/td][td] 72.19[/td][td]25.20[/td][td] 50.39[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Octopus        [/td][td]  2  [/td][td]11.58[/td][td]  2.31[/td][td]12.25[/td][td]  1.23[/td][/tr]   

[tr][td]Dorado        [/td][td]  2  [/td][td]13.21[/td][td]  7.92[/td][td]15.51[/td][td]  4.65[/td][/tr]   

[/table]

Fishing rod went from 85QL down to 38QL (repairing after each fish!)

Its amazing how much dmg poles take.

They take way too much damage if you ask me lol. It's a good thing that my main is a carpenter ::)

And wow, that's a nice catch!!  ;D

Its amazing how much dmg poles take.

Agreed and the damage has been reduced once - I normally go with Pifa so i can work on her fishing rods whilst she damages them - Try to keep them at 80+ql as better chance to catch best fish that way.

So tich, you do say it (used to be) is possible to catch sharks and marlins over 10.90 ql? I have never ever succeeded in that yet :(