Sign in to follow this  
ericbomb

guard captain

When you examine it you get something like this

"An elite guardsmen hand picked and trained by the mayor himself to command the guard in his absence"

Basically it's a spirit Templar that is only active when the mayor is logged off, and it's power is directly related to that of the mayor, but it can never be stronger then the mayor. Its max would be like -10 fs, -1 all stats, -10 weapon skill, ect. It's gear could be chain with ql = to fs, and weapon = weapon skill

It can either be born with these stats or the mayor has to use a "train" option, which will show the two sparring against each other. The captain will gain stats while the mayor will not (or something). It could also be the first Templar that you purchase.

Just something I thought of since the mayor should always be the strongest fighter, I think it would make sense if they could train a guard to help in there absence.

Oh and it could also loose a ton of skill when it dies or something, so mayors don't just hide for fear of loosing their gear.

The majority of times deeds are drained are of course due to know body being there to protect the deed. I think the initial idea is good. Ut would be hard to get the correct balance. Maybe it could be 50% of the mayors skill?

Intresting idea none the less.

Sorry for typos, on my phone :)

The majority of times deeds are drained are of course due to know body being there to protect the deed. I think the initial idea is good. Ut would be hard to get the correct balance. Maybe it could be 50% of the mayors skill?

Intresting idea none the less.

Sorry for typos, on my phone :)

which in some cases would be half the power of the current templars.

I like the OP. it's not op. :)

Yeah the point is so that even if the big guns aren't online it's not just a free drain, still have to overcome a fairly strong captain that the weaker players can hopefully coordinate around. Half would make them weaker then the normal deed guards probably as I think they have like 40-50 fs.

my thoughts exactly,  and why i like this idea!

bring it on. haha!

another suggestion is allow equiping of tower and deed guards.

scale all around! yo ho!

You can already equip tower guards, not deed guards though last time i checked.

Ooo give it archery!

well I know what I'm testing when i get the chance...

As a non-combative deed owner, I'd prefer the cloned player could be nominated as a role within the community. Some (maybe many?) Deed mayors are not necessarily fighters, so being able to nominate a deed captain who gets cloned when offline would be just and good and even more flexible for the variety of players and communities in wurm.

Great idea btw!

And when you are online, deed guards can make bricks and mortar or dig.

lol no

lol no

they should fish. i'd love to see my templars on the shoreline, or standing out in the ocean over a white shark tile and fishing when there isnt a problem. otherwise, those lazy bums do nothing.

Bricks and mortar? Na, Fishing? Na, Lets have our guards pvp for us, that way we will not get interrupted from crafting!

^ (My opinion of the whole idea in general.)

it's for offline times, when nobody is there.

hardly pvp when you show up and the village animal handler is the only online member, and all you've got between you and the token are templars.

That's pve, btw.

lol no

they should fish. i'd love to see my templars on the shoreline, or standing out in the ocean over a white shark tile and fishing when there isnt a problem. otherwise, those lazy bums do nothing.

Make it so you can set them to do certain jobs for certain periods of time :) that way you COULD set them to make bricks, but if you do get raided you're one guard down so it's your own fault :P

Basically it's a spirit Templar that is only active when the mayor is logged off, and it's power is directly related to that of the mayor, but it can never be stronger then the mayor. Its max would be like -10 fs, -1 all stats, -10 weapon skill, ect. It's gear could be chain with ql = to fs, and weapon = weapon skill

Lol, my mayor has 3.6fs!, that would mean this mega-guard has -7fs...