Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Public announcment: The slaying of Erik the Red Dragon # Attempt 2 - Failed

I probably won't be taking part in this kill, as I am having WAY too much fun on Epic

Do we have a good amount of Fo's? iirc the red stomps so it would be cool to have a aoe heal popping up every so often so we dont have to back up to heal and so lose focus level.

some would be better motivated if incentives were provided :P

personally i think its b.s. these armor sets sell for what they sell for..

and an idea (idk if its been mentioned or though of.. too tired to read several pages at the moment lol) but If someone(s) can bring enough square pieces of cloth (Fo's double favor item and easier than cordage ropes... higher the ql the better like any other sac item) then the fo priest(s) could really dish out some heals (unless perhaps there's a cooldown on "heal" and the other healing spells that i haven't ran into yet)

Veselled gems are easier. Sacrificing cloth takes time. And of course, linking to one or two main fo priests who will be in charge of the casting.

sure if you have a ton of gems to bring for fo's to use for healing and walk away with just a silly dragonslayer title when keeping people alive or helping them live longer :P

Its his dragon, if he wanted he could give 0 sets and people would still come!

Im just here for the fun, not the sets of scale.

Personally i think you dont care and yet you still only whine in kchat or the forums go away you ugly orc

personally i think you're a silly donkey that's too motivated by virtual money. 

shall we go another round?

Yes, because i do not own this dragon, elite does.

He paid money to get it, and now he will try to get it back, which means he isnt really motived by virtual money, but getting his money back.

2nd, we are giving out vesseled gems, nobody has to take them themselves.

Next round?

first mention i'd heard of "giving out vesseled gems" - hence why i suggested square piece of cloth (fo's double favor item).

which is easier than cordage rope to come up with :P

i also find it funny that the ones that are most needed for something like this, probably second to the "tank" ( / tanks)...  you know.. the ones that can heal 99.9% of a player's missing HP in a single stroke... aren't thought of in events like this.. but golly it'd sure be nice if they were there wouldn't it?

P.S.: here's a bullet to put a gaping hole in your "which means he isn't really motivated by virtual money" theory... straight from the original post: "It is his intention to sell scale sets to recover the money he has invested in purchasing the red dragon, and then retain some of the remaining scale sets as a future investment."

have a nice day :)

[01:47:23] Fighting increased by 0.0190 to 70.036

I dunnit. I maedit. Ye.

I'm otw, Fo battery, Mag battery, Vyn - whatever he's good for, idk.

Hope this is successful, I know it's gunna be fun !!!

P.S.: here's a bullet to put a gaping hole in your "which means he isn't really motivated by virtual money" theory... straight from the original post: "It is his intention to sell scale sets to recover the money he has invested in purchasing the red dragon, and then retain some of the remaining scale sets as a future investment."

So? I don't see anything wrong with that. Even if there was no scale sets to be distributed (although the idea of winning one is nice), I would've participated. And I guess at least 90% of those who participated would've done so if all they got was a chance to get the title.

So? I don't see anything wrong with that. Even if there was no scale sets to be distributed (although the idea of winning one is nice), I would've participated. And I guess at least 90% of those who participated would've done so if all they got was a chance to get the title.

lets comment about something that has nothing to do with us and wasn't even directed at us :P

lets comment about something that has nothing to do with us and wasn't even directed at us :P

Working right on that, sir!

Working right on that, sir!

good job :)

Leaving chaos now, got 50 + FS. Hope I will make it

Also made it.

[17:44:11] The venerable fat red dragon breathes fire!

[17:44:11] You are dead.

[18:00:33] You feel supernatural. Invincible!

[18:00:54] The venerable fat red dragon breathes fire!

[18:00:54] You are dead.

Poor skills!

Instant dead to make the fight more interesting.

wurm2012031117481.jpg

Dragon is not dead yet.

Yes, this time change has me all screwed up. Daylight savings time is useless.

Mistake 1:

The fire comes from behind him. Keep everyone on 1 side.

Mistake 2:

.ing Daylight savings time :P

[17:31:50] The venerable fat red dragon moves in to attack you.

[17:31:50] The venerable fat red dragon cowers.

Damn right you do!!

Favourite combat log.

2hi5evs.png

So far no luck. Will be logging in in 4 hours, gonna cry if this sucker is still alive.

Shame that we weren't successful. From what I saw I'd say the problem was that nobody had real authority - so when decisions needed to be made it was about who could shout loudest in local. Not an easy creature to kill though and it showed :-\

From what I saw I'd say the problem was that nobody had real authority - so when decisions needed to be made it was about who could shout loudest in local. Not an easy creature to kill though and it showed :-\

My observation was that Rolf ninja-changed something or messed something up unintentionally again. We got crowded messages after 10+ people, I doubt 10 fighters can kill a red dragon.

(but yes, it is amazing how bad people are at following simple orders)

Epic Failure !

Definitely not gonna try it EVER AGAIN with these organizers.

Compared to the Deli kill, that was less than 8 mins, this wasnt even a try.

Shame on me i went there....

Had we been able to target this dragon with the 40+ players instead of 10~ it would have been down quickly, blame rolf not the organizers :(

Sorry i didn't make it but 3am on a sunday night is a tough call. Was just too late for me. That said from the sounds of it i wouldn't have made a difference.