Sign in to follow this  
Chikiza

USA and its Tornados

hello all,

hopefully all are well and not catched from the many tornados in the middle of the usa!  :-\

Some crazy sh*t. That's why I live in oregon. Only thing I gotta fear is crazy bums and earthquakes. God bless any of you in the path of those monsters of nature. But damn they are fun to watch.

hello all,

hopefully all are well and not catched from the many tornados in the middle of the usa!  :-\

North east - Safe

North West - Safe  *Mount Saint Helens?*

Everywhere else - DANGER

Really each part of the US, and the world for that matter, has potential for bad weather or other natural disasters.

North east - Safe

Everywhere else - DANGER

Really each part of the US, and the world for that matter, has potential for bad weather or other natural disasters.

Yeah but the chances of that are slim.

North east - Safe

Everywhere else - DANGER

Yeah but the chances of that are slim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramapo_Fault

http://www.nyc24.org/2006/issue2/story03/index.html

It's only a slim chance until it happens, then it's a 100% certainty :)

Some crazy sh*t. That's why I live in oregon. Only thing I gotta fear is crazy bums and earthquakes. God bless any of you in the path of those monsters of nature. But damn they are fun to watch.

Left out the lightning and ensuing forest fires we get around here in the Pacific NW too  ;D

North east - Safe

North West - Safe

Everywhere else - DANGER

Forgot to add the SW to Safe, in AZ we have 2 seasons, summer and fall, a flash flood or a wildfire once in awhile is about it.

North east - Safe

North West - Safe

Everywhere else - DANGER

Forgot to add the SW to Safe, in AZ we have 2 seasons, summer and fall, a flash flood or a wildfire once in awhile is about it.

Earthquake Fault lines.

sorry i live in oklahoma and i have no clue what you're talking about

whats this talk about tornados

I was here for St. Helens didnt do anything but lay us with ash. couple retards on the mountain but that's about it.

I was here for St. Helens didnt do anything but lay us with ash. couple retards on the mountain but that's about it.

Aye, was almost a year before I was born. Seen vid of it though... nice big boom  ;D

Britain is too boring, we have no fault lines, no where near any continental borders or anything

we don't get any volcanoes, earthquakes or tornadoes or anything interesting :(

USA is better country is so many ways :(

Britain is too boring, we have no fault lines, no where near any continental borders or anything

we don't get any volcanoes, earthquakes or tornadoes or anything interesting :(

USA is better country is so many ways :(

You have enough fog and rain to make up for it, I think.  You also get some pretty nasty storms, no?  Flooding damage?

Aye, was almost a year before I was born. Seen vid of it though... nice big boom  ;D

Next thing you'll be telling us DB Cooper was before your time too.

Anyway yay for the PacNW, I'm in Oregon.  We do have periodic floodings, tsunamis, forest fires, and random cougar attacks to keep things lively from time to time, in addition  to random volcanoes.

Tsunamis were more common an issue back when I lived in Alaska, but they can affect Oregon/Washington too. I guess Idaho might be safe tho ^_^  "Recent findings conclude that the Cascadia Subduction zone is more complex and volatile than previously believed. In 2010 geologists predicted a 37 percent chance of a M8.2+ event within 50 years, and a 10 to 15 percent chance that the entire Cascadia Subduction will rupture with a M9+ event within the same time frame.  Geologists have also determined the Pacific Northwest is not prepared for such a colossal quake. The tsunami produced could reach heights of 80 to 100 feet (24 to 30 m)."  [/i]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1700_Cascadia_earthquake#Future_threats

Considering I was born in 1981, I would say Cooper was a little before my time.

All of this tornado stuff has literally missed me by the skin of my teeth.  The worst on, an F4 tornado missed my place by 4 miles.  That was only one of 6 that have hit around here in the last week.  Needless to say its been a long, sleepless week for me.