Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Body Control levelled on Elevation server

Yeah, but if it's changed now it's just going to become like old wild. People with higher body control and newbies just starting out having a hard time catching up. You can only get to a max of 40 body control with mind stealer before it stops stealing. 40 body control is probably not that insane, I see that account Mord has already 35...so it's really not a big deal.

This server is meant to be easy to get into the thick of things with pvp and have an alright account for it. Mind Stealer is a great tool to help these newbies catch up a little without the old timers rising to far ahead.

Hopefully you can see that this is good for the game?

40 body control is probably not that insane, I see that account Mord has already 35...so it's really not a big deal.

People with 40bc and less were nerfed in the latest update. Just an FYI.

40 body control is probably not that insane, I see that account Mord has already 35...so it's really not a big deal.

Thats because they abused that lockpicking exploit? lol

When you used the word insane, I thought you were referring to where Rolf said in the update news

The skills involved were modified down to more sane levels.

So with what you said, 40bc isn't considered insane and therefore probably didn't need to be nerfed. Especially coupled with the fact Rolf has stated it wasn't outright exploiting, infact he even "ok"d it at one point.

It's not impossible to get 40, the problem is the way players were getting the 30+ body control in the amount of time was a loophole/exploit.  You shouldn't complain, 30 is a gift, it should just reset completely imo.  It was lowered because it was gained via an exploit, it's a logical nerf. 

Sorry, what I was trying to get at is 40 body control is not hard to grind to. I doubt that many have it yet..but in a month or so a lot will.

When you used the word insane, I thought you were referring to where Rolf said in the update news

The skills involved were modified down to more sane levels.

So with what you said, 40bc isn't considered insane and therefore probably didn't need to be nerfed. Especially coupled with the fact Rolf has stated it wasn't outright exploiting, infact he even "ok"d it at one point.

You really shouldn't talk about things you clearly do not understand.

And the group I'm talking about Gomeo is the new PMK mongrels or what ever your going by. you guys seem pretty ready to burn us at the stake, your old fighting buddies, but now we're on the enemy side: burn us at the stake?

btw why did you remover your post Gomeo it added a nice touch

not sure what this thread is about anymore, this was a BC nerf thread and people keep going on lockpicking, they say you shouldn't throw accusations around and accuse black summit of exploiting

right now it's pretty obvious all that they are doing is slander and trying very hard to get black summit members nerfed because they don't like us anymore, so I don't really see any reason to keep this thread open anymore

not sure what this thread is about anymore, this was a BC nerf thread and people keep going on lockpicking, they say you shouldn't throw accusations around and accuse black summit of exploiting

right now it's pretty obvious all that they are doing is slander and trying very hard to get black summit members nerfed because they don't like us anymore, so I don't really see any reason to keep this thread open anymore

it keeps going to lockpicking cause that was one of the ways mentioned in opening post -.-

Were they given two warnings?  I seem to recall an incident in the past where people involved didn't know it was an exploit and received two warnings after a massive public outcry.

ps. posteh why do you gaf if all of hots is painted with a brush  ???

I will try to be a little constructive.

Mindstealer will create a gap between some players and other players. Not everyone can cast MS or acquire a weapon with it. Nerfing it any further would make the gap even bigger. It would be even harder for a new player to get hold of a weapon

How about we remove MS and all the gains people got from it (obvious troll). Or make the cast available to all priests and lower the favour costs to cast it. Another solution might be to make body control less effective at higher levels. For example once you get like 30 body control there is no point getting it any higher, because at that skill it would be close to max efficiency.

Anyone got any other ideas?

MS won't create a gap because there's a cap on it (afaik), but this thread isn't about suggestions to Mindstealer. 

MS won't create a gap because there's a cap on it, but this thread isn't about suggestions to Mindstealer.

This thread is about thievery and body control. 40 bc can be very hard for some people to reach.

MS won't create a gap because there's a cap on it (afaik), but this thread isn't about suggestions to Mindstealer.

The cap seems to be 40, afaik. and most of the hots players and the newer players do have trouble getting to 40 Body control and arent even near it.

Mind stealer Boosts it a lot while hunting. so wouldnt it be fair of Libila priests could also cast it?

MS won't create a gap because there's a cap on it, but this thread isn't about suggestions to Mindstealer.

This thread is about thievery and body control. 40 bc can be very hard for some people to reach.

You'd have to do days, hours, weeks, possibly MONTHS of hunting to get 40 body control with Mind Stealer.  .02 seems like a lot, but that's random to get.  You could steal stamina, strength, soul strength, weaponless fighting.  Not just Body Control.  It's not a promised thing to get Body Control.  It takes a lot of time.  The gap is nowhere relatable to what lockpicking exploiters received. 

Not everyone can cast MS or acquire a weapon with it.

Not really true at all, I was BL when I got one.  They're also for sale on merchants I seen.  This is the point of religion, each god has different spells.  WL can't cast RT, so should we give them RT too?  Probably not, no.

The cap seems to be 40, afaik. and most of the hots players and the newer players do have trouble getting to 40 Body control and arent even near it.

Mind stealer Boosts it a lot while hunting. so wouldnt it be fair of Libila priests could also cast it?

Your BL go kill WLers to get some. Or buy them.

Wait, you already have them.

Honestly ive gotten more body control from MS then anything else ;P im only at 27 its what i get for priesting the first week i guess ;/

so wouldnt it be fair of Libila priests could also cast it?

When has BLer's ever cared about being fair? they kill each other in their own kingdom, they all have the same faith, they can eat dirt, and they can raise dead creatures/zombies pets with zero (0) animal husbandry and taming.

When has BLer's ever cared about being fair? they kill each other in their own kingdom, they all have the same faith, they can eat dirt, and they can raise dead creatures/zombies pets with zero (0) animal husbandry and taming.

we can't eat dirt D:, also libila priests can't tame like magranon/fo can , i believe.

Maybe it's worth mentioning one more time that there was in fact no exploiting, and saying any of us were exploiting is not only wrong, it's also against the forum rules.

The methods were simple and are described before. It involved just stealing or lockpicking on an enemy deed. There is nothing special attached to it, you lockpick in a more risky environment or you steal on an enemy deed, you gain the appropiate skills. There's no secret bug or glitch, and the skill gains you got were obviously no mistake but rather intended.

You can argue that people are not supposed to gain it in this way, which sounds plausible until you know we actually asked if we were allowed to do this (in fact, rolf mentions this in his last post). Next thing that happens is people get nerfed without any form of warning. (in answer to Norad's question)

What is also important here about some people here, is that after the first LP nerfs, most people did not give a damn compared to what is happening now. Some were informed on who exactly was nerfed, some had an idea, we were all friends.

Now DS and I believe most of Purgatory left to make their PMK which was before the most recent nerfs. After they left, there was some drama unrelated to this, which resulted into them becoming our enemies.

This is all relevant, because now that they are our enemies, they are doing their very best to get people from here nerfed as much as they possibly can. They are trying to make Black Summit look like a horrible deed, because that's what trolls do

I won't say anything more about it, if you want to know something, pm me or something. I just hope the forum moderators and GMs will remove the inappropriate posts so this thread becomes less drama and more of a meaningful discussion

This is all relevant, because now that they are our enemies, they are doing their very best to get people from here nerfed as much as they possibly can. They are trying to make Black Summit look like a horrible deed, because that's what trolls do

Yes, we can all see you're clearly more mature.  ::)

Rolf worded it as a borderline exploit, so it was an exploit.  I'll forever continue to call it just that. 

You take things too personally, if it was people within my own village I'd still press for a harsher punishment.  Simply because you're another kingdom doesn't effect my opinion that it's a heavy exploit that was abused, not a "borderline" one.  To merely be left at 30 is a treat, not a punishment.  I believe I know some the other abusers of this bug from BLH - and despite them being friends I still think they need to be punished more harshly.  The conditions of the skillgain boost were mimicked and taken advantage of knowingly the gains were significantly faster - that's the simplest truth of it.  But I also advocate that names be released because it's rather rude to label a kingdom instead of single players, it unfairly and wrongly gives the idea and rumors that others may be guilty when they are not.  It's not about kingdoms.  It's not about the enemies.  It's about what skills the players have and how they were unfairly gained. 

I don't think Rolf is going to go back and make the punishment more severe despite what I write and think.  I'm just one person, but I do think it's a shame we had a server with a clean start and already now there's a huge WoO that passed and (in my opinion) Rolf doesn't really fix that.  The gap is much too big, and this should been a stricter servers with rollbacks to certain players who did abuse.  It's just a bit upsetting to see flashbacks of Wild on a new server that was meant to be an improved one. 

As Norad stated this is a mirror example of what happened on Wild.  It's the EXACT same thing, yet the punishments are clearly different. 

If names are listed for this 'exploit', then they should be listed for ALL the exploits.  Even the ones from the past.  I'm sure that wouldn't bother the honest players because their names wouldn't be listed.  As some have said before when their hands were caught in the cookie jar, but he said it was ok so it must have been ok.  No it wasn't ok then it isn't ok now.  Does everyone that has lived in the shadows wish their names to be listed as an exploiter?  Why do I think that answer is going to be no.