Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Body Control levelled on Elevation server

Why not let Rolf deal with this vrs everyone being so self righteous, pointing fingers, accusing, making witchhunts etc., while I agree wrong doing was done, every wannabe dev that posts in this thread from thier high horse is borderline funny, I'm not sure if the game tracks skillgain but that would seem a good place to start, if not might be something to implement, if can crosscheck the accounts with high lockpicking or stealing, check skill gain by session and adjust as needed.

If account B has 90 Stealing, check to see when the skill was gained and in what amounts.

54 stealing, 24 thievery, done on a pre-existing deed of foreign control, so both of your reasoning's are not relevant. If you're going to bother to respond, you should read what I write and not try to twist my records.

I did not drop a deed, I did not put things on the deed I used to steal, I butchered the corpses that were killed by the guard and stole the products in a manner that seemed appropriate to the skill. If that is not how the skill was intended, again, I would make no complaint, remove my gains, but don't put me under a blanket with people who used it to gain 99 stealing and tons of body stats, I didn't even realize I was gaining characteristics when I was doing it. I can take the body control hit, I lost a little less than a point, which is surely more than I earned when you look at my gains and the level I was at when I gained them compared to the level it was taken from, but the reduction of mind logic, mind, and body 3 months after the fact to levels I was at then is highly inappropriate. Rolf didn't want to put the effort in to test the system before and he doesn't want to put the effort in now to handle these cases appropriately. That is not my fault, that is his.

i would like to note i offered rolf assistance with bug checking.

I don't know your case, but I know of others

As I said I don't know everything and every specific detail of the events

but from what I saw on Elevation I

If you're going to bother to respond, you should read what I write and not try to twist my records.

Woah, crazy!  It's almost like I stated I didn't know your case because I don't know you, only ones I saw on Elevation which were obvious.  I didn't accuse you of dropping a deed, I am saying that's what SOME did on Elevation.  Take your own advice and read before you respond. 

Your response was in response to my post, which I clearly stated my situation. You have made your opinion quite clear, surely you weren't just restating it for the hell of it?

If you gain that much skill that fast up into the 90s in a game designed to make 90 + skill in anything the greatest work of you life, you have to see something is wrong.

I don't know your case, but I know of others and the matter of how they did it (by needing to plant an entire other deed) is obviously a sign that you're using some sort of loophole in the system to replicate "risks" to get boosts.

Hint: an allied deed is a requirement to level stealing.

Also, the fact it was planted wasnt the issue in the slightest, permission was granted for that.

The speed at which skill was gained was the issue.

[23:48:35] Body increased  to 31

[01:29:26] Body increased  to 32

lol less than 2 hours. That takes a week doing normal skills. Seems fair  :o

[23:48:35] Body increased  to 31

[01:29:26] Body increased  to 32

lol less than 2 hours. That takes a week doing normal skills. Seems fair  :o

[/quote

not true on epic it can be done in a few hours of mining with a good shovel ;) but it is faster yes

There is something seriously messed up with Epic skillgain then, its only supposed to be 2x compared to Freedom cluster.

If I mine a whole day (12 hours) I get maybe 0,10-0,15 body, but on epic you can get a whole point in a few hours?

There is something seriously messed up with Epic skillgain then, its only supposed to be 2x compared to Freedom cluster.

If I mine a whole day (12 hours) I get maybe 0,10-0,15 body, but on epic you can get a whole point in a few hours?

epic is alot quicker to turn round and get pvp ready it works very effectively and shouldn't change much

no you cant, no matter what you do. it's expoiters rationalising their gain. Epic is 2x gain indeed. But ofcourse with low body stat, gain is faster, don't know how much you have. The exploited gain I singled out is easily 20x faster than any other gain on epic.

Wild v2.0, jolly good chaps.

From sounds of it Rolf reverted a lot of their stats, some that claim "too much" so I think the punishment fixed the gap. 

We are The Horde.

We lie, cheat, steal, destroy, and pillage.

We take every advantage we can, whether fair or not, because we will win at any cost.

We were discovered, we were punished.

Our rage seethes, and this atrocity against Libila's followers will be avenged.

We are the things that lurk in the night.

We will wash over you like a flood.

Your flesh is sweet, and will be a fine sacrifice to the Goddess.

We know where you are.

We will have our vengeance.

We are The Horde.

...Yeah, the lore doesn't mean BL is allowed to exploit, fyi. 

Seems like other characteristics than body control were gained doing this.

those were nerfed too.

lol at rolf complaining about a no-win situation.  its a situation you've put yourself in with previous judgments in the past.  all you have to do is be consistent with punishment but that seems to be difficult for reasons unknowable to me.

...Yeah, the lore doesn't mean BL is allowed to exploit, fyi.

Fear us weakling.

lol at rolf complaining about a no-win situation.  its a situation you've put yourself in with previous judgments in the past.  all you have to do is be consistent with punishment but that seems to be difficult for reasons unknowable to me.

really? it's simple...

MONEY permaban is  a bad business model :P almost as bad as perma death :P

The only reason i was interested in Epic was because i thought there would be stat resets, i mean it supposed to be that easy to skill up it wouldn't matter if you lose you 90 carpentry, you're just as good at 70 skill anyway. Sure you can say "well on the other hand, it is easy to level up so it doesn't need stat resets" - Well then you just get these situations.

I love Wurm, but i have played long enough that 'Windows of Opportunity' happen more times than i can remember so periodtic skill resets would ease most of the arguing between players and their stat nerfs, because at the end of the year or whatever everybody would be hit with the same nerf stick. Only when Wurm is ultimately complete, can i see no reason for skill resets. I imagine when Wurm is well and truely finished, and the main code is fully bug ridden, any future updates would hopefully go through more testing before placed ingame, to catch any skillgain exploits.

Seeing as skills tie with characteristics it's very hard to work out how much characteristics need to be reduced, and we all value characteristics more than our main stats so people get angry. I'm not sure what it says in the rules, but maybe it should state in clear red bold, if you are caught exploiting you will be banned, if on the odd occasion where a exploit is known and isn't fixed your stats will be reduced to what the devs think are suitable, period.

Maybe use that warning system that was put in...

[11:43:22] <Player> has played <#> days, <#> hours and <#> minutes and received 0 warnings. <Player> has never been warned before.

This is rarely used afaik.

I'm sure everyone on Epic rests easy knowing I can't queue 4 actions anymore!

*slow clap*

Balance has been restored.