Sign in to follow this  
Father

Epic PvP

The new reputation implementation is really bad, people cannot defend their own property without becoming outlaw.

We have people running around on JKH bashing fences/mine doors, stealing livestock and anything that is not in the house and they get no penalty!

Hours and days of our time spend in Wurm gets taken from us just like that without giving us a fair chance to defend our property...

Please add mine doors and fences to reputation loss or remove rep loss all the way like Hots.

Reputation system was tweaked and now it seems fairly balanced so there is no mindless killings of same kingdom, while you can still protect what you own, Thank you Rolf!  :D

I agree, too many times players have converted to BL for trying to protect their area from thieves and players intent on causing grief to others, I've suffered reputation loss myself from trying to protect others from being killed by a couple of newly spawned players who just attacked people at random, even when one was outlaw i still lost 135 reputation at one point, simply from hitting them twice and leaving them on dying status

I agree that there must be some system in place to prevent new players being killed at random by more experience players, however the present implementation is actually worse, since it allows people to break into others areas to take stuff, kill animals and harvest crops, without anyone being able to do anything to prevent it from fear of losing too much reputation.

It's bad enough for the Premium player, since if we get converted we simply end up on elevation, however for free players, it is equivalent to permadeath, since without premium they have no access to that character anymore.

It really is ridiculous, like it was said, many players are just defending themselves from people stealing their things and bashing down walls and suddenly they become HoTS, there may be a way to have a rep system but the current one is not good at all.

I also agree to this.  A group of new players in my area literally sat and watched while a grifer stood directly infront of them ,taunted them, and took everything and anything he could, along with killing their livestock.  This current system of reputation hits was put in with good intention,but it turned home servers other than Affliction into virtual theif parties.  I understand that the game "is a sandbox game, you can play however you want" but you CAN'T! You CAN'T defend yourself if people choose to "choose the sandbox way to play" and become a thief and crook, you simply have to sit there and take it or attack him and have him hit you back with about a 90% chance of you rep converting. We need a new system, or I please URGE you to impliment the Affliction version of this, and you can kill anyone without a reputation hit. PLEASE change this.

This is a double edged sword, on one hand I understand how the reputation helps prevent civil wars in a lawful kingdom, but it also accidently fools new players.  I would bet you the wide majority of people who've reached -200 reputation and have gone Blacklight was on accident, from either trying to steal something, lockpick, or attacking a thief.  Unknowing to them the punishment is so severe that it turned them HotS, and they were likely killed right away.  At which point they can ONLY respawn on Elevation, which is premium only.

The system wasn't a bad idea on paper, but many innocent noobies I've seen on JKH fall victim to it.  I also sadly seen players purposefully tricked into attacking others just to become HotS.  It is indeed sad to see that, but the system has its flaws that need reworking. 

It's weird because the offenders are doing the havoc and griefing aren't punished, yet the defenders are.  It seems very backwards.  Isn't this a sandbox game?  Shouldn't players have their allowance to kill others despite their kingdom?  In my opinion yes, but not excessively. 

I agree with this.  I have seen this happen time and again on Serenity.  I believe the reputation change was put in to protect new players from being greifed by outlaw-ish types.  There were some that made sport of it.  However,  there are very frustrating unintended consequences.  The inability to protect your land from both sorts of threat, foreign or domestic, is just completely unnatural on a PvP server.

I suggested elsewhere in the past, that new players be given 24 hours immunity to PvP damage.  Similar to the 24 free food and light that they get. If a new player chooses to attack another player, or violates deed rules then he forfeits the remaining immunity time he/she had.

I hope that something can be done about this that is fair and addresses the concerns on both sides of the issue.

Agree 100%

The current system is ridiculous; while it does give some sense of retribution to enable people to kill outlaws without reputation penalty (lol most of the time), its punishments are far too strict. 

The fact that if you accidently (by a mistake on your part, the game's part, or a combination) lose reputation to the point of -200, you become blacklighter with no hope of converting back to JK for a MONTH?!  What's the point of even having an outlaw status when you just get sent BL if you become "too" much of an outlaw?  I mean, if a person commits a "crime" (attacking someone without provocation, lockpicking a house or stealing things from deed, etc.) they lose reputation, and if they lose enough, they are attacked by kingdom guards and can be killed freely by other players.  Is this not the punishment?  Sure, a degree of roleplaying is involved, but the Blacklighters are simply another kingdom, and being transferred from one kingdom to another because your reputation got too low just seems ridiculous (and the fact that you have to wait a whole month just to convert back, if you haven't quit the game already).

Just my take on it.

If people attack me I should have the right to clock them, kill them and feed them to my pigs if I want to. However, please note; most of us, are level-headed individuals who aren't going to attack someone for making an innocent mistake. Take the other day for instance I rushed through a broken wall to help heal injured people and was attacked because they thought I was the attacker. I was able to retaliate but I didn't because I realized that they had made a mistake due to panic. So I just calmed them down and patched him up and went on my merry little way.

However, due to the fact that JKH is so polluted with spies and griefers we NEED the ability to protect ourselves. More importantly the amount of people rolling alts just to troll in JKH would drop significantly because they would feel the might of Jenn Kellonian justice instantly. If people want to cause problems over on JKH they need to grow a pair and come over here themselves.

But I digress.... the rep system is broken.

I just want to ride unicorns with my friends into the sunset. :D

The problem here is that stealing from your own kingdom doesnt hurt your reputation. But I guess it's impossible to do that because fences and mine doors arent kingdom specific?

Jud it's not only that it's that people make alts and get them to premium then come smash fences and other stuff, knowing good and well we can't do anything back to them. 

A thief came onto my land, and because I did not have a deed he could do whatever he liked. I eventually chose to kill him after he continuously taunted me about how helpless i was. Straight down to -40 rep for protecting my land.

I emailed Rolf of this exact problem.  While his communications will remain private he intoned that no drastic shift in JK rules were in the works.  JKs boon, and now its curse, is peace and tranquility (at any cost). The solution, I was told, make your deed area larger.  Other kingdoms do not have THIS problem they have other problems, but none of them will drive them from the server they are on should they choose to fight and kill for whatever it is irks them.  We do not have civil court so your neighbor can piss on your lawn all day, no law enforcement to stop him.  If you go out and stop him - you turn into a criminal.  Are you at fault or is it the lack of law enforcement that is to blame? Philosophy aside it just becomes - not fun.  How can I even attempt to run a village under these arbitrary rules.  We have about 30 people in blutopia and that pulls ire and griefers. 

Blutopia never was intended to be a normal village - it was a collection point more than a - do what I say - operation.

Blutopia has taken measures to prevents this from ruining our gameplay. 

Good of Rolf. Jk and Mr arent supposed to be killing inside their kingdom. What I forgot about untill now, is that griefing really isnt possible, just add the suspects to your KOS list and the problem is solved.

Griefing is always possible. Many other nerfs went in play to stop griefing but then you add this golden protection for them, makes no sense.

It's broken. Too many times the person defending themselves becomes the outlaw.  It's ridiculous really.  A terrible injustice upon honorable people just trying to protect their own hard work and progress.

You cant steal or destroy stuff on deed if you're KOS, so that's not a problem. As long as you dont attack them you're not gonna be converted, so that's not a problem either. I dont know what people are going on about, seems like they just wanna kill noobs in their own kingdom that are hanging around.

You cant steal or destroy stuff on deed if you're KOS, so that's not a problem. As long as you dont attack them you're not gonna be converted, so that's not a problem either. I dont know what people are going on about, seems like they just wanna kill noobs in their own kingdom that are hanging around.

First of all, most people don't have deeds.

Second even if you have a deed, you mine, nearby forest,neighbors etc.. most likely not protected.

So lets say you have a gold mine near by that you spend 10-15 hours creating but its not a part of your deed because you chose to settle by iron. A person comes by destroys your mine door takes anything you stored in there digs the floor and makes it unusable for you...

Or you planted oak and willow trees and someone chops them down just for fun? or any near by woods for woodcutting training or just to piss you off?

You cannot defend yourself without getting penalized, people just want to defend their property that's all.

Hots able to kill their own if they choose to.. I played with F2p there and haven't seen any senseless killing, so why cant we be in charge of our own justice system?

It's broken. Too many times the person defending themselves becomes the outlaw.  It's ridiculous really.  A terrible injustice upon honorable people just trying to protect their own hard work and progress.

Ok, so they attacked someone else first or did the other person attack them?  Supposedly it was changed so that someone else can attack back and not get negative rating.  So is this more about people doing things around players area's and them attacking that person and getting a negative rating?

Just yesterday two people complained about being hit first in a fight and becoming outlaws. So I'm guessing there are ways to make it glitch. I personally haven't experienced this.

However, if traps worked indiscriminately, this wouldn't be a problem.

The new reputation implementation is really bad, people cannot defend their own property without becoming outlaw.

We have people running around on JKH bashing fences/mine doors, stealing livestock and anything that is not in the house and they get no penalty!

Hours and days of our time spend in Wurm gets taken from us just like that without giving us a fair chance to defend our property...

Please add mine doors and fences to reputation loss or remove rep loss all the way like Hots.

Thank you, This is bad for us MRH guys also, At glitter yesterday, 3 noobs were stealing and attacking a new player, we had to slay them when they attacked us out of self defence, but we took rep hits!

Please remove reputations all togeater, its seriously annoying

How are we supposed to serve and protect if its frowned upon by the game?

Reputation hits for attacking and killing have been tweaked since it caused reversed grief.

This applies to PvP servers where you can attack eachother. You now take 20 rep hit when killing same kingdom (unless on deed, or duelling etc) so you can deal with griefers a few times. On the other hand it should be fairly slow business hunting newbies for griefers.

If you attack someone out of the blue you get stamped as Hunted for half an hour which means anyone can kill you without penalty. This stays over respawn.

The permanent solution is always to purchase the land you claim. On non-homeservers (Elevation) there is no penalty at all.

( Thanks for this, it presents a reasonable compromise for both sides of the coin, newbies receive some protection from griefers, and more experienced players can 'Serve and Protect' for those in need of it ).