Sign in to follow this  
Mojo

Horse's Nose Bag

Nose-Bag.jpg

As a Blacklighter, we take over areas with our towers/altars.  This has its obvious positives (mycelium/influence) and negatives (no forage/botanize/harvest).  When I'm out hunting in HoTS territory and forget to bring those extra seeds, my speed suffers because of my horse's hunger.

In my horse pens on deed currently, Its hard to keep horses fed because they kill the field tiles they graze on. I tried to cultivate and make grass for these horses, but the upkeep was too much.  If this is added, we could have horses on any tile still feeding! (Which I think is awesome)

Creation Material:

Needle + Leather (2.0kg) = Nose Bag

Big need for this in HotS; though, useful for WLers as well.

So, a bag to attach to a horse similar to a bridle, and holds maybe a max of like 20 grains or something?  Perhaps with slowed decay?

+1 ql could determine how long it would feed for before needing to be refilled

This would be ok if the animal was slowed while wearing it.  For an analogy let me put a mask over your face and see if you can breath ok.  Those types of feed bags are used only to feed animals (not while riding on the horse) if you would like for some method of how horses work in real life let them eat while being ridden.  My horses always ate grass / whatever they could get near and whatever I would let them eat.

+1, I know the thread is old, but since I took time to search for existence of the same idea I wanted to post I think it may be revived. So, still feed bags are something players would like to have. This would be a new tailoring item, requiring for instance one satchel and same leather reins as the bridle needs. This could work with hitched animal or one that doesn't move (stopped cart or wearing saddle andnot allowing to move again until taken off). Such thing would really help with carts stopped on paved areas or horses in pens packing up all tiles.