Sign in to follow this  
Xandra

Riding backwards at 1/3 speed

Hi,

you might have noticed:

Mounted movement backwards is now done at 1/3 speed

Tried, it's quite slow now riding backwards, or turning.

I'm not happy about, and it certainly will not add to my gaming experience. What do you think?

Have fun?

Better for PvP.

Possibly. 

Horses backing up should include a 'beep beep beep' sound.

I'd predict almost all PvP mounted engagements would then be preceded by a cacophony of beeps as all parties carefully backed their horses into position in preparation for a fast get away.

Glad the change was made though.  1/3 means a fast unmounted person can outrun a backing horse.

Happy this was implemented,as this will solve some complaints/problems

though i find 1/3 is a bit to much i would have thought 1/2.

this in no way benefits me but i like it cause of the realism and as i said before it solves several complaints/problems.

Hi,

have tested my racing cow. The faster turning is very nice, helps a bit. Still not really happy, better turning & fast backward moving would have been a gift. But I assume some vocal guy in PvP got his butt kicked again ...

Have fun! And enjoy your roundabout cows now ;-)))

PS: Separate code for PvP and PvE, please, finally!

Hi,

have tested my racing cow. The faster turning is very nice, helps a bit. Still not really happy, better turning & fast backward moving would have been a gift. But I assume some vocal guy in PvP got his butt kicked again ...

Have fun! And enjoy your roundabout cows now ;-)))

PS: Separate code for PvP and PvE, please, finally!

Asking for horses to back up slower has been going on for awhile now.  Sucks rolf doesnt code around cow racing but thems the breaks.

I don't really understand if you do racing why you'd go backwards anyway? 

Realistic or not, better for PvP or not, it's been mostly annoying.  And this new crazy turning speed lolwat.  I end up doing a 180 before I realize the horse turned at all.

PvP is just a small portion of Wurm, I think this needs to be reversed immediately, because this is not cool at all.

Yar Har Fiddle Dee Dee

---Doom

if its an update for pvp, why do we need it on freedom?  remove it from freedom

The turning realllly needs to be toned down, you even hold A or D key and you'll spin 180 degrees in a second, driving in a narrow around is nearly impossible now.  It's like your horse is drunk or something. 

I find the turning too touchy now and wind up going left,right,left,right,left etc just to try and go straight after a slight turn. Since it now takes maybe a half a second to turn on a dime what is the point of making reverse slow? Dont really see how this is gonna change in PVP since its now just a matter of spin a 180 and zoom off, wont take long till people master the key movement for it. I just turned my cart 360 and did it within 1 tile. With the old turning radius I could see how it might change PVP.

Well, I like the turning speeds, but it's really annoying when there is even the tiniest bit of lag

The problem is that the graphic does not keep up with the direction, and when you turn without moving the graphic doesn't even react at all.

This throws off your perception and thus your control of the action.

The turning is a bit sensitive but I'm getting used to it already, the rest of you will too it is just seeming pretty bad because we have gone from one end of the scale to the other.

I'm not too bothered about horses going slower backwards, with the increased turning speed you can just 180 and head off normally in a fraction of a second.

All in all I like the change although toning down the turning speed a little wouldn't hurt.

I got used to it in a minute or two.  That said I could see the turning speed tuned back a little and still be enough.  I just really don't want back up speed changed back to normal.  Maybe make a toggle for turning speed between certain amounts.

How about A and D use the old, slower turning speed and Q and E a faster one? That way you can still have precision control galloping through an olive grove, and make a quick getaway the moment you see an enemy player.

Unless anyone consistently uses Q and E to turn the camera.

How about A and D use the old, slower turning speed and Q and E a faster one? That way you can still have precision control galloping through an olive grove, and make a quick getaway the moment you see an enemy player.

I do, need to turn like that while using the mouse to look for hidden fs in the trees >.>

But that's an interesting idea nonetheless.

I do, need to turn like that while using the mouse to look for hidden fs in the trees >.>

But that's an interesting idea nonetheless.

Hmm maybe shift+A/D to turn quickly then? Feels natural enough for my trained FPS fingers, at least. ;D

just because you play on freedom doesn't make you special.

yeah i know but the people on epic arent better than freedomers so why do they get favor when we are equal?

get rid of it!, Suppose to add to wurm, Not make things even more complicated! miss how it was last night, good turning, speeds :-(. No use for the horse's or Large Cart now.

Definitely feels like the speeds have changed to the extremes. 

My Suggestions:

1) Make Turning Speeds 1/2 of what they are now

2) Make Reverse 2/3 of forward speed