Sign in to follow this  
Torun

Swimming to Delverence from Chaos

I used to play WURM long ago, and am giving it another try. My character appeared on the Chaos server, with zero skills. Though Chaos look like it could be interesting, it doesn't seem a good place for someone with no fight skills or equipment. I want to get to Deliverance. Anyone here done the round trip? Is it feasible to swim from the Landing to the East border of Chaos. I'm thinking its a long way from the Deliverance border to land, but I could suicide to get there once I am on the right server.

I haven't done that particular swim, but every other server I've tried it on has been doable with an empty inventory. I don't know how the scale of Chaos effect the amount of water you need to paddle, but I imagine it's possible.

Whatever happens, good luck and watch for bearsharks!

Torun, I don't have an answer about swiming from Chaos to Deliverance; but since your character has no skills or equipment, why not just create another character, go through the tutorial and take the portal from there directly to Deliverance?

=Ayes=

I might do that in the end Ayes. But the one thing that survived from my last log on was a small stash of silver. Plus I am rather attached to the old name. I may stick around on Chaos long enough to at least make a compass to make sure I am swimming in the right direction.

Personally i doubt you make it halfway to Chaos' border, but go ahead and prove me wrong :)

Mailing should be possible from Chaos to Deli if you want to keep your silver. Whatever you do don't take it swimming though!  ;D

Highly unlikely for anyone not capable of refreshes, whether it be via Fo or paths.

Thanks Xallo, I noticed that. I will give it a try. If not, I did run a new character through the tutorial to Deliverance if needed.

One of the things I used to like about Wurm is that you could do crazy stuff if you thought about it, and put in some time. The suggestion that getting my old character back to Deliverance could be difficult inspires me to try harder. My odd idea of fun.

Made it to Deliverance. (and learned how to spell it). Took 3 stamina bars to get to the Chaos border, and 2 more to make it to shore. Not too bad, about one real day.

Now to get my skills up. Not sure if to go the solo route for a while, or try out one of the villages that are recruiting.

Glad to be back in WURM.

Highly unlikely for anyone not capable of refreshes, whether it be via Fo or paths.

Seems a lot of people forgot about the recent "bugfix".

Run out of stamina while swimming? Log out for 6 hours and you'll be full again.

Well done Torun! That showed a lot of determination to keep that account playable on Deliverance. I think you will enjoy the server as there is a lot of variation to the environment and there are plenty of free small spots to settle in not far from Green Dog, as well as larger areas to make small sized deed nearby as well.

=Ayes=

*tips hat* well done!

If you decide to stay in a village for a while feel free to come back to Tristan :)

Grats. :)

I am afraid we are not recruiting (guild based deeds) but If you need any food or anything to get you going I am the mayor of Fippy's harbour on the west coast of Deli, I always have some food around. Anyone working on my deed can get you some if you need it.

There's a coastal deed for sale to our south (sign on coast and post on forum). Also still plenty of land around nearby or elsewhere on Deliverance. :)

Today there was a guy swimming from deli and ended up on my island on chaos

I swim alts naked between Deli and Chaos and back all the time. With plenty of stamina to spare. Although once I tried it with full chain on my main. I only barely crossed the border. I would have logged out for the 6 hours to regain full stamina, but an alt bringing me a boat was much faster.  ;D