Sign in to follow this  
BobMcKnob

R.E.A.P.

From the wiki:

An enchanted tree is a tree or bush which has been altered by the Meditation Path of Love ability 'Enchant'. It is unknown if they have any special properties. They cannot be cut down, as the option to do so does not appear when right-clicked with an axe activated. They can grow and form sprouts, but the sprout cannot be picked.

So they do grow sprouts, they just can't be affected.

So they do grow sprouts, they just can't be affected.

wishing i had an enchant grass character currently. i'd donate a cast or two.

if anyone feels like donating a grass enchant ability on a tree, i know i'd appreciate it, as it would allow for a forest to perpetually spawn around esert :)

This reminds me, after more kchat conversation....

maybe instead of enchant, we should wild growth all the trees, I mean, with 50 ql walls, a once a week repair will be more than enough.

OP was last updated on the 7th and there was a lot of discussion after that on changing the date.

So is it definately the 19th?

And my toon on Exodus is a n00b, is there a good place to go and skill up gardening and forestry prior to "the date". (near Esert)

If you head north to the forests east of Mount Tundra then there are loads of trees there :)

If you head north to the forests east of Mount Tundra then there are loads of trees there :)

Thanks

ok My town of Boppingtonville is trying to get at least 100 oak sprouts for the replanting as well as a few hundred of other tree types if we can. We will also bring a Fo to help wild growth. If someone would be willing to make a FO alter there and donate some 50+ QL locks for sacrificing then we can get any other FO to help cast wild growth and grow the forest in real fast. If the Enchanted tree thing works enchant a few of the oaks and they will repopulate the area as well.

I think we'll try to start to the contest around 3:00 PM EST

Hope to see you all soon.

Progress on R.E.A.P.:

There isn't much activity yet. Seems like i am almost the only one planting sprouts :/

Nevertheless: Planted around 360 sprouts already, 300 more to go. Some Impressions:

wurm.20120219.2025p3khb.jpg

wurm.20120219.204972kp0.jpg

wurm.20120219.2110s9kpp.jpg

okay that's it for me. i've done my job and after around 650 sprouts my wrist is getting angry :D

we had some new players around there who already started to collect wood scraps from young trees :/

we will see if this event will change anything.

Here are some mor pics from the west side of esert:

wurm.20120219.2225lqa9v.jpg wurm.20120219.2235eyytg.jpg wurm.20120219.2236hladi.jpg

I planted around 250 sprouts this morning around Esert myself. To the north of the lake.  If the noobs would only pay attention when they are cutting we can maybe get something started.

I planted about 100 sprouts today... and I was very impressed with all the sprouts in the area. If even just half of them survive it'll be a vast improvement.  8)

I arrived late and worked the space left close to the southern deed border.  Someone(s) had already done good work further out, and there were saplings all over the place, South, West, and North.  Fo's heart must surely be warmed by the sight.

REAP was a big success.

- Teggs

I only started playing Wurm on Wednesday, so I was excited to take part in such an important activity. I am very happy to have a sickle now, and it has seen use beyond the 100 or so saplings I planted for R.E.A.P. Here's hoping a good chunk of the trees make it to maturity!  /fingers-crossed

I didn't get to contribute myself as many ppl's sunday was my monday, but as local I was so impressed with all the effort that has gone into this! So many trees planted in nice  dispersion, it'll be a joy to walk amongst them as they grow.

Exodus has a great community!

Planted about 200 sprouts and cast a few Wild Growth spells, I will drop by from time to time and cast a few more.

yea was a really cool event :)

guess we have to repeat this someday :P

yea was a really cool event :)

guess we have to repeat this someday :P

You should all take to the road *cough*Greendog*cough*

A wonderful, and rather successful, project. I think you all did amazing work. I'll try to get back up there later today or tomorrow and take some more pics. And if we need to do it again, can't hurt to save up those sprouts just in case.

if you really want to make a difference, you can found deeds and there is an option to allow the cutting of old trees only. Disallow the planting of new sprouts - forestry - becuase it also allows cutting young trees.

Even a smaller sized deed with no guards, such as a 20x20 would host 400 trees, and barely cost anything upkeep wise :)