Sign in to follow this  
skyefox

New to Wurm but Looking Ahead

Hello everyone  :)

I have just started to play and looking into the future I'm wondering where I might find a patch of undeeded land on the Independence server.

For now, I'm going to practice my skills in cooking and carpentry, with the intent of slowly moving my 'camp' to an area where I can settle down.

I downloaded the Jan 2012 map dump of Independence and there appears to be areas in the northern part west of Colossus Lake along the road that runs between the lake and Inner Sea.

Does anyone know if there is much undeeded land there?

The only other spot that looks quite empty is south of Devils Horn.  Any information on that area??

Thanks

naturally the southern coast will have more deeds

trying looking middle/northeast areas, i found lots of unsettles land there before (near the grand steppe/eastern plains area) when i played freedom, and that was a while ago, no doubt it's emptier now

anyways, this map has many deeds

http://map.pheonix-enterprises.com/Independence.png

most of these are gone and just not updated, though

If you're on Independence, keep in mind that once the new servers opened a few months ago, and quite a few players moved down to the other Freedom servers. There are certainly deeds marked on the map that are actually no longer there. In general, the farther away from The Howl you are, the better chance that you'll find open space.

You may want to look east of Colossus Lake as well - I know of at least three deeds in that area that no longer exist.

Thanks guys.  I checked out the map and I think there are more deeds than shown there :(  Anyway, I'll see what I turn up in the days to come.

As of two months ago, the closer you got to the Grand Steppe from FM the emptier it got. You should have no problem finding a spot to deed and call home.

I see new deeds being placed and old deeds disbanding every day, its really hard to keep track unless you go there and look around.

My brother Radagast spent almost an entire week exploring the Grand Steppe last November (and some of the areas around there). By the time I got to the Steppe, I rarely saw anyone in local.