Sign in to follow this  
BrQQQ

Remove the CR nerf on home servers

A CR nerf for enemies was great when the home servers were still weak and outnumbered. This is not the case anymore.

The JKH is very populated for example. ([23:41:42] 113 other players are online. (770 totally in Wurm) today)

Definite +1, they also have the organisation now to gather up and attack when necessary. There's no real reason for this nerf anymore  :)

affliction and desolation dont have these numbers,  would be unfair to remove it just because the server you choose to attack has started fighting back, i wont agree until people start going over and not getting any kills at all tbh, ive been protesting for now home servers and cr nerf taken away for so long and nothing happened but i dont really mind it anymore since i dont bother going over there

ive been protesting for now home servers and cr nerf taken away for so long and nothing happened but i dont really mind it anymore since i dont bother going over there

I think this is all anyone needs to pick out of that post.

affliction and desolation dont have these numbers,  would be unfair to remove it just because the server you choose to attack has started fighting back, i wont agree until people start going over and not getting any kills at all tbh, ive been protesting for now home servers and cr nerf taken away for so long and nothing happened but i dont really mind it anymore since i dont bother going over there

Desolation is a deed and affliction is hardly raided from what I know, and they have many good fighters among them. Both have had a long time to come up with some fighters and they have come up with fighters which is exactly why we don't need the nerf anymore.

Its encouraging them to NOT pvp. Why go out if it comes to you and is made easy?

To clarify why:

Untill a home server begins being offensive, they can keep their CR and boost up their numbers.

The internal structure of the home servers were smashed into tiny pieces in the past, i think we can give them a bit more time to organize themself and create connections between themself.

I'd like to see competition from JKH and the other home servers in the future, rather than crushing their newly found morale and fighting spirit.

They are not ready to stand on their own yet.

just because i choose not to go there doesnt mean i think the cr nerf should be taken away, it shouldnt until they start to come over to pvp as intended, just stop going there if you dont like it guys

To clarify why:

Untill a home server begins being offensive, they can keep their CR and boost up their numbers.

The internal structure of the home servers were smashed into tiny pieces in the past, i think we can give them a bit more time to organize themself and create connections between themself.

I'd like to see competition from JKH and the other home servers in the future, rather than crushing their newly found morale and fighting spirit.

They are not ready to stand on their own yet.

Getting their deeds smashed doesn't have a lot to do with it though. It's more because either there's just a few knarrs full of enemies or because home server fighters can simply not be at the right place at the right time. Months of waiting is not going to change that

Do not remove CR nerf on the homeservers.  If the homeservers were constantly raiding, it would be a different story.  However, they are not.  Just because no one wants to pvp on the elevation server against 25 people doesn't mean you need to have newbies to pick on. 

Do not remove CR nerf on the homeservers.  If the homeservers were constantly raiding, it would be a different story.  However, they are not.  Just because no one wants to pvp on the elevation server against 25 people doesn't mean you need to have newbies to pick on.

This nothing to do with newbies, with or without a cr nerf, newbies will still be killed if they are attacked.

Why would home servers come out to raid others, there is no elevation deed they can attack. If they were looking for actual pvp, they wouldn't be on the home server in the first place.

This would kill JKH for sure, it's much too early to be considering this.

Remove it from Affliction sure, It's a small server that can respond quickly

This would kill JKH for sure, it's much too early to be considering this.

Remove it from Affliction sure, as HOTS has numbers.

HoTS has numbers? There's around 100 people online on JKh Serenity right now, and about 14 on BLh. I don't think JK are in any trouble of dying out right now.

all sides have numbers now. JKH has enough fighters, but it's not possible for them to show up everywhere at anytime. It is not true that home server guys don't have enough men to defend their places, which is why I suggest the CR nerf.

I can honestly say as a home server player. They should just go ahead and remove the CR nerf. It really does nothing. The raiders come over in numbers greater than fighters we can field. The CR nerf does not protect new players at all. The massive numbers on JK-H are all very new folks, and there are many that are F2P. There is no realistic CR nerf that can protect those folks. Just let the raiders come through and completely demolish JK-H. It needs to be shown as a broken mechanic, and allowed to be fixed.

I can honestly say as a home server player. They should just go ahead and remove the CR nerf. It really does nothing. The raiders come over in numbers greater than fighters we can field. The CR nerf does not protect new players at all. The massive numbers on JK-H are all very new folks, and there are many that are F2P. There is no realistic CR nerf that can protect those folks. Just let the raiders come through and completely demolish JK-H. It needs to be shown as a broken mechanic, and allowed to be fixed.

I'm not sure, but I think you may have it the wrong way round...

pvp.png

The blue names in this case indicate the raiders, the white indicate defenders.

I liked someone else's suggestion which was that CR nerf takes place after a certain of time, and gradually lowers.  Meaning that it would prevent raiders from living and excessively camping on the Home servers for long periods of time.  In short the first hour or two would have no CR nerf, after the first "tick" raider's CR would be lowered by 1, and the next tick another.  Therefore as a raider you would not immediately gimped, but also couldn't spend an excessive amount of time on a Home server.  (Credits to whoever made that idea originally, I think Plebina?)

I agree JKH has a lot of players, but does that mean they have a lot of fighters?  No, not always.  I would assume out of all those numbers that only about a quarter really have trained up their Fight Skill, but even a quarter outnumbers the usual amount of raiders.  It's really a catch-22 in most cases because a small raid group of 5 usually fails, but when you take 20-30+ raiders it's suddenly "unfair" and then people complain about numbers.  So it is very difficult sometimes to find a change that everyone could agree upon.  That's why I like the above suggestion because it is fair for both sides on paper.

I agree there is a point that eventually JK will be built up enough on Home servers that it'll become very hard if not impossible to PvP evenly, and it's questionable if JK-Homers will even venture to raid on Elevation.  I don't really +1/-1 it, I think some changes could be added, but I think there will be complaints no matter what when you discuss removing CR nerfs on Home servers because innocent smith/crafters don't wish to be more vulnerable, but they need to realize you joined a PvP server - not Freedom. 

I liked someone else's suggestion which was that CR nerf takes place after a certain of time, and gradually lowers.  Meaning that it would prevent raiders from living and excessively camping on the Home servers for long periods of time.  In short the first hour or two would have no CR nerf, after the first "tick" raider's CR would be lowered by 1, and the next tick another.  Therefore as a raider you would not immediately gimped, but also couldn't spend an excessive amount of time on a Home server.  (Credits to whoever made that idea originally, I think Plebina?)

I agree JKH has a lot of players, but does that mean they have a lot of fighters?  No, not always.  I would assume out of all those numbers that only about a quarter really have trained up their Fight Skill, but even a quarter outnumbers the usual amount of raiders.  It's really a catch-22 in most cases because a small raid group of 5 usually fails, but when you take 20-30+ raiders it's suddenly "unfair" and then people complain about numbers.  So it is very difficult sometimes to find a change that everyone could agree upon.  That's why I like the above suggestion because it is fair for both sides on paper.

I agree there is a point that eventually JK will be built up enough on Home servers that it'll become very hard if not impossible to PvP evenly, and it's questionable if JK-Homers will even venture to raid on Elevation.  I don't really +1/-1 it, I think some changes could be added, but I think there will be complaints no matter what when you discuss removing CR nerfs on Home servers because innocent smith/crafters don't wish to be more vulnerable, but they need to realize you joined a PvP server - not Freedom.

pretty much this

Yes. Hordem and myself came up with the CR reduction over time. As it seemed a very "fair" balance of protection and raiding.

And Kellyt and group have died in the same place on JK-H twice now. CR nerf or not. You are gonna die there. It is a very poor tactical location. All the CR nerf there did was speed up your deaths.

The Time based CR Nerf increase sounds like a reasonable and solid idea.

JKH and likely MRH will never raid elevation or any of the other Home servers in any real numbers or on any kind of often basis. There is no reason to, It's time and resource consuming and if Home server players want PvP well the Raiders are kind enough to deliver it to their door steps. Besides the white light there is simply nothing on elevation even remotely attractive enough to the Home players to incite anything more then bored people wandering over there.

Rolf had mentioned that the homes servers were similar to low-sec on Eve and not a full PVP as Elevation. Personally, I think the nerf reasonable considering that the servers are F2P.

Everyone is on the home servers really. Just remove home servers as it will promote full out pvp and help other kingdoms flourish. Home servers were the most stupid idea for epic tbh. It killed the fun and pvp that should be on epic.

A CR nerf for enemies was great when the home servers were still weak and outnumbered. This is not the case anymore.

The JKH is very populated for example. ([23:41:42] 113 other players are online. (770 totally in Wurm) today)

How many of these are prem players, how many are free players? How many of these are fighters with reasonable fs? etc

Knowing that 113 players online is useless if you don't have any more info on those players and what they are like since it can't prove if the home servers are no longer weak, as long as you can't prove that then your second sentence "This is not the case anymore" cannot be proven and cannot be stated as fact. 113 free players for example (the most extreme possilbility) does not make the home server strong, it would still be weak. So at what point would it no longer be weak, how many good prem fighters would it need for that, and how many does it actually have?