Sign in to follow this  
JontomXire

Gui has disappeared

In the spirit of scientific curiosity, I clicked the "GUI" button in the menu at the top of the screen. All windows and UI elements vanished.

I am now stuck. Apparently F1 should open the console window in which i should be able to type "toggle gui" - but it doesn't.

Any tips on getting any sort of menu whatsoever to become visible would be much appreciated. Or a hotkey to simply quit the game would be appreciated.

I can't even close the damn application. I now have to read my daughters a bed time story and put them to bed and after that I have a WoW raid. By the time all that is finished and I can come back to Wurm I will no doubt have starved to death - well as close as the game lets you get anyway.

At which point it would be better to delete the character and start again.

Oh, incidentally the "highlight objects" option is highlighting objects not visible through a thick screen of bushes and, judging by the size, a long way away.

Oh and the view when you start, of a super enlarged mouth for each of the other AFK players (including someone who's name involves the word "bum" but which i can't find out for sure because the GUI is broken), is a bit weird.

The inventory window is a bit awkward too.

Sorry that was a tad abrupt, sort of driveby response :)

F1 will indeed bring up the console, but you won't be able to see it since it is a gui component.  So using it to toggle gui is only useful to turn the gui off.