Sign in to follow this  
Friend

Wurm meeting - Amsterdam CONFIRMED march 10

So, important update. quite late, but the original bar was smaller than expected and the wurmians more than expected.

Ive found a nice grandcafe, where you can have tables or walk around/ switch seats with lots of space. Booked it for 20 people.

Cafe Luxembourg.

Time:

20:00

address:

Spui 24

Route:

You walk streight down the road "Damrak" from the station, following the tram lines. You pass some big squares with big pillar. when you see Tours & Tickets on your right side (red neon lights), this is the bycicle road you take. follow this road streight untill you reach cafe luxembourg (blue neon lights)

routetocafeluxembourg.png

pictures of bar:  (door is to the left side of the glass serre)

https://www.google.nl/search?tbm=isch&hl=nl&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&q=cafe+luxembourg+amsterdam&gbv=2&oq=cafe+luxembourg+amsterdam&aq=f&aqi=g1g-S2&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=1928l5201l0l5399l25l25l0l16l16l0l145l920l6.3l9l0&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24l2.1928l5201l0l5401l25l25l0l16l16l0l145l920l6j3l9l0

I have nearly everyones phone nr and you should all have noted down mine for now. so if you are lost, we can find a place to meet. realise though, im bad with directions and also get lost easily in amsterdam! :D

see you soon!

Sounds great. A few of us will be gathered beforehand and will let you know when we start heading there. I'd assume somewhere around 6-7PM would be fine, or later?

the time of official meeting is still 20:00. but if you are also in the city, we will keep text contact to meet earlier. for example a good meeting place is the damrak square. the one with big pillar you cant miss. thats all flexible unofficial stuf though :)

well, i hope everyone reads it... im going out :D

I was strongly considering a dramatic last minute appearance, but I've buggered up my knee so I can't drive or walk too far, which limits my options somewhat.

Have a great  time everyone; I hope there will be pictures and logs of your adventure (or at least the bits that are legal to put on the Wurm forum)

(or at least the bits that are legal to put on the Wurm forum)

Today, 10-03-2012

We met up in amsterdam and went off into town. that's about all i can say legally.

;D

when i walked around there yesterday i got lost alot :D horrible sence of directions and map reading skill. so if any other dutchy wants to lead the tour, thats better ;)

Oh snap, this.

I forgot all about it and have exams all next week. Sorry, not showing.

when i walked around there yesterday i got lost alot :D horrible sence of directions and map reading skill. so if any other dutchy wants to lead the tour, thats better ;)

Not me but we could decide a starting place for the day close to a train station so most of us won't risk to get lost.

Friend, around what time are you planning to get the train to Amsterdam (if you're going by train)

tonight we are going to be in amsterdam at 22:00 where we will join rolf after his staff dinner

and i cant say yet what time we will leave on saturday. it depends how crazy tonight gets :)

hehe, fair enough. If you're going by train, could you maybe let me know tomorrow around what time you'll be going? :D

sure, also coming tonight? iaqb and i just baked muffins ;)

I will be at 2 pm Amsterdam Central.

we got destroyed yesterday. still waking up but some others are in town already somewhere

Hey Everyone,

It was alot of fun yesterday, definetly worth going.

If any of you has pictures, send them to me in PM or ask for my e-mail please i would really like to have them.

My shirt looks awesome <3

Milp's Infinite Electricity model is now written on the back of Aly's t-shirt. This discovery can only lead to great things.

On a more serious note, we had lots of fun. It was very interesting to meet everyone in person. Hope to see someone post some pictures soon after your hangovers are gone. ;)

was fun. :)

too bad spage and lisjoan have gone missing. ill have to phone their hotel but does anyone know their real life names?