Sign in to follow this  
MaverickG

Horse Reverse

Horse reverse is..... bizarre.  It is abnormal.

1st horses should be able to turn in place slowly, or atleast in a very tight arc.

2nd horses should move slower in reverse than forward.

3rd reverse should use opposite axis for movement.... for example World of tanks.

Overall see Mount and blade for better ideas for horse movement.

In addition, there should be the option for impact damage using mounts.

I would also like to see a CR penalty for leading extra horses.

There should be a delay for remounting if your mount dies while you are riding.

I believe these adjustments would balance the use of mounts in PVP.

Additional options would be to set spears or polearms to cause first damage on mounted opponents, or chance to dismount.

I'm not sure about messing with reverse speeds honestly.  Horses are just too wonky as is, one hit makes the horse go what, 2 km/h, seriously?  Fix that and people wont be running around with 4 horses total.  But you wanna fix that, don't give a cr nerf for leading horses, use the breeding code.  Yup, breeding code.  If you're leading more than one horse, you do not get the breed option.  Use that so when you're leading more than one horse, you do not get the embark option.  Rather that, then totally nerfing horses more, because people like to abuse any little thing they can.

What happens if you ride a horse that dies in real life?

Most likely you would injure yourself in the fall, or even get traped under the horse.

So imagine you get a bad wound in the fall from the dead horse, and you also get traped under the corpse of horse until someone bury it and rescue you.

What happens if you ride a horse that dies in real life?

Most likely you would injure yourself in the fall, or even get traped under the horse.

Not if your riding it standing up!

I would also like to see a CR penalty for leading extra horses.

I think this here is all that would be needed, it's a simple solution that means that horse combat will mostly involve a single horse per person.

No need to go overboard when you can deal with the issue in a simple fix.

+1, people argue all the time about "realism" and the argument always comes to the same thing, wurm is trying to be realistic.... therefor a horse that goes the same speen backwards is bizzare, also the turning circle is abit odd.

the cr nerf makes sense to me but if rolf ever did do this dont put a cr nerf if your leading a pet otherwise pets would be useless

You can already do this:

1st horses should be able to turn in place slowly

The horse just doesn't seem to notice immediately, turn for a bit, and you'll see the horse suddenly fling around. But turn for a couple of seconds, then move forwards and youll find you're not headed in the direction that sed to be forwards any more. Takes a bit of getting used to the turn speed because as I say, the game lags the direction the horse is pointing on screen.

I feel im weaker if i fight as commander on a large cart draged by 2 horses.

And I mean weaker then both riding a horse and just stand normal on ground.

To be even more exact i think the weapon skill isnt used, coz i dont get the option to target bodyparts.

Can anyone confirm?

Commanders (carts or boats) fight weaker. THat's intended as far as I'm aware.

+1 to a CR nerf on leading horses, but I'm not sure how to go about making horses move realistically.

I'm not sure about messing with reverse speeds honestly.  Horses are just too wonky as is, one hit makes the horse go what, 2 km/h, seriously?  Fix that and people wont be running around with 4 horses total.  But you wanna fix that, don't give a cr nerf for leading horses, use the breeding code.  Yup, breeding code.  If you're leading more than one horse, you do not get the breed option.  Use that so when you're leading more than one horse, you do not get the embark option.  Rather that, then totally nerfing horses more, because people like to abuse any little thing they can.

These are some pretty good alternatives to what is currently going on.  Especially with the combat involving mounted combat.  However, if a horse is shot in the leg it moves with 3 legs, it cannot drag itself.  A temporary delay for dismount/remount is just as good as taking a cr loss when remounting while engaged in combat.

-1  as far as PvE goes that is nothing but a big list of nerfs.

My realism rant....

Wurm is a FANTASY game...you see the word fantasy? I play games to have fun and believe realistic hardship nerfs just take away form that fun. Quit frankly every other MMO out their has also realized this ideal. So if you all want Wurm to continue to skate the gray line between failure and barely surviving...well continue to add realistic nerfs. I think mounts should act like all the other games I have played, its just a different graphic of a toon riding animals that goes faster then the walking toon.

My realism rant....

Wurm is a FANTASY game...you see the word fantasy? I play games to have fun and believe realistic hardship nerfs just take away form that fun. Quit frankly every other MMO out their has also realized this ideal. So if you all want Wurm to continue to skate the gray line between failure and barely surviving...well continue to add realistic nerfs. I think mounts should act like all the other games I have played, its just a different graphic of a toon riding animals that goes faster then the walking toon.

Another reason to just have a CR reduction for leading extra horses, does the least harm to PvE players while stopping one of the biggest issues with mounted combat:backup horses.

My realism rant....

Riding a mount already has bonuses.  Personally I don't understand what you are asking?  Also... your mount and multiple mounts have nothing to do with pve... untame your horse and boom it'll never die.  There is your fantasy.

As horses currently are, I think theyre fine. Sure your horse goes backwards as fast as it goes forward, it can also go 35 kmh while being dragged behind a cog in oceanwater. While it isnt very realistic, it improves the playabitly of the game a lot. If there really is abig issue in pvp with leading backup horses, then okay. When you get attacked by an enemy you stop leading all non-pet animals.

There's no reason to drag down pve (again) becuase something is being abused (is leading backup horses really abuse?) in a pvp situation.

I don't think it is abuse, however I do believe backup horses should cease being led during pvp.

There's no reason to drag down pve (again) becuase something is being abused (is leading backup horses really abuse?) in a pvp situation.

this

If someone has to lead extra horses to battle the is clearly something wrong with horses. Buff horses and create some penalty to bring extra. And from a realistic standpoint it doesn't make sense that you can divide your attention between four horses and your opponent.

this

Led creatures now receive a combat rating penalty

So did he really just screw the pve side again? Or am I misunderstanding the new update?

Led creatures themselves have a CR penalty afaik. Riders still do not which should be corrected in someway. And how does it mess up the PvE side? I've never heard of anyone bringing extra horses while hunting, and it's still pretty rare to see someone hunting win a pet.

Led creatures don't fight unless tamed, so I figured the person leading it would get a CR nerf. Hence my question.