Sign in to follow this  
Paul Scott

Like Hockey or Football/Soccer? Check this out! (pssst... it's free!)

Powerplay Manager

It's a sports management simulator. If you've never played one, you start with a low level team and build them up over time, through purchasing players and/or training existing ones on your team. You are also responsible for hiring staff members and improving team facilities and the arena. It helps to at least be decent at math, since you need to keep your books balanced. Best of all, it's free. :) Naturally there are paid options that open up more aspects to you or just make some aspects easier, but it's possible to play the game perfectly adequately without paying.

I've been playing for a couple months now. It doesn't require a steep time investment and it's pretty fun imo. Currently they support football (soccer for the Americans like me) and hockey teams, but they have plans for many more sports in the future. If you're interested and you have questions post here and I'll try to check the thread and answer what I can. ;) I only have a hockey team, but there are a lot of parallels between the two sports in terms of the management aspects.

P.S.- If you sign up, please do it through the link provided above. Yes, I get credit when you do. 8)