Sign in to follow this  
atazs

Being outlaw kicks you out from your village

Is this serious? Thats a very very bad idea... Why? Because its very easy to become an outlaw and there are no warnings unless you type in /reputations and even then i still dont know how do you lose reputation and how many.  And what happens if the mayor is an outlaw? Will the deed disband? This needs to be changed asap. The whole outlaw system needs to change. At least gives us a warning or make it so you only get kicked after -10 reputation or something... I suggest getting rid of the whole outlaw system. Im tired of noobs griefing around my deed, stealing stuff, and when i kill them i lose huge amounts of reputation. And now i will get kicked out from my village

Wow... Yeah I'm not sure what the point of the outlaw feature is then. And indeed, what happens to the village if the mayor gets kicked? Not well thought out as far as I can tell. I was looking forward to having a haven for outlaws/thieves.

The whole point of the outlaw system was to provide hard-coded theft and murder protection for intact writs and deeds. This system pre-dated the Freedom and PVP Home server concepts, beta Wurm was just a single server map with unlimited pvp.

The outlaw system is fine imho, it justs needs a few more warnings such as the lawful toggle actually stopping all unlawful attempts resulting in reputation loss. Thus providing warnings for people new to it.

On the note of mayors being kicked from their own deeds, as I understand it code is already in place that means they cannot go lawless against their own kingdom as it could result in them ending up converting to HotS (which is a no-no as deeds do not convert between kingdoms).

Make it so you cannot steal a pile of items as that can pretty much instantly make you outlaw. Otherwise it takes a number of actions which means it was deliberate.

System need to be reworked. I was wondering around and found a homestead (In chaos) and it was decaying, as the fences were all but decayed. I wanted to steal something, but when i tried to lockpick the door i got kick out of my village and outlawed, now i have to wait 3 hours until i can play wurm again. It's Chaos, Not freedom, let me kill people, let me lockpick. Fine, if you want to, restrict lockpicking to Premium, I'm premium, i don't care. I just want to be able to loot without being placed on outlaw status, basically giving me a "'KILL ME, FEAR NOT PUNISHMENT, LOOT MY BODY)" sign above my head. Or around my body.

There are a few times where u need help in wurm from ur friends.

And being outlawed is one of those times.