Sign in to follow this  
Raycg

Mining messages

Not sure if a thread has allredy been made but pls..[15:00:21] The cave walls sound hollow. A dangerous side shaft could emerge.

Can we get that before we mine 40-45 shards to get that message.

Or any other mining message that tells us we cant mine the wall down, would help save some time.

you mine for a reason to find out....

easy mode is not what wurm needs.

takes all of what 5 mins to see?

You have obviously never mined, as it takes much longer than 5 minutes to mine that many shards.

You have obviously never mined, as it takes much longer than 5 minutes to mine that many shards.

orly???

Then how come on Epic its only taking 6 mins already with no woa..??

I know for a fact even with decent mining and woa it takes 5-6 mins. tops

orly???

Then how come on Epic its only taking 6 mins already with no woa..??

I know for a fact even with decent mining and woa it takes 5-6 mins. tops

Thats Epic, got to think of freedom too were everything is harder. i know i can mine walls down fast but still why spend 11-13 mins mining a anoying cave in when you could be mining just that 5-6min? And got to hate iron cave ins too ;) sometimes they are good though.

Actually, he's lying.

the same amount of actions is required on epic as is on freedom

so it can still range up to 16 minutes per tile.

either way, i'd rather know i cant mine it beforehand then waste even 5 mins mining it

Freedom mining with good pick and woa and ok mining is 4-5 secs a wack.

50 rocks x 6 secs = 5 mins.

You guys just want to make the game easy is all I can understand that,  but I don't agree with it.

freedom mining with good pick and woa and ok mining is 4-5 secs a wack.

Still 5 minutes wasted, and not everyone has woa/good pickaxes.

specially think of newbies attempting to create a new mine

freedom mining with good pick and woa and ok mining is 4-5 secs a wack.

Still 5 minutes wasted, and not everyone has woa/good pickaxes.

specially think of newbies attempting to create a new mine

forgive me if i don't seem saddend.

the mining timers have been drastically reduced already and 4 newbies can mine out tiles very quickly.

yeah, 20 second timers still exist and they go on for quite a while on unenchanted pickaxes (only start getting shorter around 60 mining with a 50ql pick)

and you assume every newbie will start in packs of 4.

and either way, they still wasted time mining a tile that ultimately couldnt be mined, when if the message displayed first they could work around it.

yeah, 20 second timers still exist and they go on for quite a while on unenchanted pickaxes (only start getting shorter around 60 mining with a 50ql pick)

and you assume every newbie will start in packs of 4.

and either way, they still wasted time mining a tile that ultimately couldnt be mined, when if the message displayed first they could work around it.

Not true all they had to do alot of times is mine down the tile abit and they could continue mining with some messages.

As far as the side shaft know your mine better.

And if its not your mine then maybe you should look through the walls on med cave settings to see where things are.

Not in all cases, which was specifically what this thread was for, about the ones that don't let you mine it.

i.e when you try to mine a tile diagonal of another mined tile, you cannot mine it, and MUST mine around, hit the tile infront of it, and then mine that tile out

Not in all cases, which was specifically what this thread was for, about the ones that don't let you mine it.

i.e when you try to mine a tile diagonal of another mined tile, you cannot mine it, and MUST mine around, hit the tile infront of it, and then mine that tile out

With your logic about this you might as well say people who meditate should know ahead of time if they will get exp or not, because they are wasting time...

At least you 'ARE'  getting skill mining in something.

Sigh, two completely different things.

You work for meditation skill by constantly doing untill you get the experience.

the fact you work your way up untill the very end where you realize you cannot mine it, and must mine around is nothing but a nusiance and a waste of time that could be completely prevented beforehand.

Sigh, two completely different things.

You work for meditation skill by constantly doing untill you get the experience.

the fact you work your way up untill the very end where you realize you cannot mine it, and must mine around is nothing but a nusiance and a waste of time that could be completely prevented beforehand.

nah time is time and its a drag to sit there for mins at a time over and over again to find out you are not getting any meditation skill.....

Same thing basically.

That's because it's SUPPOSED to be difficult and somewhat tedious for meditation skill, it's SUPPOSED to require you to shift many positions and try time after time.

Mining, however, isn't supposed to.

it's coded like this for some reason (probably to prevent bugs/exploits/griefing), but just has the inconvenience of telling you late into the rock/vein.

That's because it's SUPPOSED to be difficult and somewhat tedious for meditation skill, it's SUPPOSED to require you to shift many positions and try time after time.

Mining, however, isn't supposed to.

it's coded like this for some reason (probably to prevent bugs/exploits/griefing), but just has the inconvenience of telling you late into the rock/vein.

who said mining isn't supposed to be difficult at all?

I remember godly timers  that must have been to make it more difficult right?

Or are you just assuming this?

Anyhow its obvious you want to make it easier when in fact you should not know until the wall is about to break wether or not there is an issue.

I don't think you realize, regardless of what the difficulty mining is supposed to be, it's not supposed to smack you in the face with a message saying you cannot mine here, and force you to mine 3 more tiles just to finish that one tile.

It doesn't make it any much easier, and all it does is save time in reality.

and by "godly timers" you mean the old default 36 that was reduced to 20?

Well with this large argument, how about adding something to proispecting? Prospect a wall befor you mine it and it could tell you if or not you will get that message or not.

I do remember starting the game at first was 50 secs or so and took foever to mine and would make this thread more of something needed. its not a major thing but i get the messages alot still after cave ins and cave bugs destroying my tunnels.

IMO cave bugs should stop mining too, takes alot of favor to fix just one tile from a mag priest or paying 5s to colapse it, The least that can be done is eather

1 add the message to prospecting

2 show the massage on 1-3 mineing actions

My timer is 4 seconds and its still a pain to mine through a whole tile before I find out I can't break it.

No it is not a ton of time wasted compared to other actions, and no that doesn't mean anything at all.

Less annoying and tedious doesn't mean less difficult. Allowing people to avoid the annoyance will only benefit the game.

Allos prospecting to give you the message before you start mining the tile.

Remember stamina.

Say 4 seconds mining timer with a bloody good pick and high skill, wait roughly 4 seconds for it to replenish (if food and water are full). That's 8 seconds for 1 shard, 8x45=360/60=6. That's 6 minutes per wall, mining for 6 minutes to find out you can't mine that tile is extremely annoying, I must also state that the amount of money and time put in to get a 4 second timer is hefty, and I don't see why anyone should have to mine that much to find out it can't be mined.

And Protunia, I'm really doubting your sanity, you say all these ideas are bad then come out with an idea like "Tax people to use KoS".