Sign in to follow this  
Nitara

Reasoning for insane god-spawned mobs?

So, I'm curious.  First we had worms spawned from Vynora, which showed up in batches of ten but weren't very strong.  People whined that they were too easy.  In response, we got drakespirits spawned, which aoe stun, bash walls and houses, and eat spirit templars for lunch.  No model.  Now, we get these Nogump things, also no model (what the hell, jumping the gun much?), with a MASSIVE aoe and dismounting knockback, that gobble up bystanders and guards for dainty appetizers.

One of these moronic manifestations of poor game design spawned in the middle of a friend's home just before he was able to deed it, and now it's set up camp there, politely annihilating anyone who comes near.  Attempts to dom it have thus far failed.

I don't want my friend to ragequit, and I don't want to either, but he's close, and I'm not far off.  Someone needs to get a (*@#ing clue and think before adding numerous (model-less) insanely powerful mobs at random in populated areas.  If one appears in my compound, I'm done with wurm.

i'll admit nogumps were a tad bit overkill, drakespirits were fine however.

also all new mobs almost always start without a model, they have it ready, just not implemented

Fair enough.  And yeah the drakespirits were killable with enough good fighters, but there really should've only been a few per epic server.  There are just too many seemingly random, senseless changes taking place.

What needs to happen is for one, NOT spawn these things on deed!  If the nogumps did not throw you or bash you, it wouldn't be so bad.  At the moment, they can throw and bash you THROUGH walls, which is way OP.

They should have the same bashing cooldown as the rest of us do, and/or not be able to bash you while you are bashed, lol.

The one we killed earlier on Wild, with a group of the best fighters on Wild, was insane.  I would have rather attempted to kill a white dragon than a nogump with the same group, same numbers - the things are hideously erratic behavior wise, and this one spawned right on top of a friend.

TIP:  if these things are going to be on Freedom servers, including Chaos - please make them non aggro on Freedom cluster BY DEFAULT.

Some knuckleheads want to kill 'em, they know how to hit the target button to engage with it.  If they do and are unprepared, I hope they enjoy funerals.  But man, don't make them aggro by default where some kid new to the game that just set up a backwater deed has them on top of his 1 guard token on a server he was told that was reasonably safe.  That kid prolly spent his allowance on buying a settlement in Wurm on a non PVP server, now he's got some lumbering "nogump" essentially mass murdering him repeatedly and forcing him to logoff if he wishes to live to morning, ruining his experience and hard work.

But Rolf, for God's sakes, please don't make them aggro by default anywhere but Epic in some attempt to spice things up.  If they are non aggro on freedom cluster, the tough guys can take a shot at them, all the while these Epic based mobs won't be doing the Godzilla routine to anything that moves.  Everyone wins in that situation.  The "Joe Farmer" types with 2fs aren't repeatedly killed, don't have their towns smooshed down, and the fighters can group up and challenge these beasts at will.

This afternoon my friend Mith gave me a heads up there was one on the coast.  A few of us got together and met up, and killed it.  6 or 7 guys in high ql drake/scale, far past 70fs, most of 'em.  Took 20 of the most hairy minutes I've had in ages.  After it picked my venerable champion crocodile up and threw it 15 tiles, I realized killing the thing wasn't just going to be a "gank and spank".

The first real fun I have had in Wurm in a long time, loved every minute of the insanity of being thrown 20 tiles every 20 seconds.  But I sure as hell don't want to do it repeatedly, or even twice.

People should remember before they say something like, "kinda easy i killed one." and they're 70fs + drake/scale, realize what it's like for a n00b.  Try living in a place with a wooden shack and no fight skill and these dumbass godly creatures come out and start killing your deed guards.  It's not pleasurable, and it has nothing to do with Freedom.

For the love of Libila, keep the servers seperate.  I go on Epic and I can't lockpick ANYTHING because I get "punished by death" and then I log on Freedom to see EPIC CREATURES in my deed.  It's been like this for months and no one is changing anything. 

I should add that they actually threw someone into a tile underground in my mine, which had caved in and had to be excavated.  Buggy and ridiculous.

It would also be nice if they actually gave more fight skill than a regular wild cat, lol.

It would also be nice if they actually gave more fight skill than a regular wild cat, lol.

Aye, not much payoff with 'em.  Was Pedro, Sqorpius, Goathill, Woodywurm, Iaqb, Mith, and Mindy, my ven champ croc on the one we tangled with near Fyrkat on Wild/Chaos.  I don't expect massive fs gains at fairly high fs levels, but I would have got more off killing the mobs I walked past on the way to kill this nogump if I had time to stop, lol.

.001 fs for Goat and I, and I don't imagine the others got much better.  Now if you'll excuse me, I need to spend the next 2 hours imping my armor, shield and weapons..

yeh, .001.

Deed guards should be able to at least hit these things.  I've had one on my deed all day now, keeps killing all the guards, and they have yet to land a single hit on it.  The only thing capable of any damage is if we actually fight it, and I do 0.5 dmg a hit to its head...  I'm either bashed 10 times or thrown away before two of us can even stack anything more than a 2 dmg wound...  Probably 30 mins+ fighting, probably more, and we couldn't even get it to hurt with both deed guards and tower guards.

I'd easily trade these 3 nogumps for 10 drake spirits right now.  At least those are killable, and don't throw you or have an OP bash...  Rolf, this is one hell of a . up.

Really makes me wonder that in the last update why did rolf decrease their spawn numbers INSTEAD OF NOT SPAWNING THEM AT ALL. Its like rolf is forcing epic on everyone

i have practicaly soloed one with a 1fs priest.... thank you gatehopin mycelium absorbing boss of a priest...

ok i did spam rotten gut ALOT

they make wicked zombie pets!

Its like rolf wants us to go to epic or something

Getting obliterated by for most people even untouchable mobs sure must be good marketing for epic.

Anyways, I can imagine why Rolf spawns them on freedom: diversity. New content and new mobs always is a good thing. It keeps the game in a state of progress and change, which keeps it interesting. What he doesn't think about: A huge number of freedom players doesn't have decent fs even after years of playing, just because they never cared or needed it (I have 43fs, started playing 2007, go figure).

Anyways, I can imagine why Rolf spawns them on freedom: diversity. New content and new mobs always is a good thing. It keeps the game in a state of progress and change, which keeps it interesting. What he doesn't think about: A huge number of freedom players doesn't have decent fs even after years of playing, just because they never cared or needed it (I have 43fs, started playing 2007, go figure).

Its near impossible to gain good fs on Deliverance atm after he removed lairs for aggressive creatures.

I would rather he fixed the spawn system, then thinking about adding harder mobs but not godlike mobs like nogumps and drake spirits.

Another one today, this time Landing on Wild...

Templars don't even hit these things.  45 guard deed, they never hit it once that I saw. 

A happy customer is a repeat customer, a happy customer says good things to a few friends about the product. oh, oh, oh but a mad customer screams at the top of his lungs to tell every living sole that the product is crap. A long time ago, when I played UO, they had a similar issue where mobs where spawning near housing areas. Thankfully the UO devs chose to make its players happy instead of sticking to their ideals. IMO,  Giving PvE folks the means to live in safety should be an option for a price. And a price that lets someone play for at most 10 eur a month.

If I had my way this scenario would have gone like this: (first off nogump wouldn't have spawn inside a house or on a deed), Now when friend placed deed, nogump is teleported off deed and is no longer able to come near the deed.

Or deed guards could actually kill said nogump.

A very good point - logs from the one at Landing earlier, guards doing nothing to it.

[13:22:23] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:22:24] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:22:26] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:22:27] Young son of nogump makes a circular powerful sweep!

[13:22:28] Young son of nogump kicks Spirit templar extremely hard in the chest and harms it.

[13:22:30] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[13:22:33] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:22:36] Spirit templar seems to shelter her lower parts.

[13:22:37] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the left underarm and hurts it.

[13:22:38] You aim to push Young son of nogump over with your shield.

[13:22:38] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:22:43] Young son of nogump swiftly dodges your shield.

[13:22:43] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:22:50] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:22:54] You need to get into the fight more first.

[13:22:56] You need to get into the fight more first.

[13:23:04] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the right underarm and slaps it.

[13:23:07] You try to focus.

[13:23:08] Young son of nogump kicks Spirit templar deadly hard in the chest and harms it.

[13:23:10] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:23:20] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:23:24] You aim to push Young son of nogump over with your shield.

[13:23:25] Hashmere cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the chest and slaps it.

[13:23:27] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:23:29] Young son of nogump is sprawling on the ground.

[13:23:30] Spirit templar seems to shelter his lower parts.

[13:23:30] Young son of nogump regains his bearings.

[13:23:33] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:23:33] Hashmere cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the left upper arm and slaps it.

[13:23:35] You try to focus.

[13:23:39] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his lower parts.

[13:23:40] You fail to reach a higher degree of focus.

[13:23:40] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:23:42] Young son of nogump kicks Spirit templar deadly hard in the stomach and harms it.

[13:23:44] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the right hand and hurts it.

[13:23:50] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:23:51] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:23:52] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:23:52] Spirit templar seems to shelter his lower parts.

[13:23:53] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[13:23:56] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the chest and slaps it.

[13:23:58] Spirit templar seems to shelter his left parts.

[13:23:59] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:24:03] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:24:06] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the right underarm and slaps it.

[13:24:07] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his higher parts.

[13:24:09] Young son of nogump bashes Hashmere!

[13:24:11] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the right thigh and slaps it.

[13:24:14] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Hashmere!

[13:24:16] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the chest and slaps it.

[13:24:17] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:24:18] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:24:19] Snakegal tries a Back breaker but misses.

[13:24:25] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:24:31] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the chest and slaps it.

[13:24:32] You try to move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[13:24:33] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the right underarm and hurts it.

[13:24:34] You move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[13:24:35] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:24:36] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:24:38] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:24:40] You aim to push Young son of nogump over with your shield.

[13:24:41] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:24:45] Young son of nogump is sprawling on the ground.

[13:24:46] Spirit templar seems to shelter his lower parts.

[13:24:46] Young son of nogump regains his bearings.

[13:24:48] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:24:51] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slaps it.

[13:24:51] Spirit templar seems to shelter his left parts.

[13:24:58] Young son of nogump kicks Spirit templar deadly hard in the right underarm and harms it.

[13:24:58] Spirit templar seems to shelter her higher parts.

[13:24:59] Spirit templar seems to shelter her left parts.

[13:25:00] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:25:01] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the chest and slaps it.

[13:25:06] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the stomach and slaps it.

[13:25:07] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:25:08] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the right shoulder and slaps it.

[13:25:09] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his left parts.

[13:25:19] Young son of nogump kicks Spirit templar extremely hard in the left thigh and harms it.

[13:25:19] Spirit templar seems to shelter her right parts.

[13:25:20] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:25:20] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:25:23] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:25:26] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the stomach and slaps it.

[13:25:29] You aim to push Young son of nogump over with your shield.

[13:25:30] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:25:33] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slaps it.

[13:25:34] Young son of nogump is sprawling on the ground.

[13:25:34] Young son of nogump regains his bearings.

[13:25:36] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the right underarm and slaps it.

[13:25:41] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the chest and slaps it.

[13:25:42] Spirit templar seems to shelter her left parts.

[13:25:45] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:25:48] You try to focus.

[13:25:49] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the chest and hurts it.

[13:25:50] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.

[13:25:52] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:25:57] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:26:04] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:26:10] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:26:15] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slaps it.

[13:26:25] Spirit templar seems to shelter his right parts.

[13:26:26] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his right parts.

[13:26:31] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left underarm and slaps it.

[13:26:37] You try to focus.

[13:26:40] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:26:41] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:26:42] You fail to reach a higher degree of focus.

[13:26:43] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:26:44] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slaps it.

[13:26:53] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the left thigh and harms it.

[13:27:02] Spirit templar seems to shelter her right parts.

[13:27:02] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the stomach and slaps it.

[13:27:07] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the right thigh and harms it.

[13:27:07] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the left hand and slaps it.

[13:27:08] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump extremely hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:27:09] Young son of nogump is too crowded with attackers. You find no space.

[13:27:10] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[13:27:12] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the stomach and harms it.

[13:27:17] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:27:24] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:27:29] Hashmere pierces Young son of nogump extremely hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:27:29] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:27:32] Spirit templar seems to shelter his higher parts.

[13:27:34] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:27:36] You aim to push Young son of nogump over with your shield.

[13:27:40] Hashmere pierces Young son of nogump extremely hard in the left upper arm and slaps it.

[13:27:41] Young son of nogump swiftly dodges your shield.

[13:27:41] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:27:45] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his lower parts.

[13:27:46] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:27:50] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the right thigh and slap it.

[13:27:50] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:27:53] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:27:55] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the chest and slap it.

[13:27:55] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:28:06] You aim to push Young son of nogump over with your shield.

[13:28:06] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar deadly hard in the stomach and harms it.

[13:28:07] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:28:08] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the left head and slaps it.

[13:28:09] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:28:10] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:28:11] Young son of nogump is sprawling on the ground.

[13:28:12] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the right thigh and slaps it.

[13:28:13] Young son of nogump regains his bearings.

[13:28:16] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the stomach and slap it.

[13:28:16] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:28:17] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:28:22] Spirit templar seems to shelter her higher parts.

[13:28:25] Spirit templar seems to shelter his left parts.

[13:28:26] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the right underarm and hurts it.

[13:28:27] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:28:42] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slaps it.

[13:28:45] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:28:51] Young son of nogump bashes Kraegar!

[13:28:52] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Kraegar!

[13:28:55] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:28:56] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the stomach and slap it.

[13:28:56] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:29:01] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:29:03] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:29:05] Spirit templar seems to shelter his right parts.

[13:29:11] Young son of nogump bashes Brqqq!

[13:29:15] Young son of nogump bashes Brqqq!

[13:29:16] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the chest and slap it.

[13:29:16] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:29:21] Young son of nogump bashes Brqqq!

[13:29:22] Young son of nogump hits Brqqq deadly hard in the left thigh and damages it.

[13:29:30] Young son of nogump bashes Brqqq!

[13:29:31] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:29:33] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the stomach and slaps it.

[13:29:36] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:29:38] Hashmere cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the chest and slaps it.

[13:29:41] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his lower parts.

[13:29:42] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:29:46] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left underarm and slap it.

[13:29:46] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:29:50] Hashmere cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the top of the back and slaps it.

[13:29:53] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the right underarm and slaps it.

[13:29:58] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:30:00] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:30:03] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the left hand and slaps it.

[13:30:06] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the chest and slap it.

[13:30:06] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:30:06] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the chest and harms it.

[13:30:07] Spirit templar regains her bearings.

[13:30:11] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left underarm and slap it.

[13:30:11] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:30:12] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:30:14] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:30:15] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the right shoulder and slaps it.

[13:30:19] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slaps it.

[13:30:24] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the chest and hurts it.

[13:30:28] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:30:28] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left hand and slaps it.

[13:30:31] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[13:30:32] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left shoulder and slaps it.

[13:30:38] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar deadly hard in the left upper arm and harms it.

[13:30:39] Hashmere cuts Young son of nogump extremely hard in the left shoulder and slaps it.

[13:30:40] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left eye and slaps it.

[13:30:41] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[13:30:42] Young son of nogump kicks Spirit templar deadly hard in the left underarm and harms it.

[13:30:43] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:30:44] You try to move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[13:30:45] You move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[13:30:50] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:30:51] Young son of nogump makes a circular powerful sweep!

[13:30:57] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:31:03] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slap it.

[13:31:03] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:31:04] Spirit templar seems to shelter his right parts.

[13:31:05] Snakegal pierces Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left shoulder and slaps it.

[13:31:08] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slap it.

[13:31:08] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:31:09] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[13:31:10] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the right hand and harms it.

[13:31:11] Spirit templar seems to shelter her higher parts.

[13:31:16] Spirit templar regains his bearings.

[13:31:17] Spirit templar seems to shelter her lower parts.

[13:31:23] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left shoulder and slap it.

[13:31:23] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:31:27] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:31:28] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left shoulder and slap it.

[13:31:28] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:31:30] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slaps it.

[13:31:30] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:31:39] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:31:41] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:31:43] Snakegal cuts Young son of nogump deadly hard in the right shoulder and slaps it.

[13:31:43] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left shoulder and slap it.

[13:31:43] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:31:46] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his higher parts.

[13:31:48] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left thigh and slaps it.

[13:31:51] Spirit templar seems to shelter his right parts.

[13:31:54] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:31:55] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[13:31:57] Young son of nogump hits Brqqq deadly hard in the right thigh and damages it.

[13:31:58] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the stomach and slaps it.

[13:31:58] Young son of nogump bashes Snakegal!

[13:31:59] Young son of nogump hits Snakegal extremely hard in the left underarm and harms it.

[13:32:00] Kraegar mauls Young son of nogump extremely hard in the stomach and slaps it.

[13:32:03] Young son of nogump bashes Kraegar!

[13:32:12] Young son of nogump bashes Kraegar!

[13:32:20] Young son of nogump bashes Kraegar!

[13:32:24] Young son of nogump bashes Kraegar!

[13:32:26] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[13:32:26] Hashmere tries a Low rider but misses.

[13:32:27] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Kraegar!

[13:32:31] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the neck and slap it.

[13:32:31] Your maul affects Young son of nogump.

[13:32:33] Hashmere tries a Low rider but misses.

[13:32:45] Spirit templar seems to shelter her higher parts.

[13:32:50] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar deadly hard in the chest and harms it.

[13:32:52] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[13:32:53] Young son of nogump bashes Snakegal!

[13:32:58] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Pedro!

[13:33:39] Young son of nogump bashes Hashmere!

[13:33:42] Spirit templar seems to shelter his left parts.

[13:33:46] Young son of nogump hits Hashmere deadly hard in the chest and damages it.

A very good point - logs from the one at Landing earlier, guards doing nothing to it.

Yeah i heard for 20mins the templars were constantly attacking it and it was only healthy...

As far as i'm aware, freedom is designed so that if you have paid for 1 or 2 spirit templars, you are essentially safe unless some dragon stuff starts happening or w/e. I'm assuming the business model here is "LOTS of people pay for 1 OR 2 templars to keep them safe, so by economies of scale you are making money". With these new additions, I would FAR rather build a guard tower (which i have done) to protect the deed - costing nothing, and earning nothing for the developers - and having an equal chance of escaping a absurdly overpowered creature as if I paid the developers (spirit templars) to protect me. Just saying "there's only 1 of them so very few people encounter them" is no excuse - there is no reason to introduce  such fear into a PvE server for minimal gains when it's going to ruin one or more people's play experience permanently.

Yeah i heard for 20mins the templars were constantly attacking it and it was only healthy...

over here we left one just outside our deed walls and for about 4 hours he killed our templars constantly

at some point he left

Been a whole day killing my guards, still not a single scratch.  Templars are 100% cannon fodder.  Literally, they'll get shot off wherever the nogump wants.