Sign in to follow this  
zadar

Oh no. Some Sons of Nogump have arrived on inde.

This dif between those new mobs and even a bear to a new player isnt all that much.

Sure, except that all current mobs except roaming uniques they could drag to tower or deed guards and have them killed, also actually outrun them.

Being kept a prisoner inside ones house or deed for 3 days is not fun, I hope it happens to you one day though.

Maybe we could add non-epic related strong mobs to Freedom when they are actually well-populated, and we don't live 30 minutes from any neighbours.

You can basicly do the same thing, call guards on 1 then run. Heh ya It did happen to me with drake spirits and Is also why Im bothering to say to you that they are not as bad as your reporting they are.

I had 50FS at the time , a Q31 axe and wearing Q28-30 leather armor and solo killed a drake spirit (was a very long fight but none the less)  after that fight I went out searching for more to kill, was as exhilerating to me as it was on Wild back in my day just without the token drain.  Sure I lost a few walls too but ehh wasnt too hard to replace, I mean its not like it takes a week to plug a few holes.

My ONLY issue with them is risk/reward, they are a very high end mob yet the drops on them are not anything near the risk to fight, unless im missing something with the "val items"?  I guess if anything it opens the door for  craftable drop items that falls between plate/drakes and fills that void area.

Sorry,  I do not  believe you 'solo'd' a drake spirit with that equipment and skill. ;P

We had 3 people with around 70 fs, 80+ ql armor and weapons and 2 fo priests healing and it was a tough fight.

DrakeSpirit.jpg

These things are as tough [at least] and have the same broken aggro range and speed the drake spirits did the first time.

I can tell you the Drake Spirts had a smaller aggro range and slightly reduced speed the second spawn but were just as tough to fight.  That is fine by me as long as someone can avoid them that does not have the skill/ desire to fight them.

Was anyone using a Huge axe, looks like alot of longswords in the pic, try that maybe.  You dont have to believe anything you dont want to, but I threw on a 2h when i seen they had similiar characteristics as dragons.  Seemed to work pretty well :) 

Some warning if you plan to fence one: i fenced a slow son of nogump and i discovered that once it targets you there is no limit to his bashing/throwing range: as long as he considers you his target he can bash you from any distance and you can't notarget him.  I died from repeated "mind bullet" bashing actions 7 + tiles away with several gatehouses and fences between us.

Some warning if you plan to fence one: i fenced a slow son of nogump and i discovered that once it targets you there is no limit to his bashing/throwing range: as long as he considers you his target he can bash you from any distance and you can't notarget him.  I died from repeated "mind bullet" bashing actions 7 + tiles away with several gatehouses and fences between us.

Yup, found this out too.  Had 3 spawn near me, one of them nicely spawned on deed.  These things are .ing insanely over powered and shouldn't exist. 

[21:08:26] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[21:08:27] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:08:28] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:08:53] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar extremely hard in the right eye and hurts it.

[21:08:54] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[21:08:55] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:09:38] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[21:10:19] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar deadly hard in the right thigh and harms it.

[21:10:27] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:10:37] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:10:40] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:10:44] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Spirit templar!

[21:11:02] Young son of nogump makes a circular powerful sweep!

[21:11:03] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[21:11:05] You try to move into position for the upper right parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:11:07] You move into position for the upper right parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:11:08] You try to move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:11:09] Young son of nogump kicks Spirit templar deadly hard in the right thigh and harms it.

[21:11:09] You move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:11:11] Your attack glances off Young son of nogump's armour.

[21:11:16] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his higher parts.

[21:11:16] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:11:16] Young son of nogump skillfully evades the blow to the left head.

[21:11:21] Young son of nogump skillfully evades the blow to the right shoulder.

[21:11:26] You maul Young son of nogump extremely hard in the right shoulder and slap it.

[21:11:29] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:11:31] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:12:03] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:12:06] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:14:00] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:14:08] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar deadly hard in the right underarm and harms it.

[21:14:09] Young son of nogump hits Spirit templar deadly hard in the right underarm and harms it.

[21:14:30] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:14:34] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[21:14:34] Young son of nogump bashes Spirit templar!

[21:14:35] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:14:35] You try to move into position for the upper right parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:14:37] You move into position for the upper right parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:14:37] You try to move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:14:39] You move into position for the uppercenter parts of Young son of nogump.

[21:14:41] Young son of nogump tries to hit you but you raise your shield and parry.

[21:14:42] Your attack glances off Young son of nogump's armour.

[21:14:44] Young son of nogump seems to target your lower right parts.

[21:14:47] Your attack glances off Young son of nogump's armour.

[21:14:47] Young son of nogump fails to move into position.

[21:14:50] Young son of nogump calms down a bit.

[21:14:51] Young son of nogump seems to target your lower left parts.

[21:14:52] Young son of nogump takes no real damage from the hit to the left head.

[21:14:54] Young son of nogump targets your lower left parts.

[21:14:56] Young son of nogump tries to hit you but you raise your shield and parry.

[21:14:56] You safely parry with your maul.

[21:14:56] Young son of nogump hits you extremely hard in the left thigh and harms it.

[21:14:57] You maul Young son of nogump deadly hard in the left head and slap it.

[21:14:58] Young son of nogump suddenly goes into a frenzy.

[21:14:59] Young son of nogump seems to target your upper left parts.

[21:15:01] Your attack glances off Young son of nogump's armour.

[21:15:02] Young son of nogump targets your upper left parts.

[21:15:03] Young son of nogump tries to hit you but you raise your shield and parry.

[21:15:04] Young son of nogump tries to kick you but you raise your shield and parry.

[21:15:06] Your attack glances off Young son of nogump's armour.

[21:15:07] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:15:16] Young son of nogump hits Mol Rehan tower guard deadly hard in the right underarm and harms it.

[21:15:18] Young son of nogump bashes Mol Rehan tower guard!

[21:15:29] Young son of nogump hits Mol Rehan tower guard deadly hard in the left underarm and harms it.

[21:15:30] Young son of nogump bashes Mol Rehan tower guard!

[21:15:39] Young son of nogump hits Mol Rehan tower guard deadly hard in the stomach and harms it.

[21:16:10] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[21:16:11] Young son of nogump seems to shelter his lower parts.

[21:16:11] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:16:20] Young son of nogump seems to target your lower right parts.

[21:16:23] Young son of nogump targets your lower right parts.

[21:16:27] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:16:28] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[21:16:34] Young son of nogump seems to target your lower left parts.

[21:16:37] Young son of nogump targets your lower left parts.

[21:16:40] Young son of nogump kicks Mol Rehan tower guard deadly hard in the left calf and harms it.

[21:16:43] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Gary!

[21:16:54] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:16:54] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Gary!

[21:17:09] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:17:13] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:17:15] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:17:19] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:17:20] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:17:25] You barely evade the blow to the chest.

[21:17:32] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:17:32] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Gary!

[21:17:38] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:17:38] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Gary!

[21:17:49] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[21:17:50] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Gary!

[21:18:08] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:18:13] Young son of nogump moves in to attack you.

[21:18:17] Young son of nogump skillfully evades the blow to the left underarm.

[21:18:19] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Gary!

[21:18:34] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[21:18:38] You try to maul a Young son of nogump.

[21:18:38] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:18:42] Young son of nogump bashes Gary!

[21:18:42] You are dead.

Several templars, 5 tower guards, and 2 people on it, we got maybe 4 total hits on it. 

Something strong spawned on freedom, that wasn't a dragon. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Exactly why everyone is QQing... Theirs only one per freedom server, people asked for them to be kept around but turned down so they didn't mass spawn. I bet if he respawned dragons y'all wouldn't QQ.

Don't bring another topic into this one, that is not the subject of this discussion and has absolutely nothing to do with what I was pointing out.

Saying, "Ya'll" would entail I was QQ'ing over the dragons when I could care less that they've all been killed off (for the most part). I think you misinterpreted what I was saying, and should read more carefully next time.

Coming from the guy in which I was quoting. Also saying y'all is directed at everyone QQing about their presence on freedom. You should read more carefully next time as well as read your own post before posting.

These are really dumb.

Really.

Like one would be okay, but you can't take 3 on, and then 3 more spawn and suddenly your deed is just a ton of them.  It took us hours to kill them all.  This isn't PvP still. 

Something strong spawned on freedom, that wasn't a dragon. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Exactly why everyone is QQing... Theirs only one per freedom server, people asked for them to be kept around but turned down so they didn't mass spawn. I bet if he respawned dragons y'all wouldn't QQ.

Don't bring another topic into this one, that is not the subject of this discussion and has absolutely nothing to do with what I was pointing out.

Saying, "Ya'll" would entail I was QQ'ing over the dragons when I could care less that they've all been killed off (for the most part). I think you misinterpreted what I was saying, and should read more carefully next time.

Coming from the guy in which I was quoting. Also saying y'all is directed at everyone QQing about their presence on freedom. You should read more carefully next time as well as read your own post before posting.

sorry bud I can't read today apparently.

wurm.20120107_.1050_.jpg

Hope they cant bash walls or anything

Its loose now lol i called a GM nothing else we can do against it this is horrible rolf

I agree with Wulfgar, If we wanted unkillable mobs that can catch you in a wagon and throw you out and kill you all while taking no damage. We would play on the other servers. This Is BS!!

still manage to solo one with a 1fs libila priest!

i am wondering what ROLf is thinking, putting those on inde is a really bad idea. i guess that what happen when the guy in charge never play the game is making.

That's great Jock, I'm impressed but, the point I'm makeing is you had a choice to fight. I didn't! I enjoy the building part of the game

These creatures automatically die of 7 days real life time roughly, my champion spirit died over night while i had it dominated off-deed, and caged up. I asked a friend on another server information about theirs and it has died due to unknown reasons too.

Still have one (drakespirit) currently - so I don't think they die off timed.  I actually had two - one that was dom'd with a light wound, which I had bandaged.  I thought that was enough, but logged in the next morning and it was dead.  Apparently even a slight wound can kill them over time (wound was done with self-healers demise weapon).  Perhaps a healing cover would have worked?

Anyway, the dom'd one with the wound died, and the unwounded/undom'd one lived, and I still have today (now dom'd).  I keep it on deed and do feed it regularly though ;)

These creatures automatically die of 7 days real life time roughly, my champion spirit died over night while i had it dominated off-deed, and caged up. I asked a friend on another server information about theirs and it has died due to unknown reasons too.

Still have one (drakespirit) currently - so I don't think they die off timed.  I actually had two - one that was dom'd with a light wound, which I had bandaged.  I thought that was enough, but logged in the next morning and it was dead.  Apparently even a slight wound can kill them over time (wound was done with self-healers demise weapon).  Perhaps a healing cover would have worked?

Anyway, the dom'd one with the wound died, and the unwounded/undom'd one lived, and I still have today (now dom'd).  I keep it on deed and do feed it regularly though ;)

I was talking to a animal handler friend of mine recently, she mentioned that the best food to feed these drakesprits is typically newbies. I can provide at least a few each day, for a small fee. (taming and shipping isn't cheap these days!)

Whooooo bring it on!!!  8)

IKR!

sign me up. i wanna roam the freedom cluster killin these nasties.

[17:01:42] Young son of nogump is dead. R.I.P.

just soloed it with my 45faith lib priest :)

[17:01:42] Young son of nogump is dead. R.I.P.

just soloed it with my 45faith lib priest :)

Sounds like Rolf reversed the nerf mentioned in the news, instead of making them harder on Epic he made them harder on Freedom.

::)

Then you didn't actually solo it.

Of course he did! It's just like getting a slayer title - attack something, do no damage, call guards/rely on uniques, reap titles/rewards.

Legit.

Then you didn't actually solo it.

Of course he did! It's just like getting a slayer title - attack something, do no damage, call guards/rely on uniques, reap titles/rewards.

Legit.

Legit? Yes

Too legit? Maybe

Solo? Nope

so 100dmg made by me is not solo?

Did you tank it solo?

I have a fell questions which no one answered, if possible can someone answear then?. If possible dont bash me by my "engrish" I still not so good whit it and do some weird mistakes.

1. you fighted then inside your deed on freedom ? or inside a deed of a losing kingdon on Epic ?

2. you fighted near towers guards of your own kingdon ?

3. you fighted near a area of influence of the losing god of the epic server ?

4. you noticed that "spirit templars" of losing deitys or target deitys cannot harm them ?

5. sorry for being rude now but, do you remenber that are the Deytis of your Kingdon that provides the Ubber deed guards called "Spirit Templars" ??

6. Anyone tried diferent weapons combos and the most far as can from any sign of a target deity or target kingdon vilages and towers ?

7. Anyone noticed that they do drop the same thing as on Epic ? but there has no reset ?

8. Anyone remenber when the first dragon  of wurm was killed? no much people at that time had know the uses of its drops , have they ?

9.why they drop itens whit strange names that resemble overpowered but has no use right now ?

10. why Rolf is bringing something from Epic to Freedom, when it should be staying on Epic ?

11. and why he insisty on it since there has no reset and the "overpowered name" items will stay here and dont vanishe?

12. I know that newbies are rage quiting but, does anyone even remenber that much more quited at the time when forges and ovens where painfully slow ? mostly on Old "Golden Valey trial server" to be sure you remenber or doesnt know that, sorry for sounding rude.

13. does anyone get a glimpse that on Epic, people can use the drops of the invasion mobs, on a really near future time, to make something as epic as dragon armour ?

14. Does anyone remenber that Rolf said "Players will writh their names on the History of the game, by becoming demi-god and later a complete deity. And will be others way too in the future"?

15. what happens to a epic item made out of things coming from a god-like dimension when the Epic server reset ? its goes to the next "stage" of the Hystory as a relic? or its vanishes whit the resets?

16. anyone remenber that freedom has no reset ?

17. anyone have thinked about what the DEV team said recently ? just to be sure you know. They Plan to make Rivers and bridges. does he plan to reset the freedom isles to it has these rivers and bridges ?

18. if mobs are coming from Epic server whenever a scenario mission is completed, does the Terrafor events will come too ?

19. Does anyone remenber of the mension of meteorites faling whit rare minerals, that could make the infamous "Mythril" and "adamantine" lumps ?

20. Does anyone remenber that rolf promised to bring new updates to the Freedom servers, to people dont think he is just focusing on the Epic server ?

21. does anyone knows how hard is to make a decent game or worse a decent MMO? if dont, compare the DEV team of Batlefield 3, Skyrim, Call  of Duty: modern warfare 3 , whit the DEV team of Wurm Online. If you dont noticed the diference i will tell you, lots of slaves Employers and tons of power Money, and the DEV team has no Slaves and no power compared to theyr DEV team thats why they are Indie developers, but still. dont the DEV team of Wurm Online have reached something even better by focusing on gameplay and dont just graphics , and now they will have new models and animations  8 ;D, which means better graphic at least to anyone whit a decent computer as it is right now  8).

22. A personal question from myself to everione that read up to here, Does you know that is more easy to recycle something than create new ones? i am not talking about nature protectors on reallife , i am talking about coding and things made to games, mostly if it is from your own Game.

23. anyone is not bored of just building things for nothing, just for show ? if theres no one bored of it could i ask to  Help me Build some sort of basic training area at the exodus spawn point , caled vilage of Esert ? or at least rebuild these damm roads on a proper way ?

24. Why do we have skills and no more a wild server to emigrate?

25. Why do wild become Chaos and PVP here still works ?

26. I wil repeat what they said before, i  think, does Freedom servers are a sandbox server or a sandbox MMO server whit PVE? because Epic is a sandbox MMO server whit PVE and PVP.

27. does why we only have a few monster that is of the liking of MVP Players , and never a new one respawn?? by MVP i mean, Mostly Valent Player(s), like the players that slay Dragons and uniques and get the one time reward.

28. Does anyone noticed that Rolf is doing a HEAVY CODING on the freedom isles servers right now ?? because i notice a lot of these heavy changes and mostly people dont.

29. could we stop the rage at me right now and get back to the real meaning of this Topic what Rolf is planing whit these things and what we already know about then, and to the main point of this area of the forum, to discus something about a new thing on the game related to the treadh?

@switch on topic mode

Actualy they are kinda fun to play whit, I penned one in a maze stile woden fence and he killed me ,the time that i had to go back and see if he break out of it, I was seeing the "Son of Nogump" walking around the maze , that was bit of a "loop hole" and he was runing really fast until he noticed that was penned and bashed down a line straight to freedom, and me on a top of a mountain  :( but i learned that is possible to land whit no damage  8). Now i will get to hunt him on Exodus and try to play a lot of "catch and trow" whit him and see how far he can send wath he catch ;D.

PS: Spirit templar do no damage to then, dont fight inside deeds, dont fight near area of god/goddes influence, If no one had killed certain things we will dont have the spirit dragons send by, i think was magranon, but i am prety sure was Libila  8), that send the spirit dragons to punishe the death of the avatar of Libila, and have called Nogump "the giant whose his dumbnes is great as his body" to help her, assiting on the revenge  against the people that dont even respect their own goddes avatar, and then libila tamed nogump  >:(. Basicaly we are paying by our sins against Vynora, not by her hands but by her best friend who think we are making she a fool. So stop complainig about the spawns because it started whit the assasination of one of the avatars  ;D. if it was a bug it will have vanished in 7 days or rolf removed it, but i believe not, he is just bringing some neath porweful rewards from epic to Freedom isles. Thats my point of view bash me about my point of view how much you desire  :P. Maybe i take part of your point of view and add to myne if you dont care and convince me that its better or mine need a correction  :D.