Sign in to follow this  
zadar

Oh no. Some Sons of Nogump have arrived on inde.

Something Cerber picked up on; They are not Self-Healers so give it a badwound and wait an hour or two and it'll be dead.

Is Epic broken or something?  It just seems like to me random crap is spawning now with no reason.  Uttachas, then Drakespirits, followed super quickly by Deathcrawler Minions, and now NoGump (whatever that crap is).  I thought they were only to spawn after one God wins a scenario, but they seem to just be randomly spawning different ones. 

Is Epic broken or something?  It just seems like to me random crap is spawning now with no reason.  Uttachas, then Drakespirits, followed super quickly by Deathcrawler Minions, and now NoGump (whatever that crap is).  I thought they were only to spawn after one God wins a scenario, but they seem to just be randomly spawning different ones.

idk 

I thought you guys were moving game pieces or whatever that "mission" stuff was.  If no game pieces are being moved and all this stuff is randomly appearing then my guess is something got borked.  Or  Rolf got bored and wanted to see some whines happening on the forums for chiz n gigs /shrugs

rumors must be false mine healed from 57 to 0

Was it a 57 damage single wound?

How many times has the Valrei critters spawned?  I know the Uttachas spawn like, a couple times a day (ofc, Vynora won last scenario), but the other ones only spawned once I thought, and that's when both home server and elevation finished their god's mission.

I kinda like how they spawn when the god gets help from both servers, but dunno.  I don't like the whole spawning on deed and bashing their walls down thing. 

Im guessing its still there then, Im for hire if you dont want to make friends ;)

well there's a nonsensical counter/statement

which part confuzzed ya, the part where he can have friends help kill it or the part where he can hire someone to come kill it.  maybe its was just the general thought that it may still be alive that was confusing.  anyway, sorry for making that statement so nonsensical that you couldnt understand it, ill try to dumb things down a bit more in the future jfu

ummm

wow

seriously, let's not drag this in to another arguement. we're always so hostile towards each other here... ha.

on a more on topic note, maybe a kill squad should be organized, a local militia, that will travel between villages affected by these uber spawns and free these villages from the oppressive beasties that look oddly human.

The only guaranteed method to test something is to release it into the wild  ;D

I agree with Wulfgar's position on this issue. I am at a loss as to why Rolf continues to impose these destructive forces upon the general population puting us in the position of being forced to deal with them.

Trolls on a rampage bashing down walls, tunneling mobs ruining carefully constructive mines. A better option would be to make these type of destructive mob situations available to those that wished to participate in their antics through their own choice.

Trying to force people into group situations to deal with these newer uber mobs will not succeed. To those who enjoy spending their time dealing with these mobs, that's fine with me but don't try to put me into the position where I am forced to do the same as well. Simple fix, uber mobs don't attack you unless you attack them first.

And remove troll wall bashing and tunneling mob AI in conjunction with making a way for us to repair all the mine floor damage already done.

=Ayes=

I agree with Wulfgar's position on this issue. I am at a loss as to why Rolf continues to impose these destructive forces upon the general population puting us in the position of being forced to deal with them.

Trolls on a rampage bashing down walls, tunneling mobs ruining carefully constructive mines. A better option would be to make these type of destructive mob situations available to those that wished to participate in their antics through their own choice.

Trying to force people into group situations to deal with these newer uber mobs will not succeed. To those who enjoy spending their time dealing with these mobs, that's fine with me but don't try to put me into the position where I am forced to do the same as well. Simple fix, uber mobs don't attack you unless you attack them first.

And remove troll wall bashing and tunneling mob AI in conjunction with making a way for us to repair all the mine floor damage already done.

=Ayes=

+1

Its great that people are enjoying themself so much with these overpowered new mobs flooding the Freedom Isles everytime some mission is completed on Epic,

but I can assure you its not good for retaining new players at all. With the premium graph on a steady downhill I would think it was a priority to keep new players

instead of pleasing 5 year veterans.

Keep them off Freedom Isles, we have nothing to do with Epic, turn them loose on Chaos if you want.

This.

=Ayes=

And this.

Rolf... if I wanted to play on Epic, I would go to Epic! I'm playing for, like 4 years now? My FS is 2 or 3. Can't remember. I don't care. I have a templar to deal with mobs above a rat. Remove those from Freedom. Period.

Seems Rolf remains convinced that everybody would love Epic if they just tried it.  So now he's going to force feed Epic to everybody.  This shows complete lack of understanding of the customer demographic.  Look at the server statistics.  Even now, most players play on Freedom.  There is a reason!

Random griefing of the Freedom customer base is not going to make the game more fun for those players.  These invulnerable mobs running around and executing players is not enjoyable.  We have to work too hard for our skills to just randomly lose them.  As I've stated in multiple posts, random griefing of deed fences by trolls is not enjoyable either.  Freedom is not about random "acts of god" - that's supposed to be Epic.

Seems some folk (I noticed Chaos) might like killing these mobs.  One solution might be to greatly reduce aggro range on Freedom.  Unlike Epic, Freedom is completely unorganized to respond to a threat.  Reduced aggro would at least let folk gather to have a look at a mob, and then those gathered could organize to fight it.  Or watch those better skilled fighting it.  Now everybody simply runs from the area because we don't want to lose our skills - they're too hard to earn/recover on Freedom.

It also seems these recent events were not well thought out.  There isn't even a model for a drakespirit or son of nogump on Freedom.  So, if it's a bug - please fix it.  If it's not a bug, please rethink it.  But getting griefed every Friday by the same "no model" little guy is getting old!

The spawns should be passive on Freedom, and aggro on Chaos. Uniques do at least stay within their "nest" most of the time, and are actually meant to be on the server.

Perhaps freedomers should deal with the fact that their server is turning into a pve server, and not a sandbox.

These creatures automatically die of 7 days real life time roughly, my champion spirit died over night while i had it dominated off-deed, and caged up. I asked a friend on another server information about theirs and it has died due to unknown reasons too.

Perhaps freedomers should deal with the fact that their server is turning into a pve server, and not a sandbox.

Maybe freedomers do not want an uber-mob PvE server? It's enough of PvE as it already was, with the bears, scorpions, spiders, trolls and all others. At least the templars killed them.

Maybe freedomers do not want an uber-mob PvE server? It's enough of PvE as it already was, with the bears, scorpions, spiders, trolls and all others. At least the templars killed them.

Freedom is a PvE server, not a sandbox.

Things like this were to happen naturally anyways.

No need to feed the troll, we don't want him to get fat.

So.

Another broken model?

Btw, the TL;DR version of this thread:

Something strong spawned on freedom, that wasn't a dragon. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Something strong spawned on freedom, that wasn't a dragon. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Exactly why everyone is QQing... Theirs only one per freedom server, people asked for them to be kept around but turned down so they didn't mass spawn. I bet if he respawned dragons y'all wouldn't QQ.

I thought they spawned several places but only one and one, instead of those packs of 5-10. If it's only one per server, i don't really care about it.

Can't go a day without someone screaming dragon

Pretty mean little buggers, we killed one on Wild today.

[15:47:42] Young son of nogump picks up and throws Venerable champion crocodile!

Exactly why everyone is QQing... Theirs only one per freedom server, people asked for them to be kept around but turned down so they didn't mass spawn. I bet if he respawned dragons y'all wouldn't QQ.

Don't bring another topic into this one, that is not the subject of this discussion and has absolutely nothing to do with what I was pointing out.

Saying, "Ya'll" would entail I was QQ'ing over the dragons when I could care less that they've all been killed off (for the most part). I think you misinterpreted what I was saying, and should read more carefully next time.

This dif between those new mobs and even a bear to a new player isnt all that much.

Sure, except that all current mobs except roaming uniques they could drag to tower or deed guards and have them killed, also actually outrun them.

Being kept a prisoner inside ones house or deed for 3 days is not fun, I hope it happens to you one day though.

Maybe we could add non-epic related strong mobs to Freedom when they are actually well-populated, and we don't live 30 minutes from any neighbours.

You can basicly do the same thing, call guards on 1 then run. Heh ya It did happen to me with drake spirits and Is also why Im bothering to say to you that they are not as bad as your reporting they are.

I had 50FS at the time , a Q31 axe and wearing Q28-30 leather armor and solo killed a drake spirit (was a very long fight but none the less)  after that fight I went out searching for more to kill, was as exhilerating to me as it was on Wild back in my day just without the token drain.  Sure I lost a few walls too but ehh wasnt too hard to replace, I mean its not like it takes a week to plug a few holes.

My ONLY issue with them is risk/reward, they are a very high end mob yet the drops on them are not anything near the risk to fight, unless im missing something with the "val items"?  I guess if anything it opens the door for  craftable drop items that falls between plate/drakes and fills that void area.

Sorry,  I do not  believe you 'solo'd' a drake spirit with that equipment and skill. ;P

We had 3 people with around 70 fs, 80+ ql armor and weapons and 2 fo priests healing and it was a tough fight.

DrakeSpirit.jpg

These things are as tough [at least] and have the same broken aggro range and speed the drake spirits did the first time.

I can tell you the Drake Spirts had a smaller aggro range and slightly reduced speed the second spawn but were just as tough to fight.  That is fine by me as long as someone can avoid them that does not have the skill/ desire to fight them.