Sign in to follow this  
zadar

Oh no. Some Sons of Nogump have arrived on inde.

I casted reveal creatures after the message appeared. I found one in local and went to search for it, I find out its part way up our mountain road. It catches me and bashed me a bot before throwing me off the cliff!

I lured it back to deed for a fight and only manage to scratch it. 0.60 wounds with a 80ql large maul with no enchants. 1.5 to 2.0 damage a hit in the neck. After being slaughtered I went for a smite only dealing 36 damage with it. I had to log and I struggeled to get a second smite in. Good luck folks!

This is awesome. sign me up for the group that goes between freedom isles killing these things.

The "nogump" makes me wonder if this is recycling of the old children feature?

Sorry for completing the epic mission for those mobs today... Oo

Sorry for completing the epic mission for those mobs today... Oo

GET YOUR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!

AngryMob.jpg

Just kidding, snakey  ;)

Its great that people are enjoying themself so much with these overpowered new mobs flooding the Freedom Isles everytime some mission is completed on Epic,

but I can assure you its not good for retaining new players at all. With the premium graph on a steady downhill I would think it was a priority to keep new players

instead of pleasing 5 year veterans.

Keep them off Freedom Isles, we have nothing to do with Epic, turn them loose on Chaos if you want.

Its great that people are enjoying themself so much with these overpowered new mobs flooding the Freedom Isles everytime some mission is completed on Epic,

but I can assure you its not good for retaining new players at all. With the premium graph on a steady downhill I would think it was a priority to keep new players

Keep them off Freedom Isles, we have nothing to do with Epic, turn them loose on Chaos if you want.

dis

dis

Actually, I love the idea of special, ubertough mobs on chaos.

turn them loose on Chaos.

i rather like these things, but as it was said "ubertough mobs on chaos +1"

A group of some of our best fighter/hunters killed one on Serenity last night at Lightshore.  The battle was well over an hour.  My contribution consisted of being another target for the speedy little guy to hit and throw around.  ;). The aftermath was ugly, guards and bodies strewn everywhere!

Good job to all involved!  I'm only aware of this one dropping a glowing orb.  Perhaps others can provide more details.

On a side note:  I did get thrown *into* a tall stone wall.  Took a /stuck and a re-log to get out of it. 

... flooding the Freedom Isles...

Its only 1 per freedom server.... Not flooding the server like they did prior to update earlier this week.... So no keep them here its enjoyable.. The steady decline in premium graphing is due to epic not freedom.

dis

Actually, I love the idea of special, ubertough mobs on chaos.

How about no? You don't even play wild / chaos, just another reason to not play the server with ubermobs running around...

Its only 1 per freedom server.... Not flooding the server like they did prior to update earlier this week.... So no keep them here its enjoyable.. The steady decline in premium graphing is due to epic not freedom.

You are obviously wrong.

In exodus y14 x5 in my deed called pera.

I somehow had one of these things spawn right on top of me on Exodus at X47 Y24. I was sailing in a rowboat, and luckily I got away before it could hit me.

Thats 2 on Exodus, that was reported on the forums. Since only a huge minority cares to post on the forums, there could be many more.

Also do you have any evidence that no-one has ragequit on Freedom because of drakespirits etc.?

I have evidence that multiple new players have left the game because of drakespirits.

5+ 70fs players in drake/scale with highly enchanted weapons have problems with mobs that spawn almost daily, try putting yourself in the shoes of a newly started player.

And it still makes no sense whatsoever that mobs spawn on Freedom servers because of Epic missions. These 2 server clusters are completely unrelated

A group of some of our best fighter/hunters killed one on Serenity last night at Lightshore.  The battle was well over an hour.  My contribution consisted of being another target for the speedy little guy to hit and throw around.  ;). The aftermath was ugly, guards and bodies strewn everywhere!

Good job to all involved!  I'm only aware of this one dropping a glowing orb.  Perhaps others can provide more details.

On a side note:  I did get thrown *into* a tall stone wall.  Took a /stuck and a re-log to get out of it.

yep we managed to kill it after being thrown around like rag dolls  billion times...but it was a 'Powerful Orb'

This dif between those new mobs and even a bear to a new player isnt all that much.  I remember getting 1 hit by a troll while carrying 15 gems and enough silver for a deed.  I never did find that body  ::) 

The new mobs help with longer retention for mid levels as well as redirects some of the game towards cooperative play.  Its been kinda nice actually having locals friend me to help with new mobs and pm me when a new one shows up vise versa if one shows at my place.

IMO Wurm should be just as hard to survive later stages as it is early stages, its one of the appeals of Wurm. 

This dif between those new mobs and even a bear to a new player isnt all that much.

Sure, except that all current mobs except roaming uniques they could drag to tower or deed guards and have them killed, also actually outrun them.

Being kept a prisoner inside ones house or deed for 3 days is not fun, I hope it happens to you one day though.

Maybe we could add non-epic related strong mobs to Freedom when they are actually well-populated, and we don't live 30 minutes from any neighbours.

This dif between those new mobs and even a bear to a new player isnt all that much.

Sure, except that all current mobs except roaming uniques they could drag to tower or deed guards and have them killed, also actually outrun them.

Being kept a prisoner inside ones house or deed for 3 days is not fun, I hope it happens to you one day though.

Maybe we could add non-epic related strong mobs to Freedom when they are actually well-populated, and we don't live 30 minutes from any neighbours.

You can basicly do the same thing, call guards on 1 then run. Heh ya It did happen to me with drake spirits and Is also why Im bothering to say to you that they are not as bad as your reporting they are.

I had 50FS at the time , a Q31 axe and wearing Q28-30 leather armor and solo killed a drake spirit (was a very long fight but none the less)  after that fight I went out searching for more to kill, was as exhilerating to me as it was on Wild back in my day just without the token drain.  Sure I lost a few walls too but ehh wasnt too hard to replace, I mean its not like it takes a week to plug a few holes.

My ONLY issue with them is risk/reward, they are a very high end mob yet the drops on them are not anything near the risk to fight, unless im missing something with the "val items"?  I guess if anything it opens the door for  craftable drop items that falls between plate/drakes and fills that void area.

50fs and 50ql armor/weapon wont kill a nogump, and whether guards distract them or otherwise is of little pertinence when they're on your deed, killing your spirit guards every time they respawn.

50fs and 50ql armor/weapon wont kill a nogump, and whether guards distract them or otherwise is of little pertinence when they're on your deed, killing your spirit guards every time they respawn.

Being on a deed wasnt the issue that was brought up, it was being a newb and running into one.  If you own a deed, your past the original newb issues. 

Im personally obtaining as many friends in the local as I can so when one pops i can get some people there.  Ideal way to meet new people and make some good friends imo

You can basicly do the same thing, call guards on 1 then run. Heh ya It did happen to me with drake spirits and Is also why Im bothering to say to you that they are not as bad as your reporting they are.

I had 50FS at the time , a Q31 axe and wearing Q28-30 leather armor and solo killed a drake spirit (was a very long fight but none the less)

Perhaps that helps... The original point was new player retention, nogumps run 20km/h, throw you, stun you, deal a lot of damage. That's not good for me, and I'm by no means a newb, that surely isn't good for new players. I tried a large maul on one, dealt 2 .4 damage wounds and hid back in the house before it threw my butt off the horse, chased me down and smacked me to death like they had numerous times before.

Im guessing its still there then, Im for hire if you dont want to make friends ;) 

Im guessing its still there then, Im for hire if you dont want to make friends ;)

well there's a nonsensical counter/statement

well there's a nonsensical counter/statement

which part confuzzed ya, the part where he can have friends help kill it or the part where he can hire someone to come kill it.  maybe its was just the general thought that it may still be alive that was confusing.  anyway, sorry for making that statement so nonsensical that you couldnt understand it, ill try to dumb things down a bit more in the future jfu

got it down to 57dmg with my 44faith libila priest, then i ran out of guards.... ima get him in round 2 thou