Sign in to follow this  
Fezdani

What animals would you add, if you could?

..Yeah, we need more uniques, they've been causing no issues at all. 

Pack mules

The kind you can ride on steep terrain and use a few behind you as pack animals. Its not a lot of diversity from horses but it could add some variety to game. Mules are slow but can be ridden (climb) over very steep terrain. Or just a plain pack animal you lead behind you.

For pictures google "grand canyon mule tours"

Although men never walked the earth with dinosaurs ide like to see some sort of form of large reptile animals which might give out a new armour type or something interested.

I also agree that there is a lack of animals to kill from 1-20.

Something i would love to see is flying animals that can be killed using only archery or finding nests that they resign to for perionds of time, would be fun in my eyes xD

Sheep, Bison, and Elk for the lower levels

For the medium levels: Elephants, Griffons, Minotaurs, Mermaids, Fixed Trolls

For the higher levels: Harpies, Ogres, Centaurs, Mammoths

• Like 1

Kangaroos, champion Lava Fiends, monkeys, tigers,

lava fiends are some of my favorites.

it's mostly the "this isnt' a real critter." and "this is pretty unique to wurm" feeling i get killing them.

champion lava fiends, but can we breed them? :D

How bout rock Golems

rockCreatureConcept.png

They look like boulders till you get close to it

X3seD.png

• Like 1

I would like to see at the very least every species archetype as exists in RL, including insects. The same goes for flora as well as fauna.

Kangaroos, champion Lava Fiends, monkeys, tigers,

we've got gorillas

just throwing this out there but what about NPC's such as Bandits or Outlaws? spawned around a pillar or some stone structure instead of a rustle or something, they could drop ironcoins in small amounts possibly? i know people may think thats just going down WoW route or something but it might be nice to go in groups to hunt a group of bandits.

just throwing this out there but what about NPC's such as Bandits or Outlaws? spawned around a pillar or some stone structure instead of a rustle or something, they could drop ironcoins in small amounts possibly? i know people may think thats just going down WoW route or something but it might be nice to go in groups to hunt a group of bandits.

No to dropping coins, but having low ql tools and weapons set up for a one-time npc village or something would be neat.

could give PvE servers the aspect of raiding, and actually have large areas of prebuilt stuff for bandits that freedomers can go out to fight.

freedom needs more pve and less sandbox

Something i would love to see is flying animals that can be killed using only archery or finding nests that they resign to for perionds of time, would be fun in my eyes xD

That would be really interesting, especially if those animals had some kind of ranged attacks of their own. For example a giant wasp that shoots it's stinger instead of stinging like a normal wasp. Stuff like that would add some extra dimensions to pve combat, since right now all creatures pretty much just melee attack you.

And since the flying stuff might not work right on the engine right now (else I figure we'd have flying dragons), just make it fake flying. Make them untargetable by melee attacks and animate the model as if it's flying above the ground, but server wise it would be no different from any of the walking creatures for handling movement, so it wouldn't change altitude, etc. Of course it does have the disadvantage that you can't do a thing against it if you don't have a bow, a couple of simple ranged weapons would most likely help there. For example add an easy to make sling, which you can fire as long as you have a rock shards in inventory, which slowly loses weight while you use the sling. It should be quite weak, but getting ammo for it doesn't require much effort, making it a perfect as an early ranged weapon. There could also be iron/steel bullets that you could use as ammo for it.

Taking ranged attacks further, for the lower levels you could add a giant porcupine, so again a magical creature that's slightly different from a real porcupine. It could shoot and regenerate it's needles (totally stole that from the game Impossible Creatures, though it wouldn't suprise me if they got the idea somewhere else) and if you get close it could roll up into a ball and charge at you in that form. Make it so the needles are quite strong (in an armor penetration way), so armor doesn't make the creature ineffective and possibly make it so that you can make new kinds of arrows from those needles.

Or a giant skunk that can stun an entire group with it's special attack, after which it might flee, making it a real pita to take on with melee weapons.

Creatures that fight in different ways from what we have now would really help make pve even more dynamic and interesting.

As for extra intelligent creatures like goblins, how about lizard men? Could be found mostly near water and swamps and strength wise be between goblins and trolls.

No to dropping coins, but having low ql tools and weapons set up for a one-time npc village or something would be neat.

could give PvE servers the aspect of raiding, and actually have large areas of prebuilt stuff for bandits that freedomers can go out to fight.

yeah seems cool even fake deeds on epic servers hidden for missions or something? find the deed kill all the npc's/guards and drain it or something xD ive had no sleep for 24hours and im sat in college bored so im just gona keep pumping ideas out

Make instances ow and battle arena for pvp :) lols would be fun!

Make instances ow and battle arena for pvp :) lols would be fun!

instances with a series of bosses etc lols and a pvp arena where you can challange a kingdom in a 5v5 and it will teleport both teams to a set map for battle lols mainstream ftw!

This is a bit of what i was trying to get at with my post... something to do in this sandbox.

troll king, is one mob. just one.

we need some cool new stuff roaming, in packs, some sort of troll fortress set up that you've gotta seige. the camp can remain, the mobs could respawn, with the leader spawn being rare, a once a month kind of thing.

but this is getting to an entire different thread.

polar bears, seals, moose, elk, things like that would be great.

Ghouls that feed off of corpses to gain strength.  Alignment bump for killing them.  Drop components for... (future) poisons?

• Like 1

I feel this may lead to confusion or influence bad behavior in the future, if left Human bandits. A new player seeing they can get loot by raiding one of these fake deeds would then try to ' raid' a real deed.  ???

I do like the idea tho.  Perhaps a new rival humanoid race like trogladites, or Ogres as I proposed before that lived in villages that randomly spawned when a deed expired due to lack of maintenance.  Then there would be the low ql tools and weapons the mobs dropped and possibly some good items left behind by previous owners worth fighting for.  8)

This is a bit of what i was trying to get at with my post... something to do in this sandbox.

troll king, is one mob. just one.

we need some cool new stuff roaming, in packs, some sort of troll fortress set up that you've gotta seige. the camp can remain, the mobs could respawn, with the leader spawn being rare, a once a month kind of thing.

but this is getting to an entire different thread.

polar bears, seals, moose, elk, things like that would be great.

I find if you add things like a troll city though it'll change the whole prospect of the game and become a whole different game

As a Welshman, I'd like to see Sheep.

Drops wool. :D

There will be sheep. Someday. There will be sheep.

I'm definitely one that would vote for sheep as well.  Wool shears as an item, used on sheep to obtain wool.

And of course it'd produce meat when killed and butchered.

I would add champion boars, hyenas, gorillas and anacondas, as well as greenish, ragin etc, varieties. I would also make them tameable or able to dominate, it is stup[id they are religious creatures with no use.

Chapion pheasants (mountable) chickens, cows and the like.

You should also be able to mount the above.

P.S. Please add the above, my birthday is coming up and I would like a gorilla farm, thanks.

i'd quite like a revamp of the animal system currently,

so its more like stages of the animal growing up rather than the whole 'slow' - 'greenish' idea.

like say -

wolf cub

wolf

elder wolf

and have the wolf cubs follow the wolfs around, and the elder wolfs just about occasioanlly but as the strongest form for a wolf.  could still include things like 'fierce' and 'slow' within that kinda hierachy, but i think it'd be a nice aproach.

also, +1 to the more weaker animals, strong tree creatures and ogres.

guys! I have a great idea

guys, listen hey, hey. guys hey listen.

guys what if we

what if we put in SHARKS

guys hey listen listen guys hey SHARKS that

listen, DRAG. guys listen DRAG people away from their boats.

game of the freakin' year.