Sign in to follow this  
Fezdani

What animals would you add, if you could?

Black-Panther-34518.jpeg

not brushing your teeth has been proven to be bad for ones health.

In all my necro deep delves how did I miss this????

Kiss of Death Mermaids... A siren singing mermaid that lures sailors to a kiss. If the sailor chooses to take the chance a good kiss gets a good reward from the watery depths, say a shiny black pearl? While a bad kiss results in a potentially deadly poisoning.

Still would love to see bioluminescent cave creatures as well. Something other than lava spiders to illuminate those dull dreary caves.

• Goats
  • Rabbits - attack rabbits with big sharp pointy teeth
  • Antipodeans - extant (I am thinking Aussie ones; others can think of other ones)  e.g. macropods, cassowaries, wedge-tailed eagles, goannas/perentis/lace monitors, devils)
  • Antipodeans - extinct  e.g.  thylacine, thylacoleo
  • Mûmakil

• Like 1

How about something that gives life to forests and makes it feel realistic? 

Birds. 

We have no flying birds in Wurm. We can ocassionally see an eagle circling but that's about it. 

Seas and beaches should have seagulls. Forests should have woodpeckers. Deeds and bigger places should have sparrows and pidgeons. 

Can even make em partially interractive by dropping seeds for them to have them perch on your walls or statues or rooftops. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, elentari said:

How about something that gives life to forests and makes it feel realistic? 

Birds. 

We have no flying birds in Wurm. We can ocassionally see an eagle circling but that's about it. 

Seas and beaches should have seagulls. Forests should have woodpeckers. Deeds and bigger places should have sparrows and pidgeons. 

Can even make em partially interractive by dropping seeds for them to have them perch on your walls or statues or rooftops. 

Please, please, please make this come true. I've wanted seagulls and pigeons for ages.   yes to being able to feed them and them perching on objects.  That would be cool.  ❤️ love them  :)

1 hour ago, Zexos said:

I've wanted seagulls and pigeons for ages

Ugh, winged rats in two varieties.   😁

Make the ducks visible.

Aussie lyrebirds and scrub turkeys - or even "regular" turkeys.

Ravens and crows would be cool, too.

I miss Aussie natural varieties, fauna AND flora.  There is not a wild animal in Wurm that I can see in the real world (the eagle and the anaconda come close).  Apart from the fruit trees and pine, not one of trees in Wurm exists in my world.   

i just want to see some of the stuff i have seen on the SFI server be present on the NFI server, the aquatics from the south would really make boating much more enjoyable IMO also i do understand that the hyenas and gorillas are considered products of the age of gods but the boars could easily fit into any forest biome in NFI, more variety is better more interesting aggresive critters would be welcome for pretty much all levels of fighting

although i would actually like to see a more higher degree of mob in the game....Bandits or brigands even spawned goblin or bandit camps so that the wilder areas have more variety and the world seems more alive

• Like 2

It's been 20 years and i still hear ducks, BUT I DONT SEE THEM.

• Like 1

Invisible ducks quacking:

duck-shuba.gif

Edited by Archaed

On 6/3/2022 at 4:41 AM, kordethbludscythe said:

i just want to see some of the stuff i have seen on the SFI server be present on the NFI server, the aquatics from the south would really make boating much more enjoyable IMO also i do understand that the hyenas and gorillas are considered products of the age of gods but the boars could easily fit into any forest biome in NFI, more variety is better more interesting aggresive critters would be welcome for pretty much all levels of fighting

although i would actually like to see a more higher degree of mob in the game....Bandits or brigands even spawned goblin or bandit camps so that the wilder areas have more variety and the world seems more alive

I like the bandit camp ideas, maybe have camps that are guarded by these and find valuables inside or something. I'm sure there is a lot they could do to make it seem more alive in the game.

Goats would be the one I'd like to see.  While birds and some other background animals like that might seem desirable, I fear the coding required to include flying animals that aren't just background untouchables would be alot of work.

Maybe a way to have domestic cats (not aggro like wildcats currently are) would be a nice option too.

I would love to see existing animals fixed for domestic purposes - chickens, pheasants, deer, and pig.

Right now Deer are annoying because you have to tame them to breed, chickens eat way too much for their size, same with pigs.  Pheasants don't eat at all, I kept having them just starve even in a 1x1 pen. 

Velociraptor's and maybe somthing like the WoW Kodo. We need a bit more strange animals in my opinion. I know Wurm is low fantasy but a bit more would not hurt.

I agree that domestic house cats would be a fantastic addition, and likely a feature many people would enjoy. Especially if there was a way to program them such that their movement inside buildings would allow them to travel onto furniture that currently can have items placed, such as beds, tables, etc.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I probably say a squirrel, the one ran off with my sweet roll!

On 6/7/2022 at 9:50 AM, sweatygopher said:

Pheasants don't eat at all, I kept having them just starve even in a 1x1 pen. 

Use a pet bowl with seeds in it - they will survive (on average they eat about 5 -10 seeds a day, so load the bowl and they will be good for a few days)

On 6/7/2022 at 9:50 AM, sweatygopher said:

Right now Deer are annoying because you have to tame them to breed

Agreed - I can see the first ones you breed being tame required, but maybe make any that are "bred in captivity" not require taming to breed or lead?

• Like 1

Skunks, with a musk attack causing some very unpleasant effects, including notifying others around the afflicted that they smell extremely bad. Should require tomato juice to remove.

It would be outrageously funny to watch people flee from these like they'd never run from a troll. They'd also make an interesting combat pet for anyone brave enough to tame one.