Sign in to follow this  
Dreatern

Dreatern's sketchbook

Well right now most people use the stone coffins for storage, so for decoration.

LOL

I think the dead bodie should be a tombstone

we die and revive, so we have two copies of our body in the world, a bit pointless :D

The tombstone (keeping all items like the dead body) after getting the items back (or stolen) the tombstone disappear.  Would be more acceptable, and are less polygons to be rendered.

IMG_1224.jpg  stock-photo-3795616-bosnian-medieval-tombstone.jpg

Just wanted to post and say that your 3D modelling/painting skills are really excellent Dreatern!

I've been watching this thread progress on my phone the last couple of days but it really is up to a high standard, and while I'm sure you already know that I thought it best to give praise where its due, so keep it up! I know its been mentioned, but definitely consider applying for the art team if you can.

Nytician.

Very impressed, particularly at how quickly you did some of those drawings despite your saying they're easy.  You also got the tone right on the examples.

Nice work.

Thanks guys. the art team is on the way....

I like to create things to practice, and generally i determine how much time i'll do something and i try to achieve this goal. but there are things that can take days, weeks to do.

Well, i also have a Facebook page that is linked to my blog, i put a lot of things there, 2d paint, studies, vector draw, 3D models, digital sculptures, clay sculptures(real) and sometimes texts about games, including the wurm diaries (in Portuguese but easily translatable) has a lot time that I did not write.

https://www.facebook.com/diogosantosdreatern

some posts above Wulfgar talked about wooden benches and coffins

so i trying to do a wood bench, trying to be as simple as possible with a medieval style and with hand painted texture.  I have a certain fetish for painted textures, I'm really not a fan of textures from photos, and that way i'm always training painting  ;)

took 6 hours to do, i did a little every day  (painting takes a bit longer)

Real time 3d model with unity player here -> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22781761/3dviewer/woodbench/WebPlayer.html  (with unity free i cant use shadows so, the model look "flat" :( )

wood_bench.jpg

Looks nice, and hand-painted is more fun to do, but it won't look too realistic.  It sort of has a WoW-style to it. 

I like the bottom right one, its like clinker built (Like we would)

Maybe show the nails on the sides holding it together?

Looks very nice indeed, wish I even had an idea how to try to do these kinds of things.

Fur test with fibermesh  ;D

Edited by Dreatern

so these are all done in zbrush and then moved into 3ds max to lower poly count apart from the obv high poly ones youve stated?

so these are all done in zbrush and then moved into 3ds max to lower poly count apart from the obv high poly ones youve stated?

Yes, that's it 98% of these are started in zbrush and then i do the topology in 3ds max

WOLF artistic stylized

Full Size: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nG2pwHQGLBM/Ty7yf0QKsUI/AAAAAAAABfY/v3xTZpD3-J4/s000/wolf.jpg

Edited by Dreatern

(w)Oof.

Bit... Fuzzy...

We want noobs away from wolves, remember.

"You hug the young fat black wolf."

little speed sculpt

""""Lord knows I've tried. I've exhausted every evil plan in my filing cabinet......from A to Y!"""  ;D

ZBrush%2520ScreenGrab01.jpg