Sign in to follow this  
Hrafnhildr

Bring Back JKHome alongside Chaos? Maybe MRHome too?

The last thing we need right now is another server, that said, when the time comes we do need one JKH was a great map.

only if i get both my mountain and its red dargon back  8) 8)

i miss your mountain.

Get us new features like multi story buildings, not new servers, if you want free land go to epic, even home servers have lots of free and good land. BTW, there is still free land somewhere, even on Independence, buy a cog/caravel, dig out 50k of dirt and make ur own private island. :)

And it will give some of us 'freedom' from the gold sellers and let us play the pioneering aspect of the game.  Thats what I like about Wurm.  I could care less about merchants, or if anyone is near me or not.

Well there are 1000 more people playing this game and beleive it or not 80% of them likes to be around players after all this is an MMO. -1 to this they were removed for a reason. Want MRH and JKH?go to epic or deal with it.

LOL

We went from 2 maps to 8 maps in a very short time, and some players still want more maps!?!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Dyson sphere.  But JKHome will do.  There is so much that is superior about JKHome.  Very similar to wild.  The coastline makes so much more sense. the topography is more natural.  Bedrock is much easier to access and mine.  All of the terrain types are better represented.  I must add that MRHome is NOT like this of course, and I shudder thinking of ever setting foot on that map again, I only mention it now to be fair.  (Heck, if the beta map is still around lets put it in too, I didn't see that map, but I would like to try it out!)  Every map made since MRHome is sub-par as well.  And the game has suffered I think.

I still do not understand this concept of being too spread out.  Too spread out for what?  For whom?  Why?  What are the exact numbers that are meant?  I disagree about the notion that just because it is an MMO I have to be close to others.  I also reject the hermitage label.  I like to interact with others, just not that many at a time.  And I enjoy my space.  All of this is beside the point though.  As it was said, any server could fill up and we will be shoulder to shoulder again.

I just would like JKHome preserved alongside Wild.  Now is the perfect time.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Dyson sphere.  But JKHome will do.  There is so much that is superior about JKHome.  Very similar to wild.  The coastline makes so much more sense. the topography is more natural.  Bedrock is much easier to access and mine.  All of the terrain types are better represented.  I must add that MRHome is NOT like this of course, and I shudder thinking of ever setting foot on that map again, I only mention it now to be fair.  (Heck, if the beta map is still around lets put it in too, I didn't see that map, but I would like to try it out!)  Every map made since MRHome is sub-par as well.  And the game has suffered I think.

I still do not understand this concept of being too spread out.  Too spread out for what?  For whom?  Why?  What are the exact numbers that are meant?  I disagree about the notion that just because it is an MMO I have to be close to others.  I also reject the hermitage label.  I like to interact with others, just not that many at a time.  And I enjoy my space.  All of this is beside the point though.  As it was said, any server could fill up and we will be shoulder to shoulder again.

I just would like JKHome preserved alongside Wild.  Now is the perfect time.

Afaik rolf doesnt even have the old JK home map... So if he does(which he wont) decide to bring it back(for no reason again because wild is all 1 kingdom) then it will be a different map.

Too spread out for what?  For whom?  Why?  What are the exact numbers that are meant?

For me and for many others. Why? because this game isnt well know and does not have many players to fill up KMs of space. I understand if you want to be alone. In that case go to exodus or the epic home servers.

Overall as many others said it there is no point bringing it back most importantly because

Wild=chaos=all 1 kingdom

1. For me and for many others. Why? because this game isnt well know and does not have many players to fill up KMs of space.

2. Wild=chaos=all 1 kingdom

1.  A very vague statement.  I still do not understand.

2.  It is the map that I care for, not the kingdom. 

Oh yes.  I also suggest that no dragons or uniques of any kind be put on JKHome.  And any products related to other uniques disintegrate upon entry.

Wurm simply doesn't have a player-base large enough to sustain that many servers; they do cost money, and a lot at that.

I have to +1 this... make JKH and MRH PREM only

Because that worked so well in the past, right? Pretty much the day Freedom was opened up to non premiums the playerbase doubled in a matter of months.

Segregating non premiums is NOT a good idea.

And any products related to other uniques disintegrate upon entry.

This would also be a disaster, since everyone and their mother has a drake set these days it will just end up with a server apparently being premium only with the vast majority of premium players wanting nothing to do with it  ???

I disagree.  Wurm has major population shifts at times.  Who knows what would happen if JKHome was brought back. 

There are so many new people that haven't seen this map.  There are also many who haven't seen this game prior to Mol-Rehan being added in (rather haphazardly in my opinion).  There was a good dynamic that existed between JKHome and Wild at the start of Gold 2.  Mycelium for one side and a nice home server for the other.  It wasn't perfect but it was better than what we have now.  People who liked to flock together and interact with the $$$ economy stuff were mainly situated on the western side of JKHome.  Leaving the eastern half for those of us who didn't care about it (Much like "freedom" today).  And of course you could change your mind on a whim and do anything you wanted, it was much more freedom than "freedom" today.  And much more diverse.  All on a much better map suited with something for everyone.  (You could do all of this easily with just ONE account too)

Everything is in a neat little homogenized box these days it seems. 

This is of course, my perspective, based on my experiences and discussions with many in Wild and Home over the years.

I think it is time to re-think this game (again).  It is certainly time to at least prepare to bring back the old JKhome map.

P.S. People are that attached to unique gear eh?  Oh well.  Leave it to a vote maybe then.

I disagree.  Wurm has major population shifts at times.  Who knows what would happen if JKHome was brought back. 

There are so many new people that haven't seen this map.  There are also many who haven't seen this game prior to Mol-Rehan being added in (rather haphazardly in my opinion).  There was a good dynamic that existed between JKHome and Wild at the start of Gold 2.  Mycelium for one side and a nice home server for the other.  It wasn't perfect but it was better than what we have now.  People who liked to flock together and interact with the $$$ economy stuff were mainly situated on the western side of JKHome.  Leaving the eastern half for those of us who didn't care about it (Much like "freedom" today).  And of course you could change your mind on a whim and do anything you wanted, it was much more freedom than "freedom" today.  And much more diverse.  All on a much better map suited with something for everyone.  (You could do all of this easily with just ONE account too)

Everything is in a neat little homogenized box these days it seems. 

This is of course, my perspective, based on my experiences and discussions with many in Wild and Home over the years.

I think it is time to re-think this game (again).  It is certainly time to at least prepare to bring back the old JKhome map.

P.S. People are that attached to unique gear eh?  Oh well.  Leave it to a vote maybe then.

I dont understand why are you so sure that rolf is going to do this...

Bump.

Because it is the right thing to do.

Lol no, [18:29:27] 46 other players are online. (567 totally in Wurm)  this is around peak times.  That's already across 8 servers as is, more servers is a bad idea when you can't even have 100 on each...

The JK-Home map could increase total player numbers.  It is a very nice map that has tons of use-able coastline spots and 3 continents, and a much more predictable and believable topography. No contrived pointy mountains and mile deep dirt layers.  It would encourage the open-space free-form playstyle again instead of this free-market economy stuff that has been happening.  People would play and stay. 

Wild is a good map too but it is currently a mess.  So many good building sites with mines that have been sealed off with reinforcements.

Again, more space is a great thing for wurm.  Well worth the money in my opinion. 

And really, its only 2 real servers and 6 mini servers.  50 is probably a good number for the minis.  Given how spread out people tend to build.  All I am asking is one more real server, and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at that.

And really, its only 2 real servers and 6 mini servers.  50 is probably a good number for the minis. 

Considering that the "mini servers" currently has 100+ online during prime time (freedom servers) and still could hold at least 2 to 3 times that number without being crowded,

it really shows along with you other comment that you haven't even visited the servers. They have tons of usable coastline spots too and a normal dirt layer.

Come on, you of all people know what I mean.  The map is just better then the recent ones.  And with Wild being preserved its only right that this one be there too.  Why abandon it completely?  It would be absurd to never have it in play ever again?

EDIT, oops I had you mixed up with someone else.  You have been to this map I speak of correct?

EDIT, oops I had you mixed up with someone else.  You have been to this map I speak of correct?

Yeah, I get that a lot.

No, I started playing Wurm on Golden Valley about 2 weeks before JKH was shut down, so I didn't bother to go there.

People keep saying its a nice map and all, but it already has been played on and terraformed, its more fun with new maps to explore and settle and

IMO the new smaller maps like Deliverance and Exodus is the way to go for future maps in Wurm.

JKH map was a great map.

If that map gets added with the spawn system Exodus have, then its the best thing that will ever happen to wurm.

The JK-Home map could increase total player numbers.  It is a very nice map that has tons of use-able coastline spots and 3 continents, and a much more predictable and believable topography. No contrived pointy mountains and mile deep dirt layers.  It would encourage the open-space free-form playstyle again instead of this free-market economy stuff that has been happening.  People would play and stay. 

Wild is a good map too but it is currently a mess.  So many good building sites with mines that have been sealed off with reinforcements.

Again, more space is a great thing for wurm.  Well worth the money in my opinion. 

And really, its only 2 real servers and 6 mini servers.  50 is probably a good number for the minis.  Given how spread out people tend to build.  All I am asking is one more real server, and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at that.

And still i think the playerbase isnt big enough.

And do you really think the new server (JKHOME) will bring 300+ new prem accounts? I don't think so.