Sign in to follow this  
Hrafnhildr

Bring Back JKHome alongside Chaos? Maybe MRHome too?

Since Wild has been preserved and revered as Chaos, why have both JKHome and MRHome been allowed to be forgotten?  Some of us put in just as much effort, blood, sweat and tears into these servers as anyone in Wild.  Heck, some things in wild would not have been possible without the dynamic that the home servers provided.

Please consider bringing back one, or preferably, both of these lands.

EDIT:  I am referring to the old JKHome released with Gold 2, and the old MRHome released a bit later.  Not the 

new epic servers.

I can understand the sentiment here, although I personally never played on either JKH or MRH. However, dont you think there are enough servers and land already, without trying to spread the population further ?

I don't think it would be a bad idea to one day when we need more land to bring back the old maps from fresh since people seems to think they were so great.

On the other hand I prefer the new smaller maps (Deliverance and Exodus) and I think lots of new players do too, so I really think any future Freedom servers should be the same size (when we actually need land for new players which we absolutely do not right now)

Diplomatic Deene:

I empathize with you. You've obviously put in alot of sweat and tears you put into such historical monuments and I can see why you want preservation.

Mean Deene:

Suck it up and move on. What you're suggesting offers no real tangible benefit and only results in further spreading of population. It's a smart business decision to NOT bring it back. So deal with it

:)

tbh there are 2 many servers as it is get all your friends too join and maybe we will start filling these ones first ;)

I really don't think it is too much to ask.  And it will give some of us 'freedom' from the gold sellers and let us play the pioneering aspect of the game.  Thats what I like about Wurm.  I could care less about merchants, or if anyone is near me or not.  Having a large, well-designed map like JKHome is essential for this type of play and both additional servers would give more reason for large ships (it looks silly cramming these ships into tiny servers).  Has Wurm become so homogenized that it has lost this aspect I speak of? 

EDIT:  Sorry, put in an extra sentence there.

I really don't think it is too much to ask.  And it will give some of us 'freedom' from the gold sellers and let us play the pioneering aspect of the game.  Thats what I like about Wurm.  I could care less about merchants, or if anyone is near me or not.  Has Wurm become so homogenized that it has lost this aspect I speak of?

Define pioneering? Do you mean in search of virgin land to bulid on? So what happens once people flock to this new server and build on that? What then? Open up a new server for more people to flock to thus creating a vicious cycle and spreading the population even further.

I'd rather the developer increase the decay rate of buildings and this will make it easier to build on ruins and mitigate some of the server hoping going on now. Certainly it's not "pure virgin" land but a compromise. What you are suggesting will only cause further issues. Perhaps not to you but to the entire community.

PS- I think Chaos has tons of virgin land to build on with a huge map and little server population.

More servers is NOT the answer, and it's really what is hurting Wurm right now. 

Thats a bit vague.  Hurting Wurm how?  I don't see it hurting Wurm at all.  More space in a game like Wurm is a GREAT thing.  It is a living breathing world with constellations even.  Everything is there for a person to get by on their own, not be uber, but get by, yes (and even do some remarkable things and wonders).  There will be people who will cluster together.  There will be people who make money off of the game.  There will be loners off in the fringes.  There will be artists making beautiful things. There will be wars for people who like to fight.  There will be some plain WTF things. People will do what they want.  More land just gives more options for players.  I don't want some yahoo paving a public road right next to my place.  I like things spread out.  And I liked JKHome.  I'm sure some folks like MRHome too.

Thats a bit vague.  Hurting Wurm how?  I don't see it hurting Wurm at all. 

Because Wurm doesn't have the current player base for all the servers.  Wild/Chaos and freedom is split between four servers, as is Epic.

You're obviously steadfast on your ideas so I won't attempt to persuade nor grind my feeble forum warrioring skills on you any further.

The point is moot because adding a new server is at the very bottom of the list of priorities for the developer.

aka; ain't gonna happen :)

[02:59:06] <Deene> Forum Warrioring increased by 0.0900 to 15.542 

Thats a bit vague.  Hurting Wurm how?  I don't see it hurting Wurm at all. 

Because Wurm doesn't have the current player base for all the servers.  Wild/Chaos and freedom is split between four servers, as is Epic.

What Gary said, there isn't enough population to even fill the existing servers properly.  The need for another Freedom server - Independence was totally needed.  Was Exdodus?  Nope. 

Whats the point? There are no kingdoms in this cluster anymore and there are already 3 other Freedom servers alongside Chaos.

More servers is NOT the answer, and it's really what is hurting Wurm right now.

I really, really liked the JK Home map - but this.

It sounds to me you like the hermitage lifestyle.  There is still plenty of places for that type of living.  You do have to look for them and they may not be exactly perfect or pristine.  But they are out there.

Whats the point? There are no kingdoms in this cluster anymore and there are already 3 other Freedom servers alongside Chaos.

Honestly I do think that they should be brought back, and PMKs be allowed on them (provided that formation numbers were lowered from 50 to 35 at least and they be "chaos" servers with forced "alliance" to the Freedom kingdom).    What was said earlier, about the pioneering aspect has some merit.    For those that worry about the economy, and the now widespread wurm population I really don't see your point.  If mechanics were invented to get around this using the mailboxes I think that this could be solved.  Perhaps even transport services could flourish now more than ever with how spread-out the wurmians are getting.   

On games like Mortal Online there are ways to send packages via a mail system that uses players to deliver the "packages" that are sent.  If such a system was implemented in multi-server system and a few netural ports established on each server I think that its possible. 

If people are worried about pirates, just setup the system that if a package is pirated, it has no value other than that the pirate can turn in the mission instead  of the taker.    After a certain time limit the mission is considered failed and the goods are returned to the sender at the shipment point it was sent from.  If someone is jacked, he would probably inform the sender and the sender can negotiate a bibe to the "pirate"  as an incentive to complete the mission.    The missions would run completely off of 100 weight named "Package" tokens that appear at the sending points when goods are deposited.  I suppose ppl will complain that it could be exploited, but I trust that we could hash out the details in another thread and figure something out. 

Mechanics like these are what keeps a game interesting.    You don't have to go on panic attacks as the world changes around you, instead you figure out a way to adapt to the changes and think outside the box.   

To me, wurm is about unlimited possibilities, not about a game of thrones, politics, or king of the hill, either in PvP or economics.  When people kill horses and claim that they were doing it because  of the fact that they were breeders themselves I just shake my head and go back to milking my cows, and making my wine.    I just like to sit back and enjoy the game for what it is at heart, which is about making something for yourself and finding your own place in doing something you enjoy.   

The more space we have to fart around in, the better and I'm all for it, no matter how many fear mongers and nervous nellies we have out there stirring up stuff or trying to wrap the game in bubble wrap and hold it to an image of what they want it to be. 

only if i get both my mountain and its red dargon back  8) 8)

Its not like they have to be added now. Simply keep as an option for when the population justifies adding on more space. At least assuming the old MR and JK home map data was preserved...?

The idea is good, to bad we don't have the playerbase right now indeed.

what was so great about this map? does anyone have a copy to share?

Sorry as much as I like Nostalgia this is a bad Idea.

He should be promoting Epic and expanding this Idea not redoing the Past.

I think time just ceased to exist, because Protunia's right.

I think time just ceased to exist, because Protunia's right.

Promoting a broken server, let alone the whole game probably isn't a good idea.

He should be polishing the game, not adding more stuff in.