Sign in to follow this  
Guest Extrusion

Wurm Tool - Updated 03/01/10

Don't know if this already exists, Or if it has been suggested.

But how about a "X server is back up' message, So that if one crashes and someone is waiting for it to come back up. Or someone waiting to see when the server comes back after a reboot can have it done by this program ?

Alright, do to my current situation i am not going to be able to provide constant updates, and i am not even sure when i will be able to access a computer, so i have decided to provide the source for wurm tool, maybe someone else can take over. But i am going to have to move over 3,000 miles away, and drive there at that, so i am gonna be on the road for a while.

Now this is not the neatest or most organized code in the world, if you don't like it or you have something to say about it other than something along the line of "Thanks", keep your mouth shut because i don't want nor do i even care to hear it. I have already had a bunch of people complaining to me because Visual Basic is too "easy"...guess what it's called Visual BASIC, what did you expect?

But yeah, what i am trying to say is this was something for me to learn from. And i hope that others can learn from it too.

The source is available at: http://upload.dragon-spire.com/uploads/Source.zip

It's not very commented besides maybe a few lines, do what you want with it, make your own tool if you like, just please give credit if you use it.

If you are interested in learning visual basic, which will help you get your bearings in programming you can download the free express version here: http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/

I have already had a bunch of people complaining to me because Visual Basic is too "easy"...guess what it's called Visual BASIC, what did you expect?

Is it really wrong with using something that gets the job done ???

Currently severs are down but tool says it is up. Just a heads up.

Currently severs are down but tool says it is up. Just a heads up.

I am having a look at the source now, cause I have noticed the Favor calc isn't quite correct ;) Other than that its an excellent tool. Thanks Extrusion!

would there be any possabilty of someone porting this to linux, as i dont use mickysoft winblows.

would there be any possabilty of someone porting this to linux, as i dont use mickysoft winblows.

not entirely sure, ive tryed using wine and mono, but had no luck.

The source won't compile for me. Can't modify it  :(

I've not downloaded it yet but this looks like a really cool tool :D

Suggestions:

1. Option to put in in the start bar tray at boot up, minimise to there on use of close button. Mouse over the icon shows server status tooltip. Right click options, the same as the tabs = open the tool window with that tab preselected.

2. Option to auto start Wurm when the tool is started. (Probably need to have user modifiable configuration of the url of the WUrm app just in case antything changes)

3. Optional sleek interface mode (ala Wurm gui if possible) with optional Always On Top.

Would be cool to have this as an always on top window title bar that could be popped open whenever you wanted.

4. Configuration file. Allows you to add tabs with custom definition of formulae etc. Something like (whats the name of that damned meta language they use for defining gui's?):

[tab Stats]
[label BodyStrength]
  [display BodyStrength]

etc

Excuse me for being too tired to struggle for the nam of the meta language and more precise example of its syntax.

5. Ability to auto detect character names, create tabs or page for each one read the most recent skills dump file for each character.

Probably half that is already in the tool since it looks like you have your act together. Looking forwad to playing wiht it sometime when I am not half asleep ;)

If people try and call .NET easy - get them to write a full-scale implementation of the HTTP access protocol (ie, a wrapper) and get them to do it within 3 hours using only MSDN as their reference

It's 400+ lines whereas it's bloody 3 in Python D:

If people try and call .NET easy - get them to write a full-scale implementation of the HTTP access protocol (ie, a wrapper) and get them to do it within 3 hours using only MSDN as their reference

It's 400+ lines whereas it's bloody 3 in Python D:

Yes, but in python, it is more you just adding a pre-existing element to your program.

In .NET, you are coding it yourself.

None of the links to download it work any longer, did you mean to take it down?

This does sound like an interesting tool, but the site is down. Any alternate sources?

Ok im sorry about just kinda dissapearing on this, i had some stuff going on and had to take a quick leave...since then my HD is melted and the server it was held on is no longer up.

I was wondering if anyone got a copy of this? i suppose i can start over but i would like to keep building on it.

talk about bad luck, bro, did you include the source with the download or are you SOL? :\

I got 1.0.0.4 (I think) here on my external HDD. Hopefully you can decompile it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1365803/WurmTool.rar

Now convert back to JK so I can PM you in-game. 8)

Wish you would have got to me earlier, we went through alot in-game but i have a town in MR and im just not the type to leave them for no reason, but if a reason ever comes youll be the first i contact.

But yeah thanks alot!

Alright i got it updated to work with the new servers and such, now i just need some ideas!

The client team added some perks when you reach a certain skill where you can mouse over tiles and tile borders to see things you would normally have to examine them for. Perhaps indicate how much more skill you need for these somehow?

Farming, forestry, gardening, and digging all have them.

The client team added some perks when you reach a certain skill where you can mouse over tiles and tile borders to see things you would normally have to examine them for. Perhaps indicate how much more skill you need for these somehow?

Farming, forestry, gardening, and digging all have them.

Sounds good, easily added if i know the level that they become active, im sure it's probably 20 but i need to know for sure.

EDIT: I see the wiki has this info.