Sign in to follow this  
Mattson

[Fixed] Possible Archery Bug?

we recently had some enemies come over to our deed for some pvp.. i was getting shot with arrows, so i backed into the deed and into my house to heal...well the enemy backed pretty far away (about 40tiles) and managed to shoot over tall stone walls and through my house to kill me..but when he is at the recommended 20 tiles away he gets a message stating that our gate house window is in the way...is it to be that if your far away you can shoot over tall walls and through houses..or is this a bug?

I was the archer, and before exploitz claims, I couldn't actually see him.  I was behind a boat (trying to be unseen) and I was using the target bar to right click > shoot.  I targetted him originally behind a low iron gate, and figured he was there as I kept firing. 

I was roughly probably 30-35 tiles away.  I was doing nothing other than the normal activating bow > right click > shoot.  The arch of the arrow seemed very high into the sky then downward, so hard to say if it was a feature put in to kill gatehoppers or if it's a bug.  Sorry either way. 

This happened to some LoP people as well.. the part about being shot despite being inside a house. Definitely should be looked into :o

LMAO!!!!  wonder if it has todo with setting distances in the options??

Still that is kinda lame.

Sounds along the same lines as being able to target tokens through walls etc from far away.

I thought this bug was known and reported?  Shame it's not fixed yet if so...

Tahj was this when you were shooting at silver and his horse thru the roof of a house? this needs to be fixed.

i reported the bug to manny, will give him or rolf instructions on how to reproduce the bug when prompted.

Is it a bug though?  Because I need to know before I use it again. 

What is the fix going to be? You should still be able to shoot over fences, but not tall walls/houses.