Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Remove Trolls Bashing on Deed

Is there any good reason to make them bash? I know people would pen them if they didn't, but who cares? Pets are useless.

Because they are Trolls and should be feared.

we dont fear you :P

but on topic:  +1 for removing this if its still ingame.  i'm on freedom because i dont want to havta deal with anything breaking my fences and animals going missing and whatnot... its silly to have trolls bashing fences on a server where we can't do it ourselves to any fence we happen across, but a troll can do it

Yeah I suppose you would rather have them come and paint your fences for you when your off line... :o

Yes, with your blood.  Bump for another wall!

Soo.... they SHOULD let all my horses out while I'm sleeping?

If you settle near a flood zone, you know you have a higher chance of a flood happening and your house getting flooded.

If you settle near a troll spawn, you know you have a higher chance of trolls coming and bashing your stuff down.

Either move or deal with it pretty much, an area inhabited by trolls isn't supposed to be easily settled by players

If you settle near a flood zone, you know you have a higher chance of a flood happening and your house getting flooded.

If you settle near a troll spawn, you know you have a higher chance of trolls coming and bashing your stuff down.

Either move or deal with it pretty much, an area inhabited by trolls isn't supposed to be easily settled by players

Spawns change. Where I live on Indy, it was all black wolves and brown bears when I moved in. Now it is nothing but Slow Trolls and Lava Spiders.

Am I supposed to disband and start over every 6-8 months?

It used to be that mobs would actively avoid going on to a deed ... when was that changed and why?

Soo.... they SHOULD let all my horses out while I'm sleeping?

Also.... I settled here BEFORE trolls bashed deeds down.

Spawns changed once since now its based on terrain

Trolls should always be able to bash, if you don't want them bashing at night set up a better defensive area against then (abuse the fact they can't travel on water)

Think of them as real people and not npcs, really dumb people who never talk.

They'd obviously strike when they can fight best, Aka offline.

..... set up a defense against trolls... right

Let's see how water works when I'm 500+ dirt above water level.

Guess you just chose a bad and vulnerable spot.

Iirc trolls don't have infinite climb of any slope so you can still have them unable to climb a spot.

Or just imp your walls enough to where they cant bash it in a night.

Guess you should keep your ideas to Epic. I have my deed on FREEDOM, I shouldn't have to worry about constructing high ql walls so NPCs don't bash and let my horses out. Rain, either make a valid point for FREEDOM or please stop posting in my thread.

Freedom is pve, not sandbox.

Trolls are just strong enough where you can't rely on Templars alone to do your biddings like you can fir everything else.

PvE is player versus environment, not logged off player versus troll that bashes his fences.

Making defenses vs trolls is pve, not the most exciting but it's necessary, uless you're fine with them bashing in because you can't be bothered to imp them.

This is nothing short of laziness really.

• Like 1

The problem is trolls spawning "on deed" and then bashing what they came across because they spawned "on deed". I'm all for having folks keep safety up on deed, this however just griefs offline folks because they're offline? So folks wander by and pick through stuff through the gaping walls and say " well the walls are coming down, i thought it was abandoned". I'm guessing the GM's hands are tied in said situation. So yeah... needs fixing :) +1

• Like 1

Spawning on deed is a bug, iirc deeds are not supposed to have anything spawn on them, and reduce the rate of spawns in an area around them.

As form the picking p stuff, set it so outsiders cat pick up stuff inside?

Things spawn on deeds and have for a long while.  I love finding my mine (on deed) full of spiders.  Was loads of fun when we had a lair (on deed in the mine) going full blast.  Few deaths but that was to be expected.

Trolls bashing on deed fences have caused alot of problems and I'm not seeing an end to them yet.

Nothing short of laziness... it's not laziness, it's me PAYING for the game. If I PAY for my deed, I shouldn't have to imp my walls.

Anything but trolls I don't really mind spawning on deed, it's trolls that I object to.

It's funny.... you can lock up the Kyklops INSIDE a deed, but can't keep a normal troll OUT of a deed.

Nothing short of laziness... it's not laziness, it's me PAYING for the game. If I PAY for my deed, I shouldn't have to imp my walls.

That's pretty funny to say.

Just because you're paying doesn't mean youre relaxed of things that are needed to do.

And you technically can, just feed the trolls.

Difficult and more work ten mping walls, but it doesn't seem like you'd do either because you're paying for th game.

Hell, people on epic pay for the game why don't we get 99ql walls whenever we build something?

And it's not too different, trolls obviously are to simulate what a normal person can do in a pvp area, just much easier to handle.

Either use one of the many suggestions I gave you to do or deal with trolls bashing your stuff down, the best I can say is I agree with trolls not spawning on-deed.

Hmmmm Darth, trolls are still bashing through walls and even on deed? I thought this was removed a while ago. If not it certainly should be eliminated from mob AI. And certainly no mobs should be spawning on deeds or even in deed mines for that matter as they are protected tiles.

=Ayes=

Freedom deed=no decay on walls, walls don't fall down unless you or someone else in the deed bashes it. Trolls should NOT be bashing deed fences. On Epic, the entire point is to defend against the risk of someone bashing to get at your token, so trolls don't add much danger.

It's like that on epic, its supposed to prevent the decay and show it's an "active" village.

Which is why they take decay if the deed funds are past a certain timer (less then a month, and less then a week it takes bonus decay)

The system is used on all servers.

On freedom, you just have less threats to defend against, and so you can simply imp the walls up once to a nice ql and check back every few weeks t repair, which takes a few meager minutes to do.

Stop complaining that you actually have to work to maintain a village and can't just "pay" and have a village along as you do.

Allowing trolls to bash into or out of a deed makes about as much sense as tunneling creatures do....NONE.

We choose to pay to have a deed for the protection it offers. Freedom from decay & the constant repairs that go with that is a big selling point for most players when they are deciding whether to go premium & plant a deed. Allowing any creature to come along and damage or destroy anything on a deed pretty much negates that as a selling point. I recently let my guard go- money out of the game- because it was worthless against trolls & it's presence actually seemed to encourage the trolls to hang around & bash fences.

No one who's paying for a deed should ever log on to find a hole in their fence & their animals scattered all over hell & gone. No deed holder should have to adjust their settings to prevent people from stealing from them because a creature bashed a hole into a protected property. The deeds either protect us from such nonsense or they aren't worth paying for.

+1

Stop complaining that you actually have to work to maintain a village and can't just "pay" and have a village along as you do.

Unless it was changed since this thread was started, trolls could insta-bash any ql or type of fence. If you are telling me that my 80ql palisades can withstand 1 night of bashing by a young troll, then its fine but the fact is that they can't.

First, I sympathize with everyone who is losing animals or living under assault from trolls.  I believe that if a danger like trolls exists, then player actions should be able to neutralize that danger or at the very least minimize the risk.  If it's impossible to neutralize, then it's not fun.  But if it's possible if challenging to do so, then in my opinion that's best.

I don't agree as a blanket statement that trolls shouldn't be able to bash walls on deeds.  Walls can be fixed by anyone, unlike cave floors.  I *do* think that trolls should have a much more difficult time bashing stone walls than wooden ones, and an even harder time bashing tall walls (palisade or tall stone) than low ones.  I'm also fine with trolls having a harder time bashing walls on deed than off deed.

I believe (perhaps incorrectly) that with multiple layers of defense, it is currently possible to fortify against most troll attacks.  Wrapping horses with a wooden fence and calling it a night should not suffice, in my reckoning. 

But no player should ever feel desperation that the task of defending their horses is just impossible.  If that's presently the case, I hope the devs will find some compromise.  Perhaps trolls should face increasing wall difficulty in order of wooden fence, low stone wall, palisade, iron fence, tall stone wall (if this isn't already the case).  Maybe allow spirit templars to call for help from guard towers.

I'm absolutely willing to come offer my help designing or evaluating fortifications for your settlement on Independence, especially if it's near the Grande Steppe.  Barring that, perhaps we go find Grendel's lair and bash it right back.  ;)

I apologize if my view offends.  It isn't meant to.