Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Remove Trolls Bashing on Deed

After another 3 months of replacing/repairing walls (had to replace 3 missing walls today alone), it's time for another bump to remove this stupid 'feature' of trolls spawning nowhere near your deed and then wandering specifically to your walls so they can make love to them

Thanks.. now I have this song stuck in my head >.<

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0WpdTin4c

After another 3 months of replacing/repairing walls (had to replace 3 missing walls today alone), it's time for another bump to remove this stupid 'feature' of trolls spawning nowhere near your deed and then wandering specifically to your walls so they can make love to them

+1

I really don't understand why this change request isn't addressed by Rolf and the devs. It's pretty obvious that the silly wall bashing is simply annoying players. Oh wait - changing this "feature" wouldn't benefit PvP, right? ;)

3 years old thread wow..

-1 from me because they do so little damage even as it is.

Had over 4 troll spawners within 7months around my 140palisade city, only had one main gate fall.

Edited by silakka

A community assistant being selfish? nice.

I had 80ql palisades, 80ql stone walls, 80ql tall stone walls bashed down in minutes by trolls. It is the most stupid game mechanic, and why its not being fixed is beyond me.

Yes indeedy doo, those griefer Trolls are still on the rampage bashing down my 72-79 QL palisade walls that surround my perimeter deed. Having to rebuild them repeatedly because of this is just an unnecessary nuisance and a fair deal of work as well. Those who do not have a Troll spawn near them will think this situation is all fine and dandy, which for them of course it is. These nose picking (watch them they do this) Trolls are so dumb that they will bash and damage an unlocked gate rather than just walk right through it, unless you are nearby on the other side, in which case they will then just walk right through the gate, as humanoid aggros were given that ability not so very long ago.

Haven't recently noticed them bashing on deed fencing but wouldn't put that past their sneaky griefing ways. The god of Wurm ultimately must take responsibility for this ability to be made available to these mindless minions of his and inflict this punishment upon his poor bewildered subjects of these sometimes fair lands. At times there seems to be no pleasing him but I rest content in knowing that the Gnome conspirators will eventually rule these lands and then turn them into an endless maze of merriment to elude his further control. 

=Ayes=

I'm just tired of them smashing down the walls around my all of my mines.

Then random people seem to fall in and either die to all the mobs in the mines or have to call a GM to get them out.

+1 Maybe we can vote this in over the devs objections when voting comes in!

A community assistant being selfish? nice.

I had 80ql palisades, 80ql stone walls, 80ql tall stone walls bashed down in minutes by trolls. It is the most stupid game mechanic, and why its not being fixed is beyond me.

Don't start that. Wurm is good in that it is transparent. Otherwise, you end up with people managing two accounts, being professional on one and bitter / passive aggressive on the other. They are entitled to their opinion.

• Like 1

Yes please stop troll bashing, deed rules and security are a joke as long as they can bash.. Trolls do spawn on deed, fences 2 tiles in from border and with a spirit are not safe at all, and no troll mound is needed to get multiple trolls around your deed, its random.  There is no way to stop them from bashing walls down while you are offline, and i'v had them knock down a wall while it was being killed by guard and myself.  I play wurm to build and to visit friends, if i wanted excitement and havok wreaked on my deed i would move to epic.  I dont see that troll bashing is anything but a way to get passive players to quit. 

I've caught people leading trolls to my pens in hopes the trolls would bash the pens open for them.

Seems like someone needs to balls up and play a little bit of Player Versus Enviroment

Don't guards kill the trolls?

You need 2 for that, probably more if you want the guards to kill a troll faster than it bashes down a 90ql fence.

Also if people have fences on the outermost tile border of the deed, the troll is standing in perimeter griefing the deed, and the templar won't stop it.

Don't guards kill the trolls?

I had a troll on my deed that was killing templars for an entire day. I didn't help kill it because I decided they deserved to die for sucking so badly against one aged troll.

It eventually got bored and wandered off after I went to bed.

I think I -1'd this a while back but the guards need to engage a basher even if one tile offdeed to be a fair system.

So +1 to remove bashing if the guards aren't going to engage the offdeed troll and otherwise -1.