Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Remove Trolls Bashing on Deed

lol buy guard

I own aggressive pets like hell hounds and champion pets. Guards would be worthless for such a deed. In order for guards to attack trolls, you have to have them able to attack those pets which would ruin a lot of hard work hunting them and penning them all. That's why there should be some form of change, whether to weaken the trolls defense so tower guards can kill easier before 6 of them die to it before it even gets to 50% health and heals back up, lower it's hp regen rate, or allow specific settings for "Protective Agressive Animals" for deed guards. I don't have templars simply because of that one issue alone but having the option to keep my pets untargetted would work great for it. 

Trolls bashing down any walls or fencing on and off deed should never have been implemented upon the Freedom Isles PvE servers. This was started when the god of Wurm was in the phase of thinking that aggressive mobs should be able to destroy the lands and player made fencing to make things more interesting and exciting. There was also some sort of issue of them being penned in the pvp lands, so this step was resorted to.

Now as I see it this has purely turned into a griefing mechanism against player made fencing types. It is needless, solves nothing and adds no enjoyment to the game, other than to perhaps some blithe players who have put no effort into creating this fencing and thus have nothing to loose in the process. The ability for trolls to destroy any fencing types upon the PvE servers should be removed. Thank you and farewell.

=Ayes=

^^

And the best of all is that If you know how to build the cages its still possible to cage them, Just keep them out of agro range.
I use to breed trolls on Deliverance (Yes Non-PVP) and only once had an issue with them bashing down a fence and that was my own fault.

Funny thing is that *somehow* trolls are able to bash while dragons do not have this feature.. seems all weird to me.

A while ago I lost 7 fences to a troll, 2 horses ran away, and when I got online the Templar was still fighting the troll, I had to go and kill it myself...

lol buy guard

Guards. You mean guards. One templar can't solo trolls anymore, perhaps if it's a young troll but most likely not. If noone goes to aid the templar we have to watch it respawn over and over again.

It annoys me when people laugh off a problem by suggesting a flawed/faulty solution.

• Like 2

+1

I have a few deeds that I have to rebuild fencing on frequently. I lose my Horses when this happens. I don't want to fence the whole thing off. But It might be what has to be done to keep the trolls from destroying my pens.

• Like 1

This is maybe the only reason for people on freedom to hire more than one templar.

I always had two templars and they are able to destroy any troll (even champ - takes a few respawns for champs, but is doable.

Edited by Zapacila

This is maybe the only reason for people on freedom to hire more than one templar.

I always had two templars and they are able to destroy any troll (even champ - takes a few respawns for champs, but is doable.

Templars should be something we hire because we have a need or want to, not something we should feel forced to hire to be able to leave our deeds.

We have one templar because it's practical since not everyone has 70+ fs, we refuse to hire more since we have no need for them. One templar is enough to save people from most creatures when you run to hide on deed. We have several people in our village with 70+ fs and normally no creature poses as a threat to the settlement, but guess what happened when most of the high skilled fighters sailed off to Deliverance to have fun?

- A champion troll spawned a few tiles from the deed border.

You make it out as if the people on the PvE servers are somehow mooching off of the system because we don't need several templars apart from when trolls show up. Get real. We pay for the game and the parts of the game that are appealing to us, if we'd want the challenge of NO templar we're allowed to do that as well. Would you rather there was a minimum deed cost per month too that fits your view of how the game should be played? You do nothing but complain about the way others play the game and I have news for you - Not everyone is you and far from all agree with you on how the game should be played.

From your complain it looks like you need one. :P

Now for real, there is no need for templars. Is just convenience.

- You can just live with no templar, pay no costs for them, and handle all by yourself (and many people do that)

- You can hire just one (what most people do) and let him "save people from MOST creatures"

- You can hire more than one and let them handle any mob trying to venture around (yeah, even champ trolls) or even high skill FS players you have KOSed

Is a matter an options, and one option is to hire more than one templar.

So there is already an existing solution to stop trolls from bashing things on deed; if you are really scared about the risk they will do it, you know what you can do. ;)

And I personally think that is good to have this extra layer of complexity and a way to generate a bit more money for the game.

Just as a funny sidenote Zapacila:

I have probably spent way more cash on this game than you ever will. Not interested in spending even more to fit your view of how this game should be played.

If troll bashing up your deed is a massive problem can you not bash the lair? How long does that take?, but seem like sensible option if get alot of trolls near your deed.

Edited by Rushy

If troll bashing up your deed is a massive problem can you not bash the lair? How long does that take?, but seem like sensible option if get alot of trolls near your deed.

Trolls give good fighting skills, the trolls aren't the problem. Bashing their spawn isn't a desirable solution since many want to kill them for skill. I'm assuming our area isn't alone with that thought since a couple of hunters frequent the area. Plus that last time I checked bashing the lair takes a gruesome amount of time.

The fact that trolls trash the place when we're not at home is where the problem lies. It would be fun to be able to attend community events such as the Impalong without having to worry about what state the place will be in when we get back.

Edited by Aeris

Trolls give good fighting skills, the trolls aren't the problem. Bashing their spawn isn't a desirable solution since many want to kill them for skill. I'm assuming our area isn't alone with that thought since a couple of hunters frequent the area. Plus that last time I checked bashing the lair takes a gruesome amount of time.

The fact that trolls trash the place when we're not at home is where the problem lies. It would be fun to be able to attend community events such as the Impalong without having to worry about what state the place will be in when we get back.

SO reduce their dangers and reduce their skill gain........NOT.

Comon........Trolls are Trolls......would you have them be mice?

There will always be Dangers you cant control in Wurm....the day that is over it will not be Wurm any more.

Edited by Protunia

Urghh, seems forum mods are now deleting posts that don't side with the nerf trolls brigade. Really guys? Is this how things are now?

Tragic.

SO reduce their dangers and reduce their skill gain........NOT.

Comon........Trolls are Trolls......would you have them be mice?

There will always be Dangers you cant control in Wurm....the day that is over it will not be Wurm any more.

Removing their ability to bash their way onto a deed doesn't reduce their "danger". The fact that they can bash the crap out of my walls gives me 0 fighting skills and poses as no threat to my character's health, so you should re-think that argument. I have no interest in logging in to a bashed deed on a PvE server.

Busted: Your post was probably removed because you were tossing insults around like a santa throws candy at a Christmas parade. Nothing even remotely weird about it. My response to your reply was also removed, so no point in whining - we were treated as equals.

Edited by Aeris

Busted: Your post was probably removed because you were tossing insults around like a santa throws candy at a Christmas parade. Nothing even remotely weird about it. My response to your reply was also removed, so no point in whining - we were treated as equals.

Rubbish. There was nothing insulting in the response. It just highlighted the cheap and lazy attitude displayed by the "it doesn't suit me and I'm not prepared to pay for it and/or despite having 70+ fs I can't be bothered to handle to problem myself" folks. It's not insulting, it's just an inconveniently obnoxious truth that you happened to bring up yourself. 

Regardless, it's not changing so you and everybody else that continually whines about the injustice of it all are wasting your time. Maybe hold off until the No Gumps start spawning on Freedom - then you might actually have something valid to complain about.

Merry Christmas. 

Explain to me how this inactive type of fending off creatures could possibly be enjoyable. It isn't. If anything I'd want them to stay alive until I am AT HOME and can kill them myself since the 1 templar I have is too weak, but instead I am stuck with two options: 1) Hire more templars despite not needing them for ANYTHING else, ever or 2) Stay at home all the frickin time because you think so. There is of course the third option of letting them bash everything in sight but instead of just sitting there and taking that I am here, in the suggestions forum, trying to change that.

Call me and others of my opinion lazy and cheap all you want, you're sure to make lots of friends that way. You call it an obnoxious truth too, which I find hilarious since there's not enough meat on your bones to back that up. You're sitting with a plate full of dry bones and trying to pass it off as a meal.

The big reason I've heard that PvE players don't play PvP is because they don't want their work destroyed when they are offline or don't like situations they have no hope of winning in. The only challenges they want are the ones they choose to initiate themselves. So there will continue to be suggestions against any forced challenge, whether or not Rolf actually does anything about them is another matter. But I get the feeling if the majority had their way the game would be very dull with no threat to survival so people could build and craft in peace.

I think threats like this and other aggressive stuff should be more regional in nature so when players are deciding where to live they can seek out areas that meet their playstyle and if they want a more aggressive environment they can look for areas that suit them and those that don't can seek out more peaceful locations. The more styles of play Rolf can cater to with minimal effort the happier everyone will be with the game in general.

-1. Trolls should pose a danger, the game should have difficulties, even in PvE. It's PvE, not 'friendly carebear mode'. Some people claim it is 'unfair', that really doesn't make any sense at all. Trolls don't bash only some players walls, or specifically target certain players. Fairness doesn't play any equation here. 

I'm all for keeping some degree of difficulty in wurm, even in the PvE servers, including the possibility of your horses escaping. If you really don't want trolls breaking into your place while you're asleep, live with or near someone who can deal with the trolls when you're not around. 

If only we could do something about the forum trolls too..

I wouldn't have any problem with trolls bashing down my deed if things made sense:

I can kill a troll in 2 minutes, it barely scratches me. It takes me hours to bash down a 90ql fence. It takes a troll few minutes at most. In fact I doubt quality matters at all when it comes to bashing down walls.

At the same time, more powerful creatures or creatures tall as a building are stopped by a tiny wooden fence.

Troll bashing was put in a few years ago because Rolf has no idea why people want to play his game on PvE servers, and think its similar to Farmville. So he implemented something a handful of people wanted, and drove god knows how many paying customers away (again).

He should have done what he did when he thought the tunneling creatures on speed was a good idea, and most mines in Wurm turned into unusable death traps. He reverted that change, maybe its time to revert the troll bashing change, or make it so all agressive creatures can bash out of enclosures, but don't want to bash into enclosures, which makes more sense than griefing trolls.

I play pvp servers, having a troll walk over to my deed, bash a wall and then get guards on it to die while I'm offline contributes absolutely nothing to my gameplay nor does it add any sense of difficutly, or anything else but having to replace or repair even high ql walls.

I can't set guards to auto attack aggros because I don't use guards to kill things, nor do I want the guards to kill the aggressive pets kept on deed.  It wouldn't even matter anyway because I'd have to then expand my deed, I shouldn't have to expand a deed and pay more money for a faulty mechanic.

• Like 2

After another 3 months of replacing/repairing walls (had to replace 3 missing walls today alone), it's time for another bump to remove this stupid 'feature' of trolls spawning nowhere near your deed and then wandering specifically to your walls so they can make love to them