Sign in to follow this  
darthryan

Remove Trolls Bashing on Deed

If you wanna keep a sentient angry musclebound biped with opposable thumbs as captive you should have to do the work.

If you wanna keep a sentient angry musclebound biped with opposable thumbs as captive you should have to do the work.

Exactly. But I lost horses because trolls bashed down several palisades and inner pens on my deed. (coming from outside)

If its too hard to code that aggros try to bash out of pens only and not into them, then its better to remove the possibility of them bashing at all.

[17:33:48] Aged starving troll raises the village alarm!

Bump.

well, you could always hire more then one templare if your worried about them breaking into your deed. And as for not being able to breed them.

Just make a 1x2 area thats out lined by water, walk the troll onto it and dig the walk way so the troll can not get out of the 1x2 area, then fence on the other side of the water from the trolls so other players can not shoot them with arrows..

OR to keep trolls out, dig a 1tile wide mot around your deed.

Edited by Ronnie

well, you could always hire more then one templare if your worried about them breaking into your deed. And as for not being able to breed them.

Just make a 1x2 area thats out lined by water, walk the troll onto it and dig the walk way so the troll can not get out of the 1x2 area, then fence on the other side of the water from the trolls so other players can not shoot them with arrows..

Yeah. That's totally a solution. Pay more money OR build your deed at sea level on an island....

Hi, since you've failed to read most responses to this thread that have likely answered everything you mentioned a few times, I'll just simply say these are idiotic ideas to something that can easily just be fixed - by removing this useless "feature".

• Like 1

Sigh. Now trolls are spawning on deed in my mines, walking out and bashing walls in the deed too. Setting guards to kill aggros is not an option.

When will this be removed?

There should at least be an option for templars to attack wall bashers only.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Bump... we've been putting up with this crap for more than a year now.

Bump... we've been putting up with this crap for more than a year now.

After living in a troll infested area for almost half a year I've noticed they only bash walls on the south and east sides. So we're at least halfway there to not having them bash walls. Though in all that time I've only had them completely take down a wall once and oddly enough it happened while I was repairing it. I went AFK while repairing and came back dead with a hole in my wall. I'm all for a hostile environment but the spawns should be more controlled in some way such that certain areas are simply more prone to this so it's more of a players choice when deciding where to settle if it's the type of thing they want to deal with. As well as possibly more preventative measures players can take besides just stacking on as many walls as possible.

• Like 1

havent had this problem

but when i will

i make sure i will complain here

i think i see why trolls now do this as people on freedom don't always have guards on there deed so the makers of wurm are losing out on money lol

-1 trolls should be trolling our deeds -_- I havnt had any issue with trolls bashing things as I kill them before they get the chance :)

-1 trolls should be trolling our deeds -_- I havnt had any issue with trolls bashing things as I kill them before they get the chance :)

That's great for people that can be on a lot, isn't it?

Set up guards, defend ye home men!

Na wimperin and complanin now

Lmfao about troll breeding. They are trolls. They are gona bash stuff. Thats the kind of unfriendly wilderness type of thing you expect from wurm. Its horrible and funny at the same time.

I think it's hilarious how some people really think that it's a solution to force others to train fighting to 70....only for killing them.

and i don't have a guard for a good reason: there is already very very low wildlife around my deed and i really don't want my templars to get 1. fighting skill I could use and 2. let those bodies rot on the ground and the stuff go away because i wont be at my deed all the time.....

and i still see no reason why trolls have to bash through fences in no time.....they may be strong, but why the heck are they ALOT faster with bashing than a good skilled player is?.....give us some balance please :o that way the chance is higher we will notice the bashing too....ah yeah and add bashing sound for them...>.> and maybe a warning message on deed: troll bashing your fence

Time for a much needed bump.  Trolls have been making love to my walls far more often lately than ever before.

+1 on my end. Trolls were causing so much damage to my deed i just gave up on it. every night i would log in to several missing fence tiles and if i recall correctly one nearly bashed down a wall in my house... I did not have time for that and it was almost as much work keeping my deed repaired as just living off deed. When in groups you can kiss your guard and livestock goodbye.

Something has to be done. While not everybody lives near troll spawns they can sometimes appear and ruin your experience.

Honestly I don't think there needs to be any NPC bashing period. Sure the idea itself is fun but all it boils down to is logging in from absence to find your hard work ruined by an abundant AI creature.

My 2 iron on the subject.

Heh I'd settle for a "Troll Totem" that works like a scare crow and make them slightly lower of the defensive side but still allow them to hit hard. Said totems could only be built within 20 tiles of deed tokens. That would allow a "safe spot" and guards could obliterate it with maybe losing 1-2 guards of course. but still allows the trolls to be able to do what they can already do and break outter fences. Although one thing I hate about them being able to bash fences is animal pens....if there was a way to program them so they avoid penned areas with so many animals (lets say 10 or more) then they'll move to another fence without animals to break out, only breaking the pen fence if they spawned inside. 

It's a bit unfair to those who are away from the game for many months at a time, as they could come back to no animals (provided they hired someone to feed them once in awhile or they'd starve to death). But yeah I agree it should be more player friendly rather then their aggressive smashing for no reason.