Sign in to follow this  
bobbarkeralt

SWTOR

Trask Ulgo - RP/PVE - Republic

Gwitheth

Enjoying it a lot so far; just finishing up on Tython at L10 - can't wait to get to the advanced classes, but I want to be thorough.

I'm not sure I like some of the choices the developers have made with gameplay, but I have no complaints for the story. Playing as a Jedi Consular currently, and I'll probably make a Smuggler once I finish with this - I was almost converted by the intro video. Space cowboys :o

Trask Ulgo - RP/PVE - Republic

Gwitheth

Enjoying it a lot so far; just finishing up on Tython at L10 - can't wait to get to the advanced classes, but I want to be thorough.

I'm not sure I like some of the choices the developers have made with gameplay, but I have no complaints for the story. Playing as a Jedi Consular currently, and I'll probably make a Smuggler once I finish with this - I was almost converted by the intro video. Space cowboys :o

Tython was a blast. Glad they make you work a bit for that saber:)

I think this will be the second ( after Wurm) MMORPG with monthly fee that I'll play.

The beta was so epic...

I'll buy my copy of the game on January, though :P.

Okay, so at the end of Early access I'm a Level 27 Jedi sage currently trying not to die on Alderaan. After about level 25, I found it to be a bit of a grind, though some of the sidequests manage to alleviate this. Especially the Republic embassy one on Tantooine. I just found it so much fun :D

I finally figured out how to get to the Warzones just before I logged off, so I imagine I will be spending quite some time there starting tomorrow.

The warzones are a blast. I have been doing alot of space missions and upgrading my ship to pass by some of the questing time. So far I am 36 Jedi Guardian. Warzones are good exp if you have a good team. But be weary low level people as the bracket is 10-49. Which isn't as bad as most mmos. You still have alot of people around your level to kill too:D

Oh wow, since the game went live, the queues for my server has grown ridiculous - 387 people and it's not even peak time! :L It'll be ridiculous this evening. It would be nice if they could let us transfer characters between servers of the same type. I don't want to have to wait half an hour to get in to my server.

Oh wow, since the game went live, the queues for my server has grown ridiculous - 387 people and it's not even peak time! :L It'll be ridiculous this evening. It would be nice if they could let us transfer characters between servers of the same type. I don't want to have to wait half an hour to get in to my server.

They will increase server loads within the week. Or download macromaker and keep your char logged in 24/7 lol

i had 520 yesterday, then suddentl 490 seem to h ave been disconnected because i ended up being nr 32 in queue like 2 min later :D my luck.. queue time is <40 mins on my server

Nah, when you skip a bunch of people it's because they've raised the server cap. Why do new players sign up for the busy servers? :(

Nah, when you skip a bunch of people it's because they've raised the server cap. Why do new players sign up for the busy servers? :(

to play with friends that got into early access ;p

SWTOR seems more single-playerish than other MMOs (*cough*WoW*cough*).. I was just wondering how you all are finding it.. Do you interact with lots of other players on a regular basis? Or can you and your companion characters pretty much solo everything besides dungeons..

(erm hopefully it was okay for me to post this here.. ..>.>;)

You can pretty much solo everything other than HEROIC quests and Flashpoints. Earlier on in the game, when I was surrounded by everyone else who was starting out, I interacted and grouped up with other people on a pretty regular basis. Forming groups has it's incentives, most notably increased EXP gain - and of course you'll find some of the tougher enemies easier to take down, though as long as your companion complements your class and play style this shouldn't be too much of a problem in the first place.

If you want to play solo, there's nothing to stop you. I haven't done any multiplayer missions in a while, since on the later planets there are fewer players. I imagine the populations will even out in time though. Hub worlds and fleets are almost always busy though, as are the starter worlds. I haven't been visiting too many of the places I've been to before, but on the planets I dawdle on, I can see the population rising between 10 and 20 per day.

Level 36 out of 50 after a few days played?

Sound like something I don't even need to waste my time on.

Level 36 out of 50 after a few days played?

Sound like something I don't even need to waste my time on.

PTO from work works wonders. Max level (if you watch all videos and side missions) will take you a good 6 or 7 days /played.

hour per level for the first half, then 2ish hours per level the rest.

I love the leveling (mass effect/Kotor esque)

But, the end game is exactly the same as every other MMORPG :P raids and pvp. keep me busy for a month tops. May just quit now haha.

Lol that will always be the formula for mmos as it keeps 98% of the community happy:)

idk about 98% lol

Maybe 98% of the people who enjoy that formula... but in that case the statement 98% is redundant.

Not to start a flame war, just nit picking your wording :P

Obviously its a good game, because its popular, but 98% of the MMO community is a bit of a stretch.

Thats okay though, my Jedi Sage has 2 big blue di-.... tentacles coming from his head.