Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wild joining the freedom cluster ETA Monday the 19th.

I somehow have my doubts that this alliance system will really work to bring PvP back.

How about this:

Add some sort of 'Outlaw' deeds. Make it so they have a special setting in the village form, making them said deed form.

The differences:

-There can only be 4 of them on the whole server

-They are automatically at war with everyone

-They can only make peace with other Outlaw deeds

-max deed size is 15x15 or 20x20, max guards = 20

-maybe lower upkeep costs, to make them more attractive

Something along those lines, it would at least return a reason for PvP.

In the past we fought each other, simply because the other guy was the Enemy. This way there would be enemies again, if they chose this aggressive path.

red dislike green like.

So, what I like about this suggestion is the ability to break the law and have a place of refuge.

What I don't like, is that they're super disadvantaged from the getgo. small deeds, limited guards... yet every other person on the server is allowed to raid there.

No. Not nice. They should have the same opportunity for success. There should be no limit on how many, if there are 4 outlaw groups, and I don't want to join them, Why should I be forced to, If I wanna be a bad guy?

I'm all for outlaw settlements, In fact I've considered going outlaw repeatedly, only thing stopping me is being booted from villages, since there is no outlaw settings.

Thems be mah thoughts on the matter.

Another thing to consider, is the fact that everyone has too much at stake to want to lose it in combat. 90QL items take a while to make, the enchants are costly... to throw that away in battle seems to turn people off of the idea.

But you've got to have it to compete at all.

Maybe a curve should be applied to gear... just a thought : why not have all gear cap out at effective QL/power ~50, for pvp only? pve, 90 QL = 90 QL... but against you or me or anyone else human, it's limited.

This would return cheap armor and weapons to the playing field, and people wouldn't mind throwing away a  couple hours work, I think.

Just some thoughts. Didn't know where else to put the idea, since this has been a sort of sounding board for "my thoughts on how fix wildz"

Went over to Chaos the other day, only 11 players. The Landing is deserted. Whats the point?

Went over to Chaos the other day, only 11 players. The Landing is deserted. Whats the point?

Came to Chaos to get away from the deed fest of exodus.  Seemed worth the risk of a little pvp even though im basically a carebear.  Nice to have lots of fresh areas to explore and a much larger map.  Would of course prefer a totally clean map but what ever. 

As for the pvp stuff, hota seems like a pretty failed idea, basically the alliances take it each time so individual villages have no chance, and then of course you have to pray you don't run into any of the older players who can wtfpwnfaceroflstomp anyone who is still getting started :P 

I would like to seem some kind of system for territorial control, perhaps more political control than a game of who can destroy whos deeds faster.  Could be something with control points around the map that need to be fought for and maintained, which intern gives you the ability to tax the region of that area and other benefits like perhaps bonus skill gain while in your own region etc. 

Came to Chaos to get away from the deed fest of exodus.  Seemed worth the risk of a little pvp even though im basically a carebear.  Nice to have lots of fresh areas to explore and a much larger map.  Would of course prefer a totally clean map but what ever. 

As for the pvp stuff, hota seems like a pretty failed idea, basically the alliances take it each time so individual villages have no chance, and then of course you have to pray you don't run into any of the older players who can wtfpwnfaceroflstomp anyone who is still getting started :P 

I would like to seem some kind of system for territorial control, perhaps more political control than a game of who can destroy whos deeds faster.  Could be something with control points around the map that need to be fought for and maintained, which intern gives you the ability to tax the region of that area and other benefits like perhaps bonus skill gain while in your own region etc.

like....guard towers...

like... guard towers... owned by... alliances.

the ability to set outlaw/lawful

the ability to declare tower owned by so and so

might be a start?

I was thinking a long the lines of larger areas of control than 1 guard tower, so you could have influence over a section of a region instead of 40 tiles.  Guard towers in the area could automatically be controlled. 

The control points would be directed points of conflict.  Once you have one under control you would want to build defenses and protect it from other alliances.  Perhaps with a cool down on when it can be attacked so that other control points get actively engaged.