Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wild joining the freedom cluster ETA Monday the 19th.

Wild will most probably join the freedom cluster on Monday some time during the day Swedish time unless some show stoppers turn up.

The following is to be expected:

The server is turned into a Freedom home server and everyone on Wild is set to the kingdom of Freedom Isles.

Libila followers are set to Magranon. Everyone on the freedom servers gets one free conversion to a deity of your choice with kept faith.

The borders west of the existing servers will all lead to Wild. The eastern border of Wild leads to Deliverance. There will be no limits on sailing or bringing items in order to keep it simple and homogenous.

The existing portals between freedom and wild are removed.

The server will become free to play since there are no difference between the spy or griefing situation than on existing freedom servers and we want newbies to be able to check it out and settle down.

Settlements on wild will be able to declare war on eachother.

PvP will be disabled on the server in general in order for less obscure rules and griefing surprises.

There will be at least one PvP zone where full PvP is enabled.

Things that remain to be decided, usually by the Chaos Council:

Whether village wars need to be consensual.

The size and location of the PvP zone.

How the PvP zone/s will work.

How Alliances should be remade.

Improvements to PvP that may be required on Wild.

How and if champs and lights will stay. Expect champs to go away.

My aim is to code as little as possible on specific solutions for Wild and instead focus on the problems on Epic and general game improvements such as the long awaited multi storey buildings. The idea is to make Wild attractive and fun but not to invent a whole new game. Any changes or incentives made to for instance PvP should work well on Epic as well since they will be implemented there too.

Sad day. Maybe we need a new chaos council if this is the best it comes out to. Sad, sad day.

So Libila is eliminated except for existing enchants?

Farewell good friend, I have many fond memories of wild. The end of an era.

Hrm best solution for the problem imho even if a little bitter, and its nice for the map to survive.

Appreciate being able to convert my Libila priestess  ;D

All in all its a fair system - everybody gets something and nobody comes out clearly in an advantage.

My aim is to code as little as possible on specific solutions for Wild and instead focus on the problems on Epic and general game improvements such as the long awaited multi storey buildings.

Multi storey buildings.... for real now? O.o

*Faints*

Things that remain to be decided, usually by the Chaos Council:

Whether village wars need to be consensual.

I'm hoping the obvious choice is that both villages do not need to agree in order for it to be consensual. Otherwise, you won't have much pvping occuring.

EDIT: I also hope careful review is done of the alliance system. You should be careful to mitigate issues where mega alliances are formed and will be too overpowering for others to take down. So perhaps put a cap as to how many villages a village can ally with. Therefore preventing stagnation, encouraging healthy competition and creative thinking of how to defeat your enemy rather than just allying with everyone.

And perhaps consider putting a cap as to how many wardecs a village can issue as well.

And if you wardec a village, then you wardec all villages that is allied with it. May or may not be feasable based on coding issues but just a thought.

My aim is to code as little as possible on specific solutions for Wild and instead focus on the problems on Epic and general game improvements such as the long awaited multi storey buildings.

I think you should take one day out of your schedule too and read the suggestions forum like 50 pages down. I did that searching for a specific suggestion and there are quite a lot of easy-to-implement changes that would mean a lot to the average wurmian, epic- and freedomites both.

Mmm... Wild server. Seems interesting. What's the land like? Where will be the spawn? Where will it be on the overworld map?

I think it would be nice if Wild did not get the no-lair-bashing code that Freedom currently has - various folk have got 90fs from bashing lairs and I think it would be unfair to everyone that did not if you were to remove the option to do it - even if the only place for high fighting skill is inside the 'PvP zone'

I would also reccomend putting the PvP zone in either the NW corner of the map, or the center - as those are about the only locations where noone currently lives.

NO.

All the wild members have said NO to wild becoming a freedom isle.

This is not what we want, and i think turning it into freedom rules is just the wrong thing to do.

Please revise this Rolf, none of us want this.

Looks good, will be nice to have some clear cut servers where everyone knows what's happening.

I think this reasoning sounds fair.

As a side note: Multi-Story buildings I think is going to make many people VERY happy!

Small and quirky features are often what keeps a game alive alongside the huge ones like Epic.

Nyt.

P.S - Chaos Council?

EDIT: Looks good from a Freedomer standpoint, I guess the change means more to Wilders.

I think it would be nice if Wild did not get the no-lair-bashing code that Freedom currently has - various folk have got 90fs from bashing lairs and I think it would be unfair to everyone that did not if you were to remove the option to do it - even if the only place for high fighting skill is inside the 'PvP zone'

I would also reccomend putting the PvP zone in either the NW corner of the map, or the center - as those are about the only locations where noone currently lives.

Gavin- The problem with the NW side is that it's way too far for people to travel when they land on the east side of the map which is where most of JK territory is. A bit closer to where the WL is more convenient and accessible.

Also, are the wild home servers disappearing? If wild is a sub-inde server, then wild-home is sub-sub-server?

If this MUST happen, what happens to those of us that have inventories on both Wild and Freedom?

Also, are the wild home servers disappearing? If wild is a sub-inde server, then wild-home is sub-sub-server?

???

This is not about epic and the "wild" home servers have been removed over 2 years ago

NOOOOOOO wild is doomed  :'(

Wish i could get money back for the premium i still have till may.

(back in may i tought, wild is so awesome, i'll still be playing on it in a year for sure.... gues not )

"PvP will be disabled on the server in general in order for less obscure rules and griefing surprises."

this will cause griefing.... People that aren't in a deed can just grief and noone can kill em...

If you want a stupid pvp zone so badly, put it on a existing freedom server so people can try it out there.

Leave wild full PvP!!!

this will cause griefing.... People that aren't in a deed can just grief and noone can kill em...

I assume that Wild, since its joining the Freedom cluster, will get the the same anti-griefing code we are under.

I assume that Wild, since its joining the Freedom cluster, will get the the same anti-griefing code we are under.

How can you moderate a server with (crappy partial) pvp? So people in deed who go to war can do wathever and destroy things, but people not on a deed can get banned for griefing? This will lead to alot of bs.

Multi story houses sound great, hopefully they will come with rooms inside houses as an option too.

and good move on changing the date from friday to monday  ;D

How can you moderate a server with (crappy partial) pvp? So people in deed who go to war can do wathever and destroy things, but people not on a deed can get banned for griefing? This will lead to alot of bs.

Rules could be made so that such griefing stuff is only allowed on deeds. For example deed settings could prevent that from happening unless you're at war, that way it's only possible during a war and any off deed griefing would still be punishable by rules.

Just an example of how it could work, there's certainly more than one way it could.

Sounds like it may need a visit from a Cartographer....

Was mapped out years ago and maintained to this day.

Thanks for the update, Rolf.