Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Wild joining the freedom cluster ETA Monday the 19th.

Chaos Council as a representative of Freedom.

Forgive me if I missed something here, but what about [name] Council as a representative of Wild.  Where's Wild's council to debate and add to the decision making process for IT"S server?

Forgive me if I missed something here, but what about [name] Council as a representative of Wild.  Where's Wild's council to debate and add to the decision making process for IT"S server?

The Chaos Council consisted of only Wild players until Othob joined, it was created with the purpose of deciding on how to improve Wild.

The Chaos Council consisted of only Wild players until Othob joined, it was created with the purpose of deciding on how to improve Wild.

Neat, thanks as I had not ever heard of this council til the other day.

I'm still trying to figure out why there is a Freedom rep to decide what happens to Wild. Should have nothing to do with freedom.

Because the servers are joining closer, Gaustyrr, and Otho is a respected member of the Wurm community, therefore able to speak for it as a whole.

There are now five individuals on the council

Myself, Nosyt, Mikeyyaya, Othob and Oracle.

Wild is becoming part of the Freedom Server group and Othob provides that Freedom perspective, he also provides valuable insight into where the borders of Wild and Freedom rule sets can get a bit fuzzy. I, for example, have no real idea of the constraints on Freedom because I've never played there.  Oracle provides the GM oversight for issues which we might not be aware of or would never consider but the GM team has had to deal with. Both have already provided valuable input.

All I can say is I'm glad they've been added to the council and they are having a positive effect, I hope that satisfies you.

There are now five individuals on the council

Myself, Nosyt, Mikeyyaya, Othob and Oracle.

At least this issue is in relatively good hands  :)

Explain then why everyone I have talked to in-game hate this idea with a passion and the wild players on this "counsel" think its such a great idea?

Explain then why everyone I have talked to in-game hate this idea with a passion and the wild players on this "counsel" think its such a great idea?

He didn't say he likes the current idea, they are discussing it still. ;)

Uh you tell us?

Some people will never be happy unless things are done on their terms and you know what; there is not a damn thing that can be done about that. Wild is going to go thru a transition that is a fact; the council will hammer out the details inside the parameter that was set.

I thought the counsel was setup to listen to what the people wanted then convey that to Rolf.

If the counsel didn't suggest this how and why did Rolf get this idea?

What is Rolf's answer on why drop PVP all together and make such a drastic change and make Wild freedom? Has anyone suggested simply removing the Kingdom wars on wild and keeping everything else the same?

What is Rolf's answer on why drop PVP all together and make such a drastic change and make Wild freedom? Has anyone suggested simply removing the Kingdom wars on wild and keeping everything else the same?

ya its been suggested, if you go back and read rolfs opening comments you will find most of your answers there.  basicly he needed to make a quick move and hash it out later.  Also he wanted to keep it pretty simple from the coding side. 

I goal is not to get more people on Wild at the cost of removing the core game function. The original goal was to get more people interested in the PVP aspect of the game.

What changes could be made in the pvp aspect that would attract more people.

He claims this is temporary but 3 months down the road and now the server has 100 freedom players there is no way he could reinstate full server pvp.

I goal is not to get more people on Wild at the cost of removing the core game function. The original goal was to get more people interested in the PVP aspect of the game.

What changes could be made in the pvp aspect that would attract more people.

He claims this is temporary but 3 months down the road and now the server has 100 freedom players there is no way he could reinstate full server pvp.

Beyond what he wrote I cant guess.  Im just stating that he was pretty clear as to his reasoning.  For you as a wild player, either way it goes.. You should really be happy that he just didnt delete wild.  I understand what your saying, but from A financial point of view I do understand his reasonings.  Most owners of any form would elect to shut down or terminate anything that is "bleeding"  especially after a new venture (epic in this case)  Im pretty confident that the council will effectively give you a good pvp selection on wild, it just most likely wont be the wild you knew. 

I get the impression that the people on the chaos council are not too crash hot on the idea of dropping PvP from most of the Wild server too, but anyone who has been around for past big changes knows that once Rolf's mind is made up on something, it is extremely hard if not outright impossible to change it - it is far more productive to try and make the landing as easy as possible, instead of suggesting entirely different ideas on what he could do, or just ranting and raving aimlessly.

Warning

Your post has been removed for inappropriate content.

Continued failure to abide by the forum rules could result in your account being banned.

Posted in the Wild forms. This is what PvP is all about.

Was a good run on wild - years of memories will forever stain the lands. 

As the final days of Wild come to a close (cause lets face it turning it into a freedom server will forever change what wild server was) the 3 kingdoms should reflect the history they have shared. 

Almost like the end of a good story, such a shame how it ended

I almost feel like the Captain going down with the ship but instead of drowning i will be painted green and told I can never slay an enemy or random noob.  Gentlemen, its been a privilege playing these years with you

Even more...

Hey

It sure was a privilege to have fought by your side all those years Horton. It was like the phoenix rising from the ashes after the LO bannings. one hell of an awesome run we had, constantly outnumbered but we still fought back with fire and spirit. Some of the best and most awesome fun I've had on wild was with you Horton. From Whosville, to Hom and throughout the golden age of Mol-Rehan we all had a blast.

We conquered our enemies and won a lot of battles, best times of my life, some of the funniest moments we've ever had lol. I Wish we could have stayed till the end, as i explained before we left. You are a good mate and a great king, All good things must come to an end eventually dude.

[me=Maximustehgreat]tips his hat and raises his glass[/me]

To good times dude

Keep in touch

Max

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xr-5jDo77A

I dont want speculation I want to hear how removing pvp from the server will get people interested in pvp on the server.

I don't agree with what Myst is saying whatsoever, but the way you word that question is pretty ridiculous. I feel that some aspects of this change are good - for example easing up on Wild>Freedom travel and interaction - it will help boost the economy of Wild, and help encourage Freedom players to come to Wild and try it out as if they change their mind it would be a painless process to move back to Fredom.

I have seen the before and after of Wild when Freedom was implimented, and am entirely convinced that making it hard to travel between the two servers caused Wild to cease gaining new players, and instead just slowly bled it's (originally) large playerbase over time, and strongly believe that the PvP servers having a positive relationship with the home servers is crucial, and I feel that until Rolf added PvP to them Wild for the most part had it. Now I would say it's a outright hostile relasionship if reading this thread gives any indication.

But looking on the bright side, even if there is only one small PvP zone on the entire of Wild, suddenly it becomes a whole lot easier for Freedom folk to partake in PvP even if just a 'weekend warrior' type thing (which I see no problem with) - furthermore if all of the PvP will be centralized to one small section of the map - even smaller than the Epic servers, surely this will statistically increase your chances of finding someone to fight? Especially if we have a much larger 'pool' of players that might decide to wander into the PvP zone for kicks.

I know how you feel, even thou my main is on Freedom right now until very recently I had played from the second Wild relaunched (gold2) and have put immense amounts of effort into helping make the (only 2 so far) towns I have been a part of some of the hardest places to get into, it is frustrating to know I will never get to see the work of myself and many others be tested against big raid forces - but it is a game afterall, sometimes you need to accept the cards you have been dealt.

There is no reason we can't make suggestions on how we can slightly altar said cards however.

Trust me at the time of the fight fix almost everyone on Wild was in total uproar over it, but we wasted our time ranting and raving about how bad it is, instead of offering changes on how to fix it - as a result so many train wrecks insued that could have easily been avoided.

[some] People seem to be missing the point.

Wild is not becoming Freedom to make Wild popular again, it's becoming Freedom to stop it being entirely unpopulated while ideas are made and coded to try and make it something exciting and new again. This is a temporary measure, it's not the be all and end all.

The council isn't going to stop on Monday after the merge happens.

Agreed Gavin, there are no easy fixes to these problems, and for some it does mean the end of an era, but change is obviously inherent and badly needed.

as for people from freedom moving to wild, I will be doing just that, as I intended before this idea was notioned after christmas, and joining a deed, so hope to see you all there soon.

PvP isnt just about fighting people. It is the fear and excitement of being in a pvp area. Building and defending your deed against attackers.

You are taking away what makes Wild great and giving people an arena to fight each other in. It is not what makes Wild so great.

PvP isnt just about fighting people. It is the fear and excitement of being in a pvp area. Building and defending your deed against attackers.

You are taking away what makes Wild great and giving people an arena to fight each other in. It is not what makes Wild so great.

big +1