Sign in to follow this  
borana

Irc banned?

A K-Line is also known as a kill line in IRC terms, you aren't banned from #wurm but you are banned from the Rizon.net IRC network where the room is.  Basically you can't join the Rizon server, and it has nothing to do with Wurm or the #Wurm channel itself. 

You likely entered some shady infromation for your name, email, and nickname that were too similar or bot-like.  Rizon has a filter that tries to detect bots/spammers/advertisers, check this out for more information and how to assure you won't be banned again from the server:

http://forum.rizon.net/showthread.php?1293-quot-drone-floodbot-pattern-quot-reasons-and-solutions

Good luck.  You'll have to serve out the ban though most likely. 

I think the problem here is that she is using the ingame client. So whatever information is being used is comming from the wurmclient itself. the only difference being the ip.

There is as far as I know no way to altar the information being used in the client ?

Oh, in that case I am unsure.  I just tried form ingame and it worked for me.  I don't think you can change your information like email form the ingame client, as you stated, so that may not be it.  It's possible you may have spyware or malware effecting it (from what I read briefly about klines).  I am not an expert though, I likely put join the Rizon forums to see if you can get a better answer there. 

Enki possibly may know also, I'll point him to this thread. 

Please do.

No other connection to IRC has been made. She is only using the ingame client. She contacted me as she received the message in hope for me to know what was going on. We are using IRC mainly due to having our separate towns just outside local talk range.

Not sure any complaints to Rizon will help much, besides the ban is only 3 days, and the process time for complaints tend to be a bit longer than that.

However if she returns to Wurmclient, she might get extra punishment for ban evasion as the client will try to reconnect yet again. Or even worse a perm ban after she returns as the problem might persist.

I know I am looking at the worst case scenario. Meh. Lets just hope it all gets solved :)

Makes me wonder why, if IRC is to be the end-all-be-all chat "solution" for Wurm Online - why is the IRC server not operated by Club Code?

It happens when use multiple char names from the same IP usually if log in from the in game console, I've been drone bot banned over 30 times, I rarely use IRC anymore.

I found myself in the same situation in November. I got unbanned after i had made an appeal. Waited only one day so it`s worth of trying.

It is the in-game client's fault, though this should be fixed in unstable.

When you were banned were you on stable or unstable?