Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

~ Independence Community Map Project v2.0~

hey mama,

Thankyou for adding my deed "promesse" to the new map :)... just one thing, the location is in the wrong place. while i discovered this i also noticed that i gave you the right coords... its just that the y coords, dont add up with the ones that are added amongst the map. I hope that makes sense lol. so where you have added me at 16y... along the side of the map that coord says that you have added me at 17. Anyway, im the next square down to what you have currently placed me at... if this could be changed it would be much appreciated :) 16/17y 25x .... below birchwood keep

Hi Mama,

Finished moving the deed around, if I could please get Iron Works added back to the new map at 13x, 16y?

Edited by Hussars

Hi Mama, I just wanted to update you on the position on my deed on the new pdf map you are working on. My co-ords for Blueberry Hollow is 14x 12y. We have a guard tower there also, just on the path alongside festival cove :) Hope this better helps, rather than going off the old map.

Thanks Noodleberry

Edited by Noodleberry

It looks like Mama's domain name expired today, which is why there are advertisements showing instead. I managed to get a fairly recent copy of both the PDF and PNG maps uploaded to my website so folks can use those until this all gets sorted out.

Edit: The maps are all fixed, nothing else to see here.

Edited by Faeldray

NOTICE FOR EVERYONE

======================

Two bits of news.

Firstly there is a new Inde Map, I have based this of the defaced Mamadarkness's maps but deleted the defacement. I have hosted it here: http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/indemap.png And if people PM me providing I have enough time I will try and make edits but no promises. I am also attempting to get this added to the wiki.

Apart from correcting the defacement I have updated a bit - added some roads and also reduced the filesize from 3.6MB to 1.5MB so should load quicker as well now.

The second bit of news is I have been in contact with the person that owns the domain for where Mamadarkness's map is hosted. They had no idea their domain has expired. They are looking into it now and might be back up shortly. They also know Mamadarkness personally so going to try and get in contact with them as noone here has heard from them in awhile. If after a week there is no response the domain owner is going to hand the orginal file over to me.

I will do my best to provide fast reliable hosting for the map but we will have to see how it goes and how many hits the server can take :-)

Regards,

Maximusi

If you're going to be using my original map (that is, the one you have hosted on that link), I can supply the original file, although it hasn't been updated since mammadarkness took over.

Nice to see no credit on the original png or start of this thread too, mamma. Trencal is far more polite.

Edited by Darkmalice

I was aware the original url was down but was unaware of any defacememt. But I would be happy to see this move forward. Thankful to those who originally developed this and those who continued this project.

Edited by Huserx

Darkmalice, I am not trying to replace mamadarkness this is just a temporary solution for now just to give an accurate as possible map without defacement which is why I replied to this thread and not started another. If in fact mamadarkness has gone and no longer going to be doing the map I will try to make it more permananent and include credits to you and mamadarkness and start a new thread but to be honest I dont think I have the time to take this on full time.

EDIT: I appologise Darkmalice for the credits I can confirm that I have added a note to the top of the map.

Edited by maximusi

Huserx, Yes the one that was hosted on the wiki up until the last hour or so had a few villages deleted and a not so nice statement replaced on it. I have removed this and put it back to what it should be. My map editing skills are not the best but if the need comes I will do my best.

Yes they are back online after the domain has been renewed but still no word from MD.

In the meantime I have updated my map at http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/Indemap.png with MD's latest version and made some updates so my link does currently contain newer info. I have also posted higher quliaty one at http://wurm.dhcd.co.uk/map/Indpendence.png but to be honest the first link looks just as good and loads in under half the time :-)

maxi, could you start adding things that people have requested in this thread? for example the road from cave canal to Harbor of Life on crystal lake would be appreciated!

I will try and do what I can I have an exam today and op tomorrow but Ill do what I can tonight then the rest will probably have to wait until the end of the week im afraid.

Ok I have gone through thise forum post back to Wraithglow's post of #268. I have made a note of all the changes requested and I will be working my way through them. If there are any changes prior to that post that still need doing please pm me and I will add them to my list.

Regards,

Max

9306b24443ad376bb673.jpg

Weather it be Max now or MD or someone else later.

These three deeds in my neigborhood are no more:

Rup Doo

One Steppe Down

Crystal Bay Castle

There is also a tower from another old freestead just North of my deed

at the south end of the Grand Steppe.

The top left of this image is about 46x 29y

In addition south of this image Crouching Fountain, Hidden Mine disabanded a while ago

and I "think" Hippy Valley and Tolemac may have as well.

Thanks

(Edit: Removed extra spaces)

Edited by Huserx

Also I don't know whether people are suplying re wrong co-ords or whether I am being thick but here are the changes I have been unable to make:

Add Deed - Blueberry Hollow 14x 12y - Plus Guard tower, Alongside Festival Cove. - 14x 12y is no where near festival cove?

Move Deed - Promesse Beeds 25x 17y - Move down one square below Birchwood Keep - Wrong Coords? Cannot find.

Add Deed - Agua 18x 5y - In the sea?

Remove Deed - Northport Academy 18x 5y - No deed this is the sea?

Hey Maxi,

Don't worry about Blueberry Hollow anymore thanks. Also the co-ords were used with the newer pdf map Mama was working on, not the regular Inde Map we all use. Glad to see someone else has picked up this project. =)

I think the PDF coordinates were inverted. May want to make a note that your not continuing or updating the Pdf and submissions should use the .png coordinates.

:)

Goodafternoon Maxi!!

Ok i come here to make you a small request.

I changed the name and moved my deed token a bit recently. The old deed name is Fuhrmansheim and the location is at 45x 31y ( comunity map. png ), so if you have the chance, could you please update the name now to Edoras?!

Havens of Sirion also belongs to me, please add this 2.

Thank you

NorthCrystallake.jpg

keep the good work maxi

Hi Maedhros,

I have just got home from surgeory so give me a few days n i'll get it done for you,

Regards,

Max

Thank you Maxi!

Need no rush about that realy, your recover first;)

Wish you the best