Sign in to follow this  
Mystecore

Independence Christmas Treasure Hunt: Kicks off 26th dec

I had an incredible day... mystecore u have probably made this the best boxing day ever for me  :D

I proudly got a 1i booby prize which I discovered (after 2 hours of searching) was actually in a mine I had previously discounted - remind me next time to put some fuel in my lantern.

Pretty incredible tension for me when I got to the position in the screenshot here, then had to go afk for 20mins and came back to find myself dead. Turns out it was the drake, and eyerobot snuck in there while I was gone :D

hellodrake.jpg

Really looking forward to the next one of these. might even try to arrange one for new years or something  ::)

That is the entrance to the big mine, But that is not where I found your body, 10-15 tiles south of there along the cliffs was where it was.  I can't say that I sneaked in there, When getting thru the mine entrance entailed bashing scorpions for almost fifteen minutes.

The big difference between success and failure in Wurm treasure hunts, Seems to be between running naked for speed, Or loading up with your best gear, And a horse.  I loaded up in the extreme, With the best chain armor I can make, My fastest horse, Tons of bandages, And food, And even a full set of tools.  I prefer a slower more methodical approach, That doesn't involve my death. 

I would have taken a screenshot of me taking the drake from the alter, But I was in complete shock that I actually won it!  Would you believe that the prizes I won from the treasure hunt, And the work that players did at the impalong, Were the only christmas I had this year?  I was very happy just to be a part of this event, And still shocked that I won.

sorry, sneaking was the wrong word. I managed to recover all my corpses late last night (as well as my 2 horses). It was 10-15 tiles away because I thought that was far enough that the scorpions wouldnt wander out and kill me while i was afk hehe :D

It was a great event! Had a ton of fun, went places I've never been, & fought things I'd normally avoid. Thanks to Mystecore & everyone who donated prizes.  :)