Sign in to follow this  
Coolboy

Wurm Helper - Tools For Beginners And Experienced Players

Back to the WerFault nothing showing problem again :(. I just uninstalled all the old versions and installed 0.1.0 and it does that again. It even says 0.1.0 in the programs and features list in control panel so I know its the latest version.

:(

I was looking forward to trying the weight option since I wanna see how many bricks I can pull in a large cart and not break out the horses hehe.

Sigh.

Thanks though. Looking forward to this workin again if you can. :)

Okay, well I'll look into why you're having that issue again. Hey did you make sure that the folder "Sonu-Coolboy" and all the files within it has read/write access?

Hey Schwanke, was your issue fixed or are you still having trouble?

No. It still does the WerFault thing. I didnt see an update since I last posted. I dont fully understand how permissions work in windows 7. I went into the sono folder and when I edited the permissions and gave CREATOR OWNER which should be the current/installed user full control and hit reply it just reverts back to what it was before. I imagine CREATOR OWNER has full control already since CREATOR OWNER is the one that installed it.

No. It still does the WerFault thing. I didnt see an update since I last posted. I dont fully understand how permissions work in windows 7. I went into the sono folder and when I edited the permissions and gave CREATOR OWNER which should be the current/installed user full control and hit reply it just reverts back to what it was before. I imagine CREATOR OWNER has full control already since CREATOR OWNER is the one that installed it.

Do this

1. Right click on "Sonu-Coolboy" folder
  2. Click on "Properties"
  3. In the tabs click on "Security"
  4. Then click on "Edit"
  5. Under "Group or user names" pick "Users (your name\Users)"
  6. Then under "Permissions for Users" make sure everything under "Allow" is checked except "Special permissions"

Hmmmmm, okay in the next update I'll add a lot of debug log messages, so let me know which one you get stuck on, so that way I know what's causing the problem.

Since I cant get even to the main screen for the updated to run, whats the link again to the main download?

Ok. I think I installed the new version you msgsed me on skype. I uninstalled the old version and installed that link and it does the same thing where it WerFaults. Where is the log file and whats it called? After running it the files in the WurmHelper direciton are:

12/06/2012 08:20 PM 2,695,224 DevExpress.Data.v11.2.dll

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 2,016,824 DevExpress.Printing.v11.2.Core.dll

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 3,479,608 DevExpress.Utils.v11.2.dll

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 2,016,824 DevExpress.XtraEditors.v11.2.dll

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 703,032 DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v11.2.dll

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 391,168 NAudio.dll

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 10,227 SkillTree.xml

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 15,360 Updater.dll

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 1,534,464 WurmHelper.exe

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 886 WurmHelper.exe.config

12/07/2012 10:54 PM 99,678 wurmhelper_icon.ico

I dont see a log file. Is it somewhere else or is even the logfile not being generated? (doh?) :P

Pretty much how I have it is, when you click on the WurmHelper.exe it will start logging.... And the log file is in the WurmHelper folder... But for you is it creating the log file?

Also released a new version, so try that and let me know if that works or not.

Edited by Coolboy

I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version and same thing. Just runs for half a second and exits. No window, no log file nothing.

I have this problem with another wurm tool. The tool written by the same person that does the wurm clock but its his tool that does the server statuses. It just pops and disapears.

So I am guessing some library is loading wrong but not giving a proper error. I have no idea how to get that error. I am going to keep working on it but its depressing lol. I spent several hours one day trying to research it but I could not figure out how to google 'nothing' since 'nothing' is what happens lol.

**** AHHH ****

Just found this. Figured out how to get the error for WerFault from windows:

Faulting application name: WurmHelper.exe, version: 0.1.3.0, time stamp: 0x50d73ff9

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17965, time stamp: 0x506dbe50

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c41f

Faulting process id: 0xffc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cde14945934eb7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonu-Coolboy\WurmHelper\WurmHelper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 836b3fa3-4d3c-11e2-b251-6c626d83b141

----

So now I gotta decipher what that means but at least I finally found an error code lol. :D

----

Not entirely sure how to keep searching. I googled what i could and one person had to compile their own program for "x86" insteads of "any CPU" and it fixed it for them. Everyone else that I could decipher was in reference to specific other programs. I am hoping you can decipher what to do next as except for me thrashing around in the water i am not sure what to do next.

Thanks for your help in this! Really wanna use your program. Had several uses already where I wished I could have calculated the weight I could pull in my cart. :D

Just noticed this in the windows logs:

Application: WurmHelper.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

Stack:

at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.Drawing.FontFamily, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte)

at WurmHelper.Form1.InitializeComponent()

at WurmHelper.Form1..ctor()

at WurmHelper.Program.Main()

And found this with that other program WurmStatus:

Application: WurmStatus.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

Stack:

at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.Drawing.FontFamily, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit, Byte, Boolean)

at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(System.String, Single, System.Drawing.FontStyle)

at WurmStatus.frmMain..ctor()

at WurmStatus.Program.Main()

---- Notice you both have the line with NativeFont at the top of the stack. I guess thats it?

Alright, those errors help a lot. I'll work on fixing those today, and hopefully get a release out that works by end of the day.

It wasnt you! The guy on the status tool told me to look into resetting the fonts and I found a website that showed me how to reset the original fonts in windows7 manually AND NOW IT WORKS! WHEEEEEEE!! :D

• Like 1

Hello, I hope you can help me as I am not as comupter literate as many people seem to be on here. I have installed and uninstalled wurmhelper twice and it will not run. I tried the compatability mode thing to no avail. I am running the program as administrator and all the permissions are checked as allowed. My computer is an Acer with an AMD Phenom II Triple-Core Processor 2.10 GHz with 4G of RAM. I have Win 7 Home Premium version 6.1 Service Pack 1. Don't know if you need any of that info. It is trying to start because user account control pops to ask if I'll allow it to make changes, after selecting yes nothing hppens though.

If it helps in the program compatability troubleshooting report I get this:

Issues found Detection details

6 Incompatible Application

Detected

WurmHelper is incompatible.

Fix application WurmHelper

Completed

Provides steps to fix the incompatible application.

CompatMode CompatMode

UserVerifySolution User Verification of Solution Verify_NO

<a name="Detection">

Detection details

Collection information Computer Name: RBPULC0-PC Windows Version:

6.1 Architecture:

amd64 Time:

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:36:16 PM

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Also tried resetting the fonts like Schwanke did as my problem seems similar but that didn't work :(

Edited by Panfillo

Hi there,

I too am having issues. I've downloaded, installed, unistalled, redownloaded and installed and still the following:

The screen flicks (like it's loading something)

Wait

Nothing

Not even a log file.

I've tried installing to my custom Wurm folder, and then I tried installing "as is".

I've run as Admin, I've allowed all settings, allowed all access to the folders.

I have not access fonts. I have 100s of fonts that I've added and over dozens of them are for work, I can't just remove them.

Is there something I am missing?

Cheers.

Well. After being gone for three months due to a broken knee I'm back and was rather looking forward to using your app again so I updated to the latest version and now its barfing again. :( This is the event log:

Faulting application name: WurmHelper.exe, version: 0.1.4.0, time stamp: 0x50e5ea7c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time stamp: 0x50b83c8a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x1734
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce2ee7b42c426b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sonu-Coolboy\WurmHelper\WurmHelper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f24e35bc-9ada-11e2-895b-6c626d83b141

According to google thats actually not very helpful because the exception is just ".NET Had an exception." Though you might find other info in there being the programmer.

I tried the same 'hack' I did last time of re-installing the fonts and that didnt help.

This drives me nuts. I really wanted to use the code for calculating what I can pull in a large cart since my secondary char actually has to count his KG lol.

Hiya,

Has any advances been made for those still having errors?

Cheers.

Program developer is inactive since one and half month.