Sign in to follow this  
violetann

Transport Crate

brought from a trader for 2s or alternatively can be crafted with carpentry skill aka large nails and planks. they can be reused.

these let you mail things which normaly can't be mailed i.e longswords, bows lump etc.

they also can be mailled cross servers and to freedom-wild and wild-freedom.

you can right click them to count items and estimate the mail costs aka:

The transport create contains 5 items.

mail from 1 freedom server to another aka indie to deliv will cost 30c-60c? per item aka

at 30c per item a crate with 3 items will costs: 30c + (3*30) = 1s 20c

mail from freedom to wild, or wild to freedom cost of 60c-1s? per item aka

at 60c per item a crate with 3 items will costs: 60c + (3*60) = 2s 40c

at 1s per item a crate with 3 items will costs: 1s + (3*1s) = 4s

You exaim the closed crate it contains:

Iron Lump 45ql  0.54 damage  45 wind of ages

Iron Longsword 70ql 12.0 damage 23 flaming aura the signature of v.ol.t

may be ajust prices.

the prices will only be effected by item count not weight i.e 1kg item will cost as much as 100kg. but this is a much more expensive way to transport.

but this is a general idea to help people who want to ship lump, weapons etc or items which are heavy.

also prevent people from 'flooding' beacuse its the only way to trade freedom and wild so it is a lot more expensive then freedom to freedom. so it should be cheaper buying from your own server and be cheaper to pay someone to ship it to you if say your buying a lot of something.

aka general psedo code:

if(Crate == true)

{

if(SenderPlayer.LocationCluster !=  ReciverPlayer.LocationCluster)

{

Price = (GetCrate.count()+1)*60;

}

else{

Price = (GetCrate.count()+1)*30;

}

}

I think thats a very good feature Violetann, I would love to see it in game although I still have reservations against Wild-Freedom item transfers.

That aspect is still in debate, the outcome would dictate if your suggestion would have this feature included in it's abilities.

But just for the transfering ability between Freedom servers and within your own server this would be Fantastic.

Im not for having to buy this from a trader. Its only a crate. Instead make it possible to make these with carpentry. and nail them closed which lessens decay and combines the stuff (like a bsb) Then allow it to be both mailed and more importantly: stashed on ships.

To balance it, using a crate with a mailbox could give you an additional charge (based on weight?). That would probally be better and make manual transport a tad more interresting.

I agree with Dark Tom; it would be better to be able to craft the crate rather than have to buy it from a trader, but overall I think its a superb idea, Violetann.

Yeah adjusted fees should be enough to balance the options to send, for almost everything.

Im not for having to buy this from a trader. Its only a crate. Instead make it possible to make these with carpentry. and nail them closed which lessens decay and combines the stuff (like a bsb) Then allow it to be both mailed and more importantly: stashed on ships.

To balance it, using a crate with a mailbox could give you an additional charge (based on weight?). That would probally be better and make manual transport a tad more interresting.

hmmm closed crates would let you sell say paint, wine and 'sets' of items aka a whole set of chain for x amount. also may be for locksmiths they package the locks and keys

I would like to see it weight based, like RL shipping. Still remember though, these things are damn spirits. We shove our stuff on em and tell em to get moving.

I'd like to see mail by containers, and mail by weight/volume instead of mail by item. However mailing between wild/freedom is a completely different debate all together.

+1 to crafting the box. I hate trader trinkets.

Shipping costs should be based on one or all of the following: total get price of item in the box, total volume, or total weight. Item count is a source of confusion because of the variety in item volume.

The crate should work like any another container. You can stack containers in containers and its limited to 100 item count.

I'd like for the container's volume to be big enough to hold 64 cotton. This would be 512 L and that is about 2/3 the size of a small cart.

The player must pick up the crate to mail it, this makes it so you can't mail anything that can't be picked up.

Finlay, Wurm has  long history of resisting changes that make trade easier. I have a feeling the Dev's don't want to make trade too easy because all the 70, 90+ craft folk out their can flood the market fast. I am also confident mail boxes are limited because of this, they want us to have to carry stuff from point A to point B.

Would be cool if they could also be used to say, replace rafts in carts giving the cart a new look when loaded with crates. :o

Would be cool if they could also be used to say, replace rafts in carts giving the cart a new look when loaded with crates. :o

+1

+1 and for the crafting

Say 20 planks 5 large nails and 2 ribbons? ( figure... its a freakin crate xD )

Could have Small, Large etc crates to hold various material requirements to take the place of Rafts in boats, best case would be having them added during boat construction but that would be for a different thread.

If allow mailing to do a flat fee for mailing the same items or a reduced price on sending say 10 longswords or whatever in a barrel as we currently do or did.

Both the way goods are moved by Boat, Cart and by mail are long overdue for some love, its possibly the top priority behind raising rock, adding rooms, 2 story houses etc, I bet if made a poll the most wanted fix or feature before the end of the year it would rank pretty high.