Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Detailed Map Of The Serendipity Bay Area

Very nice map. Was, is and will most likely be the best developed map for an entire area.

Any new screenshots of points of interest?

Thanks, KaiH! :) Well, I have hundreds of nice screenshots of the area - let me try to select a few. Hang on...

Here are some of the peninsula's highlights:

6ZhoX6e.jpg

Southern part of the peninsula as seen from Fort Allery

MBZUXbU.jpg

Bird's eye view of Serendipity Bay

1YFwRx4.jpg

The fortress of Silverhold

GU2d6Op.jpg

Solar eclipse as seen from Eagle View

yMa2EOu.jpg

Eagle View's little garden

Q9Fua2A.jpg

One of our many guard towers (we call them the "Archangel Network")

XE8bvDx.jpg

Lovely Sandycove (BEFORE the current reconstruction process)

RSOpCam.jpg

... and finally: "Haven" - my new village by the sea :)

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

Updated!

Can we make this sticky, please?

Edited by Yaga

I see that the map is a bit smaller, and Dragon Shore and Megatown area cutted out/half in the map, is this intended or just a mistake?

Also, there is new deed just twenty tiles southwest from Dragon Shore named Tyrosh.

I see that the map is a bit smaller, and Dragon Shore and Megatown area cutted out/half in the map, is this intended or just a mistake?

Also, there is new deed just twenty tiles southwest from Dragon Shore named Tyrosh.

Hi Dragon,

well, the reduction of map size was decided after Megatown was sold and left our alliance. The problem is that this map solely relies on my own exploration, and I rarely roam the northern parts of the peninsula. As I cannot ensure that the map is up to date in that area I decided to reduce its size a bit.

However, the "lost" part of the map still exists and I could "revive" it, if people are interested. (I'm not getting any feedback, so I never know if people are really using my map :( ) So, if you and others would like to have the present map extended to the north again, give me a shout - but I would need your regular input on changes.

Cheers

Yaga

Hello everyone! :)

I just want to officially say hello to the neighborhood.

Just started to "wurm" on Saturday and after a lot of walking and dying, I found the ruins of The Garden Of Ei . I hope it's OK with everyone that I'm settling here, because I really like the spot. :rolleyes:.

So hope to see you guys around.

o/

And than you a lot for the hard work of cartographing the peninsula.

Hey Vaiperu,

on behalf of the Serendipity Alliance: welcome to the Peninsula! The Garden of El is a nice spot, though not an easy one to settle :). If you need help or assistance, just give any member of the alliance (Tekari, Turiel, Thorbjoern, Aivlis, Glomby, Haloumi, myself or anybody else) a shout.

Have fun - hope to meet you soon.

Yaga

• Like 1

Updated!

Can we make this post sticky, please?

Hello Yaga... I just saw your lovely screenshots... the highlights of the peninsula. Wow.

AND NOT ONE FROM ANAGROM ATAF !

You Sir make me sad. :(

Awww - don't be sad, Tekari. There was a reason, of course: Being a poor amateur photographer I consider myself totally unworthy of capturing the beauty and glory of Anagrom Ataf! (Besides, I was afraid of copyright and data protection issues that could arise if I took pictures of your splendid village, without having been explicitly asked!) :D

So, why not post some pics yourself? (Or take the risk, put your trust in me and allow me to try capturing AA's magnificence...)

In particular, we're all looking forward to seeing the new lordly, manorial multistorey buildings of AA! Go ahead...

ouch ... didn't update this for some time. Working on it now ... :)

Mandalore was resized a few months ago if you wanted to swing by, survey and update. And as ever, Dust of Dreams slowly swells, right up to my south border now.

Just curious, how did you do the topography for this map? (Elevations mainly) And distances?

Just curious, how did you do the topography for this map? (Elevations mainly) And distances?

My map is totally based on Rolf's official map dump. I tried to evaluate the "pseudo-3D" info in that map to estimate the elevations. Distances are taken directly from the dump map, taking into account that 1 pixel = 1 tile. Everything else was done by just travelling around, counting tiles and sketching the topography. :)

Mandalore was resized a few months ago if you wanted to swing by, survey and update. And as ever, Dust of Dreams slowly swells, right up to my south border now.

Guess it's time for me to travel again!   Be prepared for a nosy visitor. :)

• Like 1