Sign in to follow this  
bgantzler

Wurm Army Knife 1.3.4 (Mapping & Tools)

Not sure what Im doing wrong on Sourceforge, or if its just that the file isnt available for a while after its uploaded. I checked it when I uploaded and seemed to be working fine. Now its not, after playing with it for a while and not really fixing anything, it appears to be working again.

Hi,

first of all let me say that I really like Wurm Army Knife and I use it frequently. Thank you for this great tool.

Here is a small problem I'm having. I try to hide the overlay; thought it would disappear when I unselect "View | Map Elements | Show Overlay Colors". However, the overlay is still there, regardless of the setting. Is there something I missed?

Cheers

Yaga

Could you be more specific in what overlay you do not want to show?

The overlay colors are the colors in the misc tab, not really an overlay map.

If you have copied a portion of the map as an overlay, or perhaps loaded another map as the overlay (view->overlay->load), you will find more entries once an overlay is loaded, perhaps view->overlay->visible is what you are looking for.

perhaps view->overlay->visible is what you are looking for.

I am using the overlay colors from the misc tab; this is my "View" menu:

overlay01.png

My map (including the overlay colors) was originally generated using WPlanner - maybe this could be the reason?

Sorry home life has not allowed me to play as much as I would like.

From what I understand you are doing it correctly. I will look into it.

1.3.4 Has been updated on the site.

The View->Map Elements->Show Overlay Colors now functions properly. (Thanks Yaga)

Danke ;)

Thank you, BG -works perfectly now. Wurm Army Knife is a great tool!

Hello,

first I have to say this is a great set of tools.

Second... I think there's something strange with the numbers on the formula page. Check the screenshot:

screenwak.jpg

Your skills are probably formatted as 34,05481 and the program treats the comma as a seperator of 1000s groups instead of a decimal seperator.

There is a small issue with this on my Windows 8 PC. When shutting down the app it throws this error...

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Unknown\Wurm Army Knife\TimerData.xml' is denied.

I could probably change the security on this folder manually, but by default Windows 8 requires escalation to Administrator to write to the program files directory so user configuration files really shouldn't be stored there. May I suggest you look into storing these files in the users profile directory. In .NET you can get the path to this folder with Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData).

• Like 1

I think that this program is no longer maintained.

Yeah, it's been quite a while since an update has been put out.  It's a shame, this is my favorite Wurm utility.

I have still been playing, but have not actually updated the program as I haven't needed to. Tiles maybe, marble, pottery etc. Now with Diagonal roads should probably put that in. As far as the timer data I saved the user data with the supplied data and that is were you are seeing the problem. Can look into splitting that out. Wont promise anything, while I still play, I don't have as much time as I use to :(

• Like 1

I'm still using your program very frequently - and I love it! I would really appreciate any updates :)

Is there any chance of seeing a new version? I'm still a fan :)

If you are not planning to maintain the program, I would be interested to continue working on it. Maybe you would consider sharing the source code?

I agree, I'd love to get the source code so I can add a few things.  :)

Id love for it to at least have a popup so you get a warning if you try to close it after any changes.

Does anyone know if the author is still playing or at least watching this thread? I'm interested in creating a conversion program for WAK map files, but I'd need some coding information.

bgantzler

Member Since 13 Jul 2011

OFFLINE Last Active Jul 16 2013 01:03 AM

1,5 month of inactivity, so I don't think he will read this thread soon.

It seems the author is not reading this anymore, so I tried to analyze the file format of the WAK map files. It took a few days, but finally I can present a document describing the binary file structure:

WAK Map File Format.pdf

Feel free to use the information as you wish - hopefully to create a tool converting old WAK map files to new formats used by current tools.

Disclaimer:
The data presented in the above mentioned document are the result of a binary file analysis using decompilation methods. They are not based on any official development documentation or on information obtained by the creator of “Wurm Army Knifeâ€. The document therefore may contain technical errors; the author cannot assume any liability for the completeness or accuracy of any of the information presented here.

Edited by Yaga

Can I ask for any WAK map? It should contain as much WAK features as possible, possibly all of them.

Can I ask for any WAK map? It should contain as much WAK features as possible, possibly all of them.

Sure, I'll send you some sample map files.

With the help of WAK's author (bgantzler) I made a little program which reads a WAK map file, analyzes its contents and creates a ".struct" file with a simple text representation of the map. Here is an example:

vEKxmM5.jpg

You can download the program and a small sample map file at this location:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zapxrei1mp5kt07/WAKmap100.zip

It runs on Windows 7/8 and needs .NET 4.5 or higher.

Just unpack and copy to any folder. After launching the program you can open a WAK map file - just wait a few seconds until the empty text area fills with information about the map. The program will create a text file with the same name as the map file, but with the extension ".struct".

Possibility to load WAK maps will appear in next alpha release of DeedPlanner 2. :)

• Like 1