Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Rolf stop playing games with people's heads and do the right thing

Wild stays or goes, makes no difference to me. Should be up to Rolf to decide, not us.

But the people on Wild (I have been one of them) are there for the pvp, or risk of pvp. They like the danger. Offering a trip to Freedom with their stuff if the server gets shut down makes no sense, wilders don't want pve.

Listen, we already have people on Epic with over 70's in skills already thanks to the skill gain and whatever else happens, so that "fresh start" everyone wanted with Epic is now gone in a matter of weeks. Guess what, like it or not, but Epic is now the vets and newbies.

What should be done then is not to offer transfers to the Freedom cluster, but to Epic. Let the people who like pvp head to a more populated pvp server if they want. Let them take their stuff. They won't be happy on any Freedom server and sending them there makes no sense to me.

with this solution, the pvp discussion and what happens to wild won't affect Freedom, which is the concern of the Freedom players.

Words of Wisdom.

Jock has some wise words... maybe you should look at the post I did about the panel? 

What most are missing in these threads about wild is this.

and I am going to make this really big letters...

YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE... YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAY

GET IT?

Dude... Isn't the point that the players get to voice their opinions?

When 99% of the players are NOT on wild, you need to accept that.

If you are trying to get new players to revitalize Wild, you might want to hear some folks out that do not live there.  As far as how it affects Freedom (if Wild closes), people that live in Freedom should have a say.

It would not be fair to allow items to be transferred to Epic.  Everyone started fresh there so there are no old items such as FW etc

If you are trying to get new players to revitalize Wild, you might want to hear some folks out that do not live there.  As far as how it affects Freedom (if Wild closes), people that live in Freedom should have a say.

It would not be fair to allow items to be transferred to Epic.  Everyone started fresh there so there are no old items such as FW etc

Simple enough to code what can and can't be brought.

YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE... YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAY

GET IT?

Yes, just like I get it when a child screams at the top of their lungs when they aren't allowed to have a second ice cream cone.

Farmerbob.. You are treading in an area you do not want to be in.  You are very close to me reporting your posts. 

Tread carefully.

I am not an officiate of the game as you have been.

Farmerbob.. You are treading in an area you do not want to be in.  You are very close to me reporting your posts. 

Tread carefully.

I am not an officiate of the game as you have been.

Reporting for what?

He's said nothing in violation of the rules, your report would be instantly invalid.

Based on the language I think Rolf might view it differently and yes I do have screen shots and copies in case this is ummm ... cleaned up. 

Listen, we already have people on Epic with over 70's in skills already thanks to the skill gain and whatever else happens, so that "fresh start" everyone wanted with Epic is now gone in a matter of weeks. Guess what, like it or not, but Epic is now the vets and newbies.

Difference being

1. it's twice as fast to catch up,

2. the curve means effectively it's faster still and

3. thanks to the curve you don't need to be as high skill to be useful.

So the gap's nothing like it is on Wild.

Sorry to be off topic.

Based on the language I think Rolf might view it differently and yes I do have screen shots and copies in case this is ummm ... cleaned up.

Could you direct me to the post? I'm either misunderstanding something here, or you are.

If anything, Farmerbob's response was perfectly fine against yours, he simply stated (figuratively) that you were being immature and illogical with your reasoning, and the fact you can't really get what you want.

I see no foul nor harsh language used.

On his language? Take a look:

11) You may not accuse or suggest that other users have broken the Wurm Online forum, chat or game rules in any part of the forum. Such accusations should be sent to forum, chat or game moderators respectively. Even if it is proven that users have broken the rules, it is not advisable to discuss it in the forum.

I thought we all read the rules...

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=3781.0

Most of you need to step back a sec i get the fact that wild player have blood spilled all over that map and it's there history they made it be alot to lose but can you be so selfish as to push out new ideas to keep that?

what do you really want from wild the history or better experience?

Both of these should be the same answer we need to keep wild for rolf to show he's a man of his word and for him to show faith in those of have funded the beat through hard time

but at the same time you really need to open up to the idea that history may come and go and things need to grow and progress don't fight it open doors to keep both play with ideas bounce them round and see if you can save what you want and at the same time achieve a better appeal to new players.

*Wild PVP

It is very different on epic.

Then we await his Epic PvP video rebuttal with baited breath.

How many people are active on wild currently say in the last 3 months? It seems epic has drained wild heavily but what about just before epic?

how many deeds are left on wild? how many have disbanded/founded in that 3 month sample window?

Wild's health stats can be seed at wild001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/ - but to summarize it:

300 premium players (dropped significantly)

500G in economy, roughly 1.6G per player (hardly dropped at all)

10-30 players actually logged in on average (dropped significantly)

118 deeds (hardly dropped at all)

I don't "clean up" my posts unless I've had a missing fingers moment and butchered the spelling of something, OR if something factual changes.

Feel free to report anything you like.  I stand by every single word I've said.

What I am seeing (and it's NOT just you) is:

1) An attitude that some players are more equal than others.

2) People willing to try to push Rolf into a corner and demand he keep a promise that will hurt his business.

3) Freedom players afraid of the boogeyman bringing tens of thousands of 90 QL weapons and armor and tools with 90+ enchants

4) People who appear to think that Rolf has limitless time to devote to developing entire new conceptual frameworks to revive a dead server.

How many people are active on wild currently say in the last 3 months? It seems epic has drained wild heavily but what about just before epic?

how many deeds are left on wild? how many have disbanded/founded in that 3 month sample window?

Wild's health stats can be seed at wild001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/ - but to summarize it:

these numbers would seem to indicate that a large chunk of wilds wealth and deeds are in the hands of a relatively small group of residents

these numbers would seem to indicate that a large chunk of wilds wealth and deeds are in the hands of a relatively small group of residents

This is without doubt the case, but it's not something limited to Wild - take a look at the Independence graphs - despite the playerbase going from ~2k to ~1k due to the extra servers opening, the economy has actually consistently grown.

OK....All of you people that think WILD is on its deathbed why do you say that?  JK just had a new village found.  Ohhhh thats right you idiots are not here but are telling everyone that it is dead.

Come on if you don't live here just shut the hell up.  If you did live here then post on the the villages that are coming up and trying to make a go of it.

The rest of you that want to come over and are afraid to come on over... its ok we can protect you.

For the ones saying Wild is dead you can just FO.

villages-month.png

Down 15 in just a month alone

paying-week.png

23 gone in just a week.

paying-month.png

257 gone in a month and who knows how many went to epic of that number and those that just outright quit.

wurm-month.png

Before Epic wild averaged 90+ now it averages just under 17.

wurm-week.png

Wild peaked just over 20 on a Saturday when before we did 100+ usually on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday but now you're lucky to have just under 20 if that.

Wild is dying off K. It's losing players fast and if Rolf waits a full two months just think of where these numbers will be then. You'll be lucky to have just over 100 paying customers and the majority of what is on now will just quit the game as they have no out atm.

There is only 82 settlements not sure where you got 118. The economy spiked back in october which I assume took in to account Epic server now which is weird.

I just dont understand what people like in wild so much that they dont want to leave not even with their stuff from a server where there are 20 players for a 2048x2048 sized map and 3 kingdoms. Nothing lasts forever guys you have to move on. Those playing for 4years on wild should understand. There are no pvp on wild so you might aswell go to freedom or epic.  With the increased skillgain you can catch up easily.

This or make wild non pvp and open it for everyone just do something about this quick because im getting tired of this drama and development time wasted.

There is only 82 settlements not sure where you got 118. The economy spiked back in october which I assume took in to account Epic server now which is weird.

http://wild001.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/villagecount.html

I do see the other graph showing 82, wierd.

Even so, neither of them have dropped what I would consider significantly when you consider the population loss. It seems like whilst Wild has taken a bit hit in players, most people are still keeping deeds going.

Even so, neither of them have dropped what I would consider significantly when you consider the population loss. It seems like whilst Wild has taken a bit hit in players, most people are still keeping deeds going.

Alts, remaining upkeep etc etc.

Honestly, as much as i loved my various settlements on wild and would be a little sad to see especially Sealand gone, it is either let the server run as is for the next 2 months and be not surprised at all to see single digit numbers in all the variables above or offer the few remaining individual players a way out and a fresh pvp server with a slightly different concept to bring new blood in after a while of long good thoughts.

For example a new pvp server that is attached to freedom, since i see people there regularily wanting to try out pvp but are reluctant to being thrown into a place where they stand the chance of a snowball in hell.

The "average old wilder" mindset wont like a place like that, where the player living on the server fulltime and the weekend warrior are in a somewhat level playing field, but i have the feeling exactly that might spice up and warrant a pvp server besides the epic cluster.

While sending the post, something rough evolved before my inner eye:

- A new server attached to Exodus

- Same size as Exodus

- A "wild race" access to all gods, no religious restrictions, all 4 religions can live in the same village

- Villages can freely form alliances and towers are tied to the villages, everyone not allied is an enemy

- The wild race is stuck on the server

- Travel to the server is only possible with boats, items can be brought both ways, but everything except weapons and armour gets reduced to 30ql on transition

- The reduction to 30ql doesnt apply to things brought from current Wild

- Freedomers can place deeds there with restrictions

- The wild race gets a hefty bonus within their alliance lands

From there on, it is all up to players and their ability to organize events.