Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Rolf stop playing games with people's heads and do the right thing

OK....All of you people that think WILD is on its deathbed why do you say that?  JK just had a new village found.  Ohhhh thats right you idiots are not here but are telling everyone that it is dead.

Come on if you don't live here just shut the hell up.  If you did live here then post on the the villages that are coming up and trying to make a go of it.

The rest of you that want to come over and are afraid to come on over... its ok we can protect you.

For the ones saying Wild is dead you can just FO.

I am one of the players who has been on wild for a long time and don't want to go anywhere else. I also believe that if it doesn't effect you in any way you should not have anything to say about it. And Bob, why do you want wild gone so bad? What is your problem with wild? We love wild and it will come back, its not dead by a long shot!

OK....All of you people that think WILD is on its deathbed why do you say that?  JK just had a new village found.  Ohhhh thats right you idiots are not here but are telling everyone that it is dead.

Come on if you don't live here just shut the hell up.  If you did live here then post on the the villages that are coming up and trying to make a go of it.

The rest of you that want to come over and are afraid to come on over... its ok we can protect you.

You can't have a full sized server that only has 7 freaking people playing on it. It's a waste of resources better spent anywhere else.

Kraeger, stop being such a chauvinist pig and listen to what people are saying. Wild is dying. Oooh, look, a new deed was founded. Wow, that TOTALLY means Wild is making a comeback. I'm really sick of the way some older players think that they're the only ones that matter; new players have no say in things. For his own sake, I hope Rolf decides to listen to reason and not the ancient players' whims. Nimisha, you're apparently one of the people Rolf should legitimately keep Wild running for. At the very least, Wild should remain(mostly unchanged) for at least another month while the population changes from Epic settle down.

I just started a NEW village on WILD. I love it. I first started to play this game of WURM a while back. I played Freedom for about 2 hours. Not my thing, I immediately paid for an account of Premium and I have been on WILD ever since. I am now on my 3rd account on WILD. First two I do not play anymore. But I am on this new account with new beginning stats on WILD and I will have it no other way. I love WILD. Its open, its free and its fun. I started this new Village and a GM is helping me get registered on this forum. The GMs in WILD are always helpful too. I have seen some wondrous things on WILD.

So with this said, I have a question no one seems to have asked Farmer Bob. Why ? What is your reasoning for making claims about WILD or wanting it shut down ? What is your reasoning behind it ? Your motive ? I mean if its legitimate, lets hear it. Because from your posts, your not actually saying anything 100 % true. So please, what is the real reason your wanting WILD shut down. Especially since you are no longer playing on WILD according to your own words. I mean what purpose could you have for wanting a server shut down that you have nothing more to do with. What are you trying to gain if it was shut down ? Especially since you left it ?

Is it your ego or pride ? If so, then you pretty much showing your true colors. So I am more curious as to what your motives are for wanting a server shut down that you no longer have anything to do with.

You can't have a full sized server that only has 7 freaking people playing on it. It's a waste of resources better spent anywhere else.

Wrong.. its more then that. I have personally seen over 25 people on each day during the day off and on. And the players rotate during the day. So some who are not on during the day are on at night. Its not just 7 total people period.

As for resources, we are paying for it, so if Rolf doesn't care, neither should you. Again, I pay for my village.

I believe it can still be worthwhile, I don't understand why everyone is so set on getting it shut down. Give it a chance, and give Rolf a chance to make changes that will bring some players. Everyone needs to stop being hotheaded and demanding things be done their way and do it yesterday.

If, financially, Rolf can handle it, I don't care. Leave it open for the 7 people.

I just don't want him spending valuable development time concocting up some plan to "reinvent" the server.... time that could be used elsewhere. This whole "council" and whatnot is already too much time invested into its "reinvention", as I don't even think 3/4 of it's remaining population even cares or wants to stick around for such a thing... they just want to move on.

Thanks Jack.... You do voice the opinion of Wild.  And to quote myself again those that are not on WILD should not give opinions of it.

Thanks!

If, financially, Rolf can handle it, I don't care. Leave it open for the 7 people.

I just don't want him spending valuable development time concocting up some plan to "reinvent" the server.... time that could be used elsewhere. This whole "council" and whatnot is already too much time invested into its "reinvention", as I don't even think 3/4 of it's remaining population even cares or wants to stick around for such a thing... they just want to move on.

You have a very strong point. If Rolf however ever got more of a team together, like Notch on Minecraft did, who knows what direction WURM could go. As long as WILD is not messed up, i'm all for some cool server. Its just for now, Epic is not my thing. Neither is Freedom. WILD is the only reason I still play.

Thanks Jack.... You do voice the opinion of Wild.  And to quote myself again those that are not on WILD should not give opinions of it.

Thanks!

Its all good bro. We just want to play without the drama. If your not on WILD then don't be on it. Nothing else to it. Just play on the server of your choice. Case closed.

I am one of the players who has been on wild for a long time and don't want to go anywhere else. I also believe that if it doesn't effect you in any way you should not have anything to say about it. And Bob, why do you want wild gone so bad? What is your problem with wild? We love wild and it will come back, its not dead by a long shot!

I want Wild gone because if Rolf spends several months trying to invent new ways to make Wild palatable to people again, it will fail, and that time will be lost.  There are many problems with Epic and Freedom that could use Rolf's attention.

No matter what Rolf does, some people will be angry.  Thats a fact.  Rolf needs to decide if he wants to make people on a dead server happy, or people on active servers.  He also needs to give people a fair chance to get away from the dead server.

Thanks!

Stop capitalizing Wild, and leaving Wild AS IS would be great, assuming it still pays for itself.

Rolf has worked on all other servers for a long time, wild has waited patienly, just because we wait patiently for our turn doesn't mean we are dead.

Wild, waiting patiently?? I would be willing to bet Rolf spent more than 75% of his time on Wild, before Epic. Now it's probably closer to 50%, but still.... for a while, every day changes were made to the lights and artifact recharges.

How many people are active on wild currently say in the last 3 months? It seems epic has drained wild heavily but what about just before epic?

how many deeds are left on wild? how many have disbanded/founded in that 3 month sample window?

Farmerbob... You may want to stop while you are behind cause what you are spouting is true lies and I bet the developer will take offense very soon.

I want Wild gone because if Rolf spends several months trying to invent new ways to make Wild palatable to people again, it will fail, and that time will be lost.  There are many problems with Epic and Freedom that could use Rolf's attention.

No matter what Rolf does, some people will be angry.  Thats a fact.  Rolf needs to decide if he wants to make people on a dead server happy, or people on active servers.  He also needs to give people a fair chance to get away from the dead server.

tbh i hate wild dying but it is maybe just leave it as it is for now focus on cleaning up the game, implementing the updates and fixing the bugs wild will never die due to old accounts. and they want to pvp 2 but with the years they spent funding your game when you needed it most should be considered highly as it will send a message of what your customers should expect.

years of loyalty, to be drop when the new crowed comes along?

i think you need to ask them what they want i don't think it will be much more than freedom and old wild players who would use it, epics shiny and new plus alot more balance in the short term, makeing wild a long term game e.g. hard core mode would potentialy work on wild but you would need freedom to be attached

Jock you make alot of sense. Thank you for some calm and thought out comments to this conversation.

Jock has some wise words... maybe you should look at the post I did about the panel? 

What most are missing in these threads about wild is this.

and I am going to make this really big letters...

YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE... YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAY

GET IT?

How many people are active on wild currently say in the last 3 months? It seems epic has drained wild heavily but what about just before epic?

how many deeds are left on wild? how many have disbanded/founded in that 3 month sample window?

VERY good questions.  But online right now as of all this, we had 14 people. Point being, Yes, Epic drained WILD of players. But that's not a permanent thing. I mean some are coming back or are coming to other servers, WILD being one of them. So WILD is not dead. Its just catching its breath again. No worries.

Point being, who cares how many players are left on WILD as long as those of us who are on it are having fun. And we are. Those who do not like WILD do not need to be on it. Sounds pretty simple. So less drama, enjoy the game on whatever server you choose.

YOU DO NOT LIVE HERE... YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAY

GET IT?

+1    8)

Wild stays or goes, makes no difference to me. Should be up to Rolf to decide, not us.

But the people on Wild (I have been one of them) are there for the pvp, or risk of pvp. They like the danger. Offering a trip to Freedom with their stuff if the server gets shut down makes no sense, wilders don't want pve.

Listen, we already have people on Epic with over 70's in skills already thanks to the skill gain and whatever else happens, so that "fresh start" everyone wanted with Epic is now gone in a matter of weeks. Guess what, like it or not, but Epic is now the vets and newbies.

What should be done then is not to offer transfers to the Freedom cluster, but to Epic. Let the people who like pvp head to a more populated pvp server if they want. Let them take their stuff. They won't be happy on any Freedom server and sending them there makes no sense to me.

with this solution, the pvp discussion and what happens to wild won't affect Freedom, which is the concern of the Freedom players.